RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hound Fan

CONCRATS AUCKLAND CLUB

I have just returned from our board meeting ( alive )....Thanks to the efforts of Greg kerr and Graig rendle we have a total change of view on track preperation , without going into details they orginised a hook up with melbournes track guru,,,,,We did have a problem and the track from tomorrow will change and it all comes down to a few things such as never let a track dry out which we did,,tracks have to be watered from the bottom up....it is so impotant to keep the bottom 100mm wet , anyrate i want to thank the committee and graig for making a major move to provide a safer racing surface for our dogs.........WATER..WATER ...WATER....I know it was my meant to be my last post but...

11 minutes ago, Hound Fan said:

I have just returned from our board meeting ( alive )....Thanks to the efforts of Greg kerr and Graig rendle we have a total change of view on track preperation , without going into details they orginised a hook up with melbournes track guru,,,,,We did have a problem and the track from tomorrow will change and it all comes down to a few things such as never let a track dry out which we did,,tracks have to be watered from the bottom up....it is so impotant to keep the bottom 100mm wet , anyrate i want to thank the committee and graig for making a major move to provide a safer racing surface for our dogs.........WATER..WATER ...WATER....I know it was my meant to be my last post but...

Hi Steve,

Good on you!!! Here's hoping the other track people take notice.

Lottabull

12 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

Great news Hound Fan.

Let's hope the positive vibe doesn't stop there and follows through to the mainstream media.

Surely Barry Lichter's pen must still have a bit of ink in it, to rejoice the extremely rapid actions by GRNZ, as track safety reform has now been initiated, solely because of your stance.

Guest 2Admin2
13 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

Thoroughbred track management could learn from that tip.

Admin, I think racing in general needs to follow and assist here, as we all  appear to be having similar problems. In my opinion there is a weak link hovering amongst our higher administration and this is our chance to pin point this cancer and cure it... 

15 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

Shame all this action was not initiated by our own administration long before this latest fiasco. Where was the Welfare Officer before this. Where was the Racing Manager. Where was the CEO. I'll tell you, come in close, closer, zzzzzzzzzzzzzsleep zzzzzz walking.  Safe tracks come in a long last behind more important issues such as gear notifications, dress codes, scratchings, etc. They really are letting the code down when it comes to the really important issues.  I can feel a new position becoming available at GRNZ headquaters, Track preparation officer to join, Racing Manager 1 and two, Welfare Officer, and CEO.

Seriously though, these problems are not new. Otago , Southland and CH CH, all have major problems with rain on the day. Cambridge has huge problems, now Auckland. Why is it taking so long to fix?. The answer you get from GRNZ is employ a new person, then sweep it under the carpet.  

You outline the truth, Aqua  but remember we have  just got rid of a chairman that has  had us all in recess  for years while he was in power. He perfected the art of sleepwalking while awake,  an absolute disaster, and we will feel the affects of that for a while yet I am afraid....The hole process now needs to be ripped a part and every one held accountable for their own actions or lack of it..

Had a call from a concerned Southlander over my labeling the southern track having problems with rain on the day. they defended their track surface as being able to withstand rain without concern. It was pointed out to me, frost is their worst enemy, and they are right. I shouldn't have lumped them in with Otago and ChCh which do have problems with rain. Actually both Southland and Palmy have the best sand and surface with regards to dog welfare in the country. My apologies Southland.

Yes he certainly left  his  dismal mark ..a huge dent in Greyhound history Not to be proud of...Don't forget that bludger the other C.E.O. they had to change the  title of C.E.O  to get rid of him,   and change it  to General Manager employing Dear old Jim.  Out of his depth as a C.E.O was that fella .  I guess we are a little off topic but it is a direct result of this era  we suffer still today.. Let's just hope now we can start turning things around and play fair and square in all facets of the sport... 

On 2/24/2016 at 9:06 AM, aquaman said:

Shame all this action was not initiated by our own administration long before this latest fiasco. Where was the Welfare Officer before this. Where was the Racing Manager. Where was the CEO. I'll tell you, come in close, closer, zzzzzzzzzzzzzsleep zzzzzz walking.  Safe tracks come in a long last behind more important issues such as gear notifications, dress codes, scratchings, etc. They really are letting the code down when it comes to the really important issues.  I can feel a new position becoming available at GRNZ headquaters, Track preparation officer to join, Racing Manager 1 and two, Welfare Officer, and CEO.

Seriously though, these problems are not new. Otago , Southland and CH CH, all have major problems with rain on the day. Cambridge has huge problems, now Auckland. Why is it taking so long to fix?. The answer you get from GRNZ is employ a new person, then sweep it under the carpet.  

Ours was Hard Frost, But agree with all Above.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/News.aspx?NewsID=1889

You will recall an earlier advisory that  Greyhound Racing New Zealand launched an investigation into the track surface at Auckland after a number of incidents from the meeting on  Sunday 21st February.

The club has reported in detail, and a number of positive steps have been put in place to ensure our tracks are consistently maintained and presented in a safe condition. 

GRNZ facilitated a telephone conference call between the AGRC Board and  Adam Baily. Adam is employed as  Track Maintenance Manager for Greyhound Racing Victoria and overseas all the tracks in their jurisdiction. Adam made a number of recommendations which include;

1- Ensuring the track surface is worked daily irrespective of racing or no
2 -The track should never be allowed to sit and dry out, even for a day
3 -And the final recommendation is that the tracks are to be constantly watered .

A review on automatic watering systems is being carried out to ensure tracks have the right equipment, and how these systems are  used.

Another action is to have Adam Baily come to New Zealand and work with club curators and  give his advice on how our tracks should be prepared and maintained. This work will be carried out once Adams availability can be confirmed.

The New Zealand Sports Turf institute is developing a new tool which will measure the hardness of the sand down to 100mm, and make recommendations on the use of moisture meters . A new penetromter reporting sheet will be put into practice on Monday the 14th March.The RIU will oversee the recording of this information. 

1 hour ago, Sairy said:

they needed some professional to tell them that? What educated people

Yeah it's kind of like calling the head groundsman at Lord's, so he can tell you that stones will come to the surface in your garden if it doesn't rain for two months.