RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Slim Shady

Cambridge. ..NIght meets

I've heard that all Cambridge meets from now on are going to be night meetings. I heard its because the harness folk asked the greyhound folk to do this because their turnover was suffering from not having the dual code meets? If this is the case then we have very short memories and little morals, the horse folk can't stand dog racing...we are the "peasants" of the codes to them. This begs the question that if it is in fact true that we are lumped with night meets now just to help the harness codes turnover then why the hell didn't the Association give US as loyal supporters of the club and regular participants a vote to decide whether we wanted night or day meets? Instead of "selling us off" I believe they should of had a vote amongst the regulars to decide this decision.....the voting paper could of read a bit like this: do you loyal supporters of cambridge want 12pm starts or 4.30pm starts with hour half breaks between races and the last race at 10pm all to support a code that considers us as fleas on their ass...yes or no....I know my answer....

3 hours ago, GONSTA said:

Whoever has the Thursday day meeting has a massive disadvantage. 2k win and place pools vs 10k + pools for the evening meet. Should be 50/50 South Island and north island.

This is the TAB's problem because they havent sorted the co mingling pool's.....rome wasnt built in a day I suppose, mind you the way the tabs mucking around sorting this id say rome could almost get built again!

8 minutes ago, Slim Shady said:

This is the TAB's problem because they havent sorted the co mingling pool's.....rome wasnt built in a day I suppose, mind you the way the tabs mucking around sorting this id say rome could almost get built again!

I think you will find that the win and place pools are commingled.

2 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

I think you will find that the win and place pools are commingled.

They don't cover the Thursday day meeting in Aus anymore due to the amount of meetings they already cover. Check out the win / place pools at the day meeting today, any bet over $100 will dramatically influence your price and its down right embarrassing to say the least. Wonder what head office is doing to try and get NZ punters betting on NZ dogs, because without Aus betting into our pools it's common knowledge the industry would be ****ed.

2 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

They don't cover the Thursday day meeting in Aus anymore due to the amount of meetings they already cover. Check out the win / place pools at the day meeting today, any bet over $100 will dramatically influence your price and its down right embarrassing to say the least. Wonder what head office is doing to try and get NZ punters betting on NZ dogs, because without Aus betting into our pools it's common knowledge the industry would be ****ed.

https://www.tab.com.au/racing/2016-03-03/FORBURY-PARK/FBP/G/1

4 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Interesting, thanks for that. I know nearly every Thursday day meeting has had diabolical pools for a long long time now because Aus hasn't been covering it. Will have a look later and see how they compare. Normally struggle to get over 3k in the win pool on a Thursday day meet. 

2 minutes ago, DaveyBoy said:

Bimbo is correct. Been commingled for a couple of months. TABCORP have updated there system to allow for the additional meeting.

Any updates on the main commingling issue? When are we going to be able to bet into a decent Aus quad pool instead of this $1500-2000 rubbish we are dished up. Yes I know I can do it from my Aus account, but that's not the point. It's gone from being a 1 month issue to a issue that doesn't look like being resolved anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, DaveyBoy said:

Bimbo is correct. Been commingled for a couple of months. TABCORP have updated there system to allow for the additional meeting.

Just looking at the pools from tab.com.au and note the closing tote prices are different from ours, im assuming the pools shown on their website is just the Aus money while ours is NZ and Aus?

Any races beyond Race 12 are never commingled.  Tabcorp only go to Race 12 for any meeting.  You will notice that most Australian greyhound meetings have 12 races and never more than that.

Commingling sees the New Zealand totalisator pool combined with Tabcorp Australia's Victorian pool as well as the Western Australian (WA) and Australian Capital Territories (ACT). This is known as the 'SuperTab' pool.

On 02/03/2016 at 0:19 PM, DaveyBoy said:

Anything else you would like to add Davey boy....? Few rumours floating round at mo that need clarification. .....

Im f#$king fuming from what ive heard......

The best people to talk to about the reason for all the night meets for the dogs at Cambridge now would be Robert Death or Wayne Steele. They would be able to give you a better idea on the reason behind it then anyone else would.

On 3/5/2016 at 9:01 PM, Slim Shady said:

Be patient and all will be revealed.....

The way he was acting Sunday, Id say the rumors are true... Very unprofessional and if the rumours are true, he should be removed from his position immediatle