RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Put the DOGS on other channel!!!!!!

Why the hell does the Flippen TAB have the dish lickers on the same channel as the harness?????

Every Sunday the Manukau Flippen dogs are on, and the TAB whizz kids put them on the same channel as the harness.

As soon as the harness race finishes over they go to the dogs and their turnover is about 25 per cent of the harness.

Seriously, do people including GONSTA really enjoy watching dog races????

You would think they could have them on separate channels???

Defies any logic, and I thought when the paying for trackside was meant to improve viewing!!

Gonsta, of course I am biased.

9 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I agree entirely.

Stop televising harness races.... problem solved. :) 

I am biased as well.

Seriously, dogs should be on the other channel or on the same channel as the lottery draw!

This happened last year........ will it happen again on Sunday.

Imagine HFIM crosses in VICTORY ......... only to cross over to Manukau and watch last years Weight Watcher " Fails " leading dogs to the traps ( got this right ).

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2015 at 0:15 PM, ivanthegreat said:

BWD .......... In have raised the post race coverage issue before....

" Super Sunday " at Melton with Stakes of A$1,444,000 again intercepted by Manukau dogs ( 12 races in think ) for the Huge stakes $26K providing interruption to post race interviews. The entire programme was worth less than 27% of the stakes for the first race at Melton. What was the betting t/o and audience demographics ?

Why have these silly clashes when you have 2 channels.

My opinion only but some priorities need to be established to prevent this happening regularly.I would have thought that one of the prerequisites for extended coverage of a meeting OR race should be stakemoney (as in my example above).Some licence could/should be applied to events of more interest to NZ rather than the whole of Australasia as clearly the Wagawako Dog Cup for Australia is more important than the Darci Brama Cup for NZ.

In this day of watch one while reecording another,pause and play delay live etc anything should be possible with the appropriate warning on the screen to prevent the punters bashing the country bookies where there is no longer a TAB or machine.

11 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

This happened last year........ will it happen again on Sunday.

Imagine HFIM crosses in VICTORY ......... only to cross over to Manukau and watch last years Weight Watcher " Fails " leading dogs to the traps ( got this right ).

Weight watchers failures lol.

They obviously only use walking machines for the dogs nowadays.

Seriously though, do we need to hear minutes of Peter Early waffling about 4 or 5 dogs that he likes, and then they all get bowled.

Pointless showing walking and then being put in boxes at th expense of replay of last 400 m of harness.

Put the dogs on the other channel with Beaudesert gallops!

Not rocket science!

1 minute ago, lonestar said:

yep happens every year..as soon as the finish happens they have to switch over straight away in the leadup to some greyhound 500 metre dash for the leadup and the picture is a dog taking a dump!!!! go figure

After the dog race they normally show the dogs coming back and then put on pedestal.

Why don't they show more of the harness coming back into the birdcage and winning owners all happy.

Winning owners of dogs never there, obviously don't care!

If the harness code was able to get their races off within 30 seconds or so of the scheduled time, the race would end within a few seconds of the estimated finishing time.

Then you'd have the two to three minutes built in to the scheduled for the replays, so you can closely see in a slow motion replay how your money had more than likely been somehow cheated out of you.

If you start your race 3 to 4 minutes after the time it was supposed to go, you're going to lose that same amount of time on the other end.

Like previously mentioned earlier in the thread... It's not rocket science.

Ivan,,  Will you ever make Trotting   "Great Again"?   I doubt it,:)  as like all of our codes we are on a slippery slope. I understand  your sheer frustration believe me, and I also believe that the programmer (or Lack of one ) at Trackside,  or rather ,their Superiors need fuckin shooting... It's a circus !!!!Don't  take a swipe  at the dogs Ivan, as it is out of our control, we do have to put up with some pretty tough times from your code too,   waiting for the 3rd false start or some other bullshit hold up,  you continue to break into the dogs right ful time on air  with!.... Just the other day at some country meeting down south When a sulky was bent in half dogs had to wait in  extreme hot conditions for around 4 minutes  when the  total race time was only .18 secs  for  Christ sake. So if you are going to have a swipe,  how about leaving the dogs out of the equation? Before too long the 3 codes are going to need each other more than ever . It's Guy,  Hughes   and their 3 self appointed mates on the racing board that need a bloody rark up!!!!  that's if, we, as codes, have genuine reps from our individual codes!!??...   Some one at this level is rotten to the core, they have to be!!?  There are too many good people throughout our related industry to be shagged around, and in my opinion we shouldn't, and eventually wont put up with, all the bullshit..I just hope we havn't left it too late .  

5 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

If the harness code was able to get their races off within 30 seconds or so of the scheduled time, the race would end within a few seconds of the estimated finishing time.

Then you'd have the two to three minutes built in to the scheduled for the replays, so you can closely see in a slow motion replay how your money had more than likely been somehow cheated out of you.

If you start your race 3 to 4 minutes after the time it was supposed to go, you're going to lose that same amount of time on the other end.

Like previously mentioned earlier in the thread... It's not rocket science.

Yank.

You miss the point.

With two channels the N Z racing should take priority over overseas gallops and Flippen dogs.

There are more things with harness that can hold up a race abit.

If you didn't run your 30 second races every few minutes on the same channel as harness things would be fine.

It wouldn't be hard to arrange the races better than they are doing at the mo.

Sunday night full of Asian races and who the hell knows anything about Asian gallopers?

20 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Yank.

You miss the point.

With two channels the N Z racing should take priority over overseas gallops and Flippen dogs.

Remember when the NZRB ditched the "Freeview"? They were singing their own praises that they'd now have one channel for domestic racing & one channel for overseas racing.

Today from 2 - 4PM on trackside 1 we had Methven, Manukau, & Ballarat

Trackside 2 offered  Gisborne, Winton, Ipswich, Port Lincoln

So, at least today, they were not even close to achieving what they said they would.

So... let's bash the Greyhound code.

I fully agree with Black Dog above. We in NZ can continue to bicker all we want between or three codes. However, there will be a point when we'll have nothing left to bicker about, other than some brand new cooking show being broadcast on the Trackside domestic channel.

Naaa, let's just blame the dogs. They let them shit while they are still on camera.

Roses should all smell the same, no matter which "code" is your passion is for, shouldn't they?

Bloody dogs.

hey Thieves on wheels , I think you are missing the point mate.

Each race is given a time slot and a race build up allowance .

If you can't run your code within the aloud time, then take look at yourselves and ask yourself the question why ?

Sort your own sh@t out before throwing stones at someone else for your inactivity.

It won't take to much longer before the harness code is at the bottom of the barrel just like it is over the ditch ,

Go   The   Doggies

14 minutes ago, Craig Symes said:

If you can't run your code within the aloud time, then take look at yourselves and ask yourself the question why ?

Sort your own sh@t out before throwing stones at someone else for your inactivity.

It won't take to much longer before the harness code is at the bottom of the barrel just like it is over the ditch ,

Go   The   Doggies

With all due respect,you are not comparing apples with apples. Regardless of it being a mobile or a stand,there are many things that can go wrong prior to the start of a harness race and delay the start. That will occur regardless of how smooth the machine is ticking over.

The doggies just get walked over to the boxes on a lead. Put in the boxes and away they go. Hardly a fair comparison. 

Dog races have all sorts of things go wrong. Boxes failing to open. Lures breaking down. Dogs not chasing. Dogs trying to bite other dogs just as they are about to win the race. Then you have all the scandals. Live baiting etc etc. Trainers being convicted of molesting young girls. I support all three codes and feel they all deserve their place but it's more than a bit rich for a dog man to say harness racing needs to sort out it's own shit.

I can understand both lots of frustration. A big harness race crosses the line and the TV quickly crosses over to a greyhound race. What an enormous anti climax especially if there has been a big build up to the race over several weeks. A harness race is running late and eats into greyhound lead in time. The problem is not the other code. It's the wall to wall quantity over quality format chasing every dollar of the compulsive gambler that is the problem. 

