Rangipo

Railway Heats Auckland

71 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Rangipo said:

What was the story with the scratching of Yeboah in the last heat, dumped $100 on Fixed Odds at the TAB?

"YEBOAH (4) was a late scratching at 5.39pm by Stewards at the request of Owner Mr A Potts sighting dissatisfaction with the condition of the track."

 

good or on him as well, after reading the full stipes report its obvious track safety isn't a concern or priority when it comes to the NZGRA... Disgraceful on a big afternoon of racing to dish up something like they did. Embarrassing really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a disgrace the 520 boxe's are. They look like they belong at Tokoroa, or Chertsy, no offence Tok and Chert. But really, not even a lick of paint. All plaudits to Yeboahs connections for a correct and principled decision. Shame other trainers/ owners didn't show support by withdrawing their dogs.

I'm due back on track with 3 new charges in about 3 mths, and i'm putting on notice any sub standard tracks, they will NOT FEEL MY DOGS FEET IF UNSAFE, and i will be the sole adjudicator of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat on the back to the owners stood there ground and had a say for there dog. Fully support them, why was it the owner and not the trainer ? I don't have a clue what went on so really can't say but does this dog get a stand down? It shouldn't but what happens next , apart from what was in the report on the race there was nothing else so really we are all in the dark on this .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, I know said:

Pat on the back to the owners stood there ground and had a say for there dog. Fully support them, why was it the owner and not the trainer ? I don't have a clue what went on so really can't say but does this dog get a stand down? It shouldn't but what happens next , apart from what was in the report on the race there was nothing else so really we are all in the dark on this .

Good to see he didn't get a 28 day stand down, stipes obviously knew the track wasn't safe after all the injuries prior to Yeboah's race. I would like to see the NZ TAB refund all futures bets on the pre post favourite, it's not the punters fault the track was a disgrace. They refunded all bets on a jockey challenge where someone had a 10k bet on Opie, they also refunded bets on Valerie Adams when Ostapchuk tested positive in the Olympics. Do the right thing NZ tab.

 

PS. I didn't have a cent on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

Good to see he didn't get a 28 day stand down, stipes obviously knew the track wasn't safe after all the injuries prior to Yeboah's race. I would like to see the NZ TAB refund all futures bets on the pre post favourite, it's not the punters fault the track was a disgrace. They refunded all bets on a jockey challenge where someone had a 10k bet on Opie, they also refunded bets on Valerie Adams when Ostapchuk tested positive in the Olympics. Do the right thing NZ tab.

 

PS. I didn't have a cent on him.

Are you sure no penalty, where did you find this information?. In anticipation, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Are you sure no penalty, where did you find this information?. In anticipation, thanks.

Well if we are going off the official stipes report he hasn't recieved a stand down, good common sense decision. Connections of the dog and punters both want to see a dog of his quality racing if he's fit and healthy. An absolutely cracking sprinter, if he ever pinged out at Auckland on a decent track I think he can break the track record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The track is a disgrace....i will not lose another dog for the sake of it.....to lose jaylow yesterday has just about made me decide to quit , we have had 11 dogs in the last 3mnths breakdown on Auckland and Cambridge.........After conversation with the racing board this morning there will be a press release coming from them regarding tracks and there condition.....Thanks to Graig Rendle we will finally see major changes in the wind and the racing board is 100 percent behind this......But to late for Jaylow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done for pulling the plug on your dogs today, someone has to make a stand.

My query is regarding the scratching yesterday and no subsequent stand-down for Yeboah, by the stipes allowing this surely this inferred that they realised the track was amiss and maybe the races should not have gone ahead?

I remember reading somewhere else, down south somewhere I think, when there was a trainer who scratched their dog due to a bad track and they got 28days and a fine!

It's hard yakka up north at the moment with 2 dodgy tracks, where else do you go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hound Fan said:

The track is a disgrace....i will not lose another dog for the sake of it.....to lose jaylow yesterday has just about made me decide to quit , we have had 11 dogs in the last 3mnths breakdown on Auckland and Cambridge.........After conversation with the racing board this morning there will be a press release coming from them regarding tracks and there condition.....Thanks to Graig Rendle we will finally see major changes in the wind and the racing board is 100 percent behind this......But to late for Jaylow.

 

Could jaylow not be saved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we could of we would have .... Now i have 11 dogs out for 28days we have no income at all , they were it as my racing team bar Yeboha.......The RIU and Grnz do not understand racing dogs,there pay is in the bank every week , we have injured dogs that we have today asked Grnz to take to Gap as we can no longer afford to feed the number we have as we are 50/50 trainers ......Would i change what i did..NEVER.......at least today i can go into the kennels and see 11 live dogs , and in my opinion with the way the track was yesterday i did not believe it would be right today........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hound Fan, I fully respect the decision you had made to scratch your dogs. By doing so, you have put the dogs welfare first, to the best of your ability, as a trainer.

However, aren't you also a board member for the AGRC?

As a board member, it would put you into a top decision making position for all of the matters pertaining to the running of a Greyhound meet in Manukau, including a safe racing surface, would it not?

I find it quite ironic that you're now seemingly throwing stones at that very same track because of its lack of safety.

If instructions from the board are being actioned by the staff, who or what's to blame for its inadequate safety?

