RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Gisborne today

6 hours ago, rdytdy said:

If it was an industry day then there would be no on course turnover percentage. 

Some days such as Kumara is classified as an "Event Day" which the club will received 8.5%. 

What was Gisborne's meeting actually classified as.

It was an Event day. Wairoa on Sunday is also an Event.

6 hours ago, Louise said:

Puha excuse my ignorance but when you say NZTR does not support the club do you mean they provide the stakes or nothing at all - I was just asking could these small country clubs Gissy, Wairoa etc be allowed on course bookies or is this banned? Just make it more of a country picnic races set it apart from the regular racing fare as Gissy has always been well supported by outside trainers etc...and would provide a bit of competition from the people that do show up.

In short I'd have thought they'd need permission to have bookies on course and even then they'd just be from the TAB .

On 21/02/2016 at 10:20 AM, bloke said:

I heard last week that Castles played a key role in putting the day at Gisborne together. If this is so, as a scathing critic of Castles over many years I say well done. We have heard a lot less from him in recent months so perhaps he is keeping his head down and staying away from pontificating and shooting himself in the foot.

I have never understood why so many people bag Butch. His knowledge of racing stands up against the best. Maybe now he is away from Ellerslie (that place so many of you dislike). you can look at him in a better light without your Ellerslie dark glasses.

Castles was a Weaver puppet. He was a cheer leader for  The Auckland Cup being run on a Wednesday when it was obvious it was a failure. He was also a party to running Derby Day on the same day as The NZ v Aussie World Cup Cricket game and of course it was a disaster with a poor crowd and turnover on and off course minimal for such a big day.Then he appears on Weigh In saying it was a successful day.

He then moves to the Hawkes Bay and a Group One Day is called off. He states that he is accountable as the CEO and then  proceeds to blame others such as the RIU for calling the day off.

1 hour ago, bloke said:

Castles was a Weaver puppet. He was a cheer leader for  The Auckland Cup being run on a Wednesday when it was obvious it was a failure. He was also a party to running Derby Day on the same day as The NZ v Aussie World Cup Cricket game and of course it was a disaster with a poor crowd and turnover on and off course minimal for such a big day.Then he appears on Weigh In saying it was a successful day.

He then moves to the Hawkes Bay and a Group One Day is called off. He states that he is accountable as the CEO and then  proceeds to blame others such as the RIU for calling the day off.

When you say a Weaver puppet - what was the actual employment relationship? Or to put it another way was Weaver the boss so Butch Castles needed to toe the line?

Just wondering - I can't remember properly.

1 hour ago, chelseacol said:

When you say a Weaver puppