RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Should some dogs have an F

After reading the Springvale Harry thread I wondered if it would be right for dogs such as Harry to be identified with an F in racing information for the dog. You know how horses have a H if they have won in the heavy or T if they have won the track, then why not a F for dogs that have previously fought or failed to chase.

This should be essential info for punters about to risk their readies and at the moment they are oblivious unless they read racecafe or actually see it happen

After reading the Springvale Harry thread I wondered if it would be right for dogs such as Harry to be identified with an F in racing information for the dog. You know how horses have a H if they have won in the heavy or T if they have won the track, then why not a F for dogs that have previously fought or failed to chase.

This should be essential info for punters about to risk their readies and at the moment they are oblivious unless they read racecafe or actually see it happen

Actually on reflection I have just realised a flaw. If the dog was a repeat offender as many do appear to be should it have Fx4  of ffff which would seem to suggest the person is having trouble getting the right adjective out

Good point Gonsta I should have realised that. If the punter needs to know if it wears a barking muzzle then surely this info is more important, b for blinkered would not cover a lot of them. Naughty seems to rile people up so maybe something more politically correct like U for unruly.

Unruly would be good terminology then the punters know what they are betting on, as an unruly dog can upset the running of a race.

A punter is basing his decisions on all the information they have available to them.

The more information the better the decisions the punter can make.

Can we get the TAB to put Box Statistics up on their field sheets in the TAB's, it is hard enough to find a Best Bets these days, we are getting less information these days from the TAB-USELESS

On ‎29‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 6:50 AM, Rangipo said:

Unruly would be good terminology then the punters know what they are betting on, as an unruly dog can upset the running of a race.

A punter is basing his decisions on all the information they have available to them.

The more information the better the decisions the punter can make.

Can we get the TAB to put Box Statistics up on their field sheets in the TAB's, it is hard enough to find a Best Bets these days, we are getting less information these days from the TAB-USELESS

True. That's a good idea. How about using the same concept for any trainers that are abit unruly? (just an idea). I've seen quite a few around with an "attitude" problem.

Forget the TAB for giving more information, create your own. Let the masses of punters wait for that more information, you do it yourself you will have info that the masses blindly takes for granted everything else is just a cop out for being lazy.

If as you say the TAB is useless you still make those crucial decisions about your money based on what the TAB supplies, and as with getting the TAB to put box stats up in their field sheets and you are online your kidding me right.  Do it your self

Punters tend to make all their money decisions inside the TAB and as you have stated we are getting less information these days from the TAB USELESS.

There has never been a WE its all on you

It's far better to make your decisions out side the TAB because that decision was based on far superior info that you created than what the TAB is supplying

I believe that profit will always come at a price and I am willing and ready to pay that price

Are you

good punting dugdog

This information is vital for punters, much more important than what strappings, hoods, compression vests, etc, dogs may have on raceday. One has to question the logic of suppressing this information from their customers, the punter. Or is it they that are in charge do not realize the significance of this information.

I am referring to convicted fighters and non chasers here. It really should be at the top of the list when it comes to information on dogs being fed to punters.

5 hours ago, dugdog said:

Forget the TAB for giving more information, create your own. Let the masses of punters wait for that more information, you do it yourself you will have info that the masses blindly takes for granted everything else is just a cop out for being lazy.

If as you say the TAB is useless you still make those crucial decisions about your money based on what the TAB supplies, and as with getting the TAB to put box stats up in their field sheets and you are online your kidding me right.  Do it your self

Punters tend to make all their money decisions inside the TAB and as you have stated we are getting less information these days from the TAB USELESS.

There has never been a WE its all on you

It's far better to make your decisions out side the TAB because that decision was based on far superior info that you created than what the TAB is supplying

I believe that profit will always come at a price and I am willing and ready to pay that price

Are you

good punting dugdog

Do agree with you dugdog, but with fighters and non chasers that have had tickets, this info should be beside the dogs name.

13 minutes ago, aquaman said:

This information is vital for punters, much more important than what strappings, hoods, compression vests, etc, dogs may have on raceday. One has to question the logic of suppressing this information from their customers, the punter. Or is it they that are in charge do not realize the significance of this information.

I am referring to convicted fighters and non chasers here. It really should be at the top of the list when it comes to information on dogs being fed to punters.

Totally agree. I find it staggering the only way to find a dogs offences in NZ is by going thru EVERY stipes report, it's lazy, unprofessional and downright pathetic. 

GRV do it well, and how friggen hard would it be to implement here? Piece of cake if someone gave a crap about the punter. 

image.png