If Instructions from the board are not being actioned by the staff, track preperation training, better equipment or new employees altogether could be required. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoke to an owner who was at the Manukau Track for the Railway Heats and he said all three dogs that got injured yesterday were injured at the same point on the Track maybe that is something worth investigating?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your point Yankiwi is right , it is through lack of management we have this problem .....and i for one am not putting it under the carpet as you will find.....I scratched my dogs in the interest of my owners and my dogs nothing else and have done it at a great cost......I am not throwing stones i am planting them not like you as a keyboard warrior...as i have said things will be changing threw some my actions,i believe in 6mnths all tracks will be controlled from board level......Our tracks in the north are killing fields.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Craig Rendle and some other Board Members will follow through on this, owners and trainers put a lot of time and effort into producing their dogs for the races only to have them injured through poor track design and conditions, some serious thought needs to go into sorting these problems out at Cambridge and Manukau, I have one trainer I know who keeps bitching in my ear how he is reluctant to race his dogs at Manukau over the sprints because of the cock up at the first turn. He said yesterday that you have high speed fit dogs hitting that first turn at speed and if the track conditions aint right you obviously are going to have problems? Hopefully something will be done sooner rather than later?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

If we could of we would have .... Now i have 11 dogs out for 28days we have no income at all , they were it as my racing team bar Yeboha.......The RIU and Grnz do not understand racing dogs,there pay is in the bank every week , we have injured dogs that we have today asked Grnz to take to Gap as we can no longer afford to feed the number we have as we are 50/50 trainers ......Would i change what i did..NEVER.......at least today i can go into the kennels and see 11 live dogs , and in my opinion with the way the track was yesterday i did not believe it would be right today........

how many ov those 50/50 dogs owned by aussies ask them to take them home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hound Fan said:

Your point Yankiwi is right , it is through lack of management we have this problem .....and i for one am not putting it under the carpet as you will find.....I scratched my dogs in the interest of my owners and my dogs nothing else and have done it at a great cost......I am not throwing stones i am planting them not like you as a keyboard warrior...

I admire the fact that you did make a stance against what obviously wasn't right, as my first post alluded to.

You've suggested that change is now underway & I sure hope it is. There's no doubting it is needed.

However keyboard warrior? You have no idea what I have done recently or am currently doing for the sport, even though you may think that you do. Internet forums are not the only place that a keyboard works & you can use the internet and the landline a the same time, unlike the dialup days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look . At the end of the day it was my final decision to scratch Tom yesterday. After speaking to Steve it took me all of 10 seconds to make that decision. I did it purely and totally as a welfare decision for my dog. It could potentially have cost me maybe $8K or so in stake money but that never came into it. I was asked if it was a dog of lesser ability would i have done the same , and yes i would no problem. We have to get these tracks right , this was no act of god it was an act of incompetence. As for the stand down. As per the rule book the RIU has the discretion to give no stand down if it's a valid reason. Because of the action of a few people ( I will never speak to again ) GRNZ now have to question the RIU on the validity of the no stand down. I hope those 3 or 4 people are proud of themselves , and remember Karma can be a bitch !!! Sleep well Jay x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that those people think its their business to get involved with a decision that has nothing to do with them, with a dog they have nothing to do with is disgraceful. Clearly they have very little concern for the dogs that broke down and the trainers that have lost yet more dogs to Injuries. I agree 100% with Steve and my dads decisions on Sunday because at least they got to take that dog home in one piece. Now a trainer has lost all income to his kennels for a month due to shit track conditions and all people can do is bitch and moan because Yeboah didn't get 28 days. Maybe those 3 people should pay more attention to their own dogs and their own lives instead of getting involved in others because the welfare of our dogs is the most important thing surely.

Something nationally needs to be done about these tracks and FAST.

Carolyn & Emma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeboah might as well have gotten 28 days, because i can almost guarantee he won't be going around the northern circuits in the next 4 weeks, because why risk dogs on a track you think is unsafe. Whether they are some of the best c5 dogs, or the battling c1's.

 

We all have our different perspectives on track conditions.

Some will want to race, some do not. Why give someone 28 days for the welfare of their animal.

 

I was not up there, so couldn't comment on track conditions, but when Dunedin was abandoned a few weeks ago, myself and Andy McCook were pulling our dogs out before they called it off.

We were going to get 28 days, but was called off after the next race when the vet stated he thought the track was the cause of an injury.

 

Good on you Steve, Kathy and Tony.

The right decision made in my opinion.

 

-Corey Steele-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mmmyb said:

Yeboah might as well have gotten 28 days, because i can almost guarantee he won't be going around the northern circuits in the next 4 weeks, because why risk dogs on a track you think is unsafe. Whether they are some of the best c5 dogs, or the battling c1's.

 

We all have our different perspectives on track conditions.

Some will want to race, some do not. Why give someone 28 days for the welfare of their animal.

 

I was not up there, so couldn't comment on track conditions, but when Dunedin was abandoned a few weeks ago, myself and Andy McCook were pulling our dogs out before they called it off.

We were going to get 28 days, but was called off after the next race when the vet stated he thought the track was the cause of an injury.

 

Good on you Steve, Kathy and Tony.

The right decision made in my opinion.

 

-Corey Steele-

You would think the numerous overpaid Stipes would have the gumption to call a meeting off without waiting for a test guinea pig to be injured and the Vet becoming involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now