RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
come on ref

over raced dogs

1 hour ago, I know said:

I don't see why you would say that ? Apart from just to stir the pot 

I say that Johnathon because 14/15 mths to be racing a 33 kilo puppy is way to young, and the powers that be need to outlaw this from happening. Obviously you don't seem to get it. And yes i am stirring the pot. When something is clearly wrong, people need to speak up, the animals can't. I suppose because the dog won the non race, we can expect to see it racing every day possible, which is another thing that needs to be addressed.

Unfortunately for you, You have the wrong person but nevertheless. I see a lot of trainers racing dogs at this age . Yes 34kg is a great weight but if the dog is foward and ready I see no problem. While this maybe wrong in your eyes everyone is different and this doesn't mean you are right or in fact correct. A couple of things you have no idea about other than who I am is #1 What preparation the said dog has had . #2 what are it's plains going forward . These must be taken into account before making statements such as yours . Each to there own everyone is different,in Australia I see greyhounds under 2 with only 2 or 3 starts being put over 600 m plus is this right or wrong. Who am I to judge.

10 hours ago, I know said:

Unfortunately for you, You have the wrong person but nevertheless. I see a lot of trainers racing dogs at this age . Yes 34kg is a great weight but if the dog is foward and ready I see no problem. While this maybe wrong in your eyes everyone is different and this doesn't mean you are right or in fact correct. A couple of things you have no idea about other than who I am is #1 What preparation the said dog has had . #2 what are it's plains going forward . These must be taken into account before making statements such as yours . Each to there own everyone is different,in Australia I see greyhounds under 2 with only 2 or 3 starts being put over 600 m plus is this right or wrong. Who am I to judge.

Fair enough I Know, thanks for the reply. I have said all that i'm going to say on this subject. We will have to agree to disagree.

2 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

It appears GRNZ is looking for peoples opinion on the minimum age matter.

http://www.thedogs.co.nz/Home.aspx

Web Poll

What do you consider to be the appropriate age for a greyhound to start its racing career

◦14 months
◦16 months
◦18 months

the problem with these polls on there site is I have just put 10 x votes on the same age. very easy to sway the look of the votes if that is what you want to do.

11 hours ago, Craig Symes said:

the problem with these polls on there site is I have just put 10 x votes on the same age. very easy to sway the look of the votes if that is what you want to do.

Are you sure about that Craig. I will ring the Ass to make sure. If you are right, its meaningless. I see a January whelp 2015 is lining up today, dog to make matters worse. Agree with Bunyarra, bitches can start earlier as a rule, so 16 mths for bitches, 18 mths for dogs.

20 minutes ago, I know said:

I note ray adcock started a greyhound today born November 2014 . Won its qualifying race on the 29th March. Went a get race today over 520m 

I noticed it as well, what is the point you are making?

44 minutes ago, Sairy said:

So Mcinerney does this and everyone is against it but when Adcock does this, hes praised as a top trainer. Double standards aye?

I take it maths is not a strong suit for both I Know and Sairy, so just for the pair of you i will spell it out. Today a dog named Homebush Baily started its career at age 14 mths. It was whelped February 2015. The bitch which I know is referring to, and trained by Ray Adcock,and is named Hannah Rhiannon, was whelped Nov 2014 and is 17mths old. I think there is a substantial difference in age sex and weight. The dog weighs 29 kg's, the bitch weighs 23 kg's. No double standards here, just stupidity.

Just a quick look at the difference . 

Adcock  = bitch * 16 months 9 days

McInerney =  dog * 13 months 28 days

HOMEBUSH BAILEY :                                                           HANNAH RHIANNON  :

dog , whelped 10/02/15  :                                                       bitch ,  whelped 20/12/14

qually  :  13 months 28 days                                                   qually  :  16 months 9 days

first race  :  14 months 5 days old                                           first race  :  16 months 25 days

HOMEBUSH BAILEY (C0) TRAINER: J T MCINERNEY, DARFIELD
WHELP   10TH  FEB  2015   dog
15 APR    ADD    4 OF 8    C0    295M    4    654    28.9KG   
08 APR    ADD    2 OF 7    TRIAL    295M    

HANNAH RHIANNON (C0) TRAINER: R H ADCOCK, DUNSANDEL
20TH WHELP    NOV 14   bitch
BKW    B    MAGIC SPRITE - SURF GIRL    K P B SYNDICATE    
15 APR    ADD    2 OF 8    C0    520M    1    11122    23.1KG    
29 MAR    ADD    1 OF 5    TRIAL    295M   

14 hours ago, Craig Symes said:

HOMEBUSH BAILEY :                                                           HANNAH RHIANNON  :

dog , whelped 10/02/15  :                                                       bitch ,  whelped 20/12/14

qually  :  13 months 28 days                                                   qually  :  16 months 9 days

first race  :  14 months 5 days old                                           first race  :  16 months 25 days

14 hours ago, Craig Symes said:

Let's be honest the said trainer is really a dog farmer and just races the dogs as much as they can without real strategies, just by looking at the racing records of the greyhounds I say this without prejudice as the record book certainly indicates this. But I'm not judging just what it seems. NZGRA needs to put rules in place that protect the industry as a whole. Saying that it will protect all, Dogs, Owners, staff, public and trainers in all aspects. Making sure minimum age to start racing, owners paid direct their share, like in NSW, not that I have a problem with my current trainers as I'm more than happy. Maximum amount of starts in 10 days, according to distance of races, this is just a few things needing addressing. Any thuggery at all by trainer or owner or staff public on any track immediate stand down or warned off or law notified if video proof shows this without doubt. It is so cheap to install which protects all parties from false or true altercations, not that I've had any. This is a fantastic sport, industry we all need to protect it, stop spending on products that are just rubbish, just a few thoughts. All the best cheers

What's worse this & who's a farmer doesn't really matter at this point.

As I see it, what trainers/breeders are doing currently is within the rules.

As I've mentioned previously, bickering back & forth between us isn't going to change a thing.

The energy should be focused towards GRNZ to get the much needed change to the rule book. Once it's in there, sorted.

With the web poll turning up on their homepage, it appears as though we already have their ear. :)