I feel each code having it's own racing channel has merit.  

NZRacing sold the programming to Sky for $3 mill a year . Sky then contracted it all out to Aussie Racing Sky and we have nil say - actually Aussie like making it hard for us !

We have no show of getting the correct time slots in the right channels etc . 

Also that is why no free to air as sole rights Sky - shocking business decision made by NZRB .

33 minutes ago, Craig Symes said:

Go   The   Doggies

Craig.

I am not anti dog racing, as there are plenty of followers of the DISH LICKERS obviously.

I just beleive that chopping from a decent harness race as soon as it is finished to a dog race is a programming fault.

I appreciate that dog racing runs their racing more frequently than harness or gallops, which is good for you.

However, there is so much that Trackside can do much better including the programming.

We were promised a better service when Freeview was dispensed with, but certainly hasn't I beleive.

I beleive with the amount of turnover on harness it deserves a better service than was given today.

If they want to run overseas gallops and greyhounds during the day thru Sky Australia, then chuck them on another channel.

12 minutes ago, turny said:

Create channel 64 for the dogs - they deserve their own channel - cheats on seats and the self destruction of galloping should not stop the progress of the doggies

Why do you call harness "Cheats on seats"

Form is a damned sight easier to follow than dogs or gallops!

Yeah, channel 64 for dogs would be great as there are so many races.

Just wondering how the dog clubs can pay such good stake money for so many races when the average turnover is not that flash?

What a detrimental argument to be having. Every code has its place.

I imagine the TAB makes decisions based on economics first, daylight second and viewer preference somewhere near........last.

Valid points made by both sides about running into each other's viewing time but they don't provide the answer. If I were a Greyhound person I would get sick to death of the delays to harness racing starts. 

Until the TAB makes NZ racing a priority and programme accordingly then I can't see how anything will change. Get rid of those random Australian harness, dog and galloping meetings that no sane person would know the form of for a start would help! Even this won't happen as there is obviously a big market for the 'stab in the dark' punter. I feel queasy watching those meetings as I can't understand why anyone would bet on them.

Imagine NZ meetings beautifully sequenced with equal time devoted to each with full analysis and quick wrap up..............my god, I might even end up punting on the doggies and help increase turnover......

6 minutes ago, turny said:

Brodie, you call dogs Dishlickers - for me harness are Cheats on Seats - clearly you and I have views - enjoy your sport 

Don't really call them dish lickers.

Someone else on here called them that so I suppose I breached copyright

6 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Get rid of those random Australian harness, dog and galloping meetings that no sane person would know the form of for a start would help!

That's exactly where the TAB seem to spending the punters money from Scarryover pools, which I believe should terminate on the last race of each individual race meet, be it horse, horse or dog.

A $2000 Scarryover first four pool in the last race from a NZ dog meet, should not be being used to guarantee a 6 horse field, first four pool, in somewhere like Alice Springs, period.

The current TAB programming has 'burnout' written all over it for me. The McDonald's style approach of race overload to entice punters to part with their money in the shortest space of time will, I hope, eventually fall over. 

It alienates the vested punter but are we in the minority these days? Do we come third to the high rolling money maker and machine gun bettor down at the pub on a Friday?

Maybe the concern shown on here about the presentation of each code is the last thing the TAB cares about....unlike Leakage which is important to them as it is a loss of, you guessed it, money.

Maybe the posters on here looking for a better TV experience are just pissing into the wind,

Sorry, stirred up a hornets nest with the greyhound lovers!

Admit that love harness, dog and gallops don't do a lot for me nowadays and certainly can't follow form with them.

Hopefully TAB execs read these posts and do something about it.

I am sure that harness lovers would like a better service than what is happening at the moment, and dog lovers would do as well.

Anyway nothing wrong with a healthy mass debate!!!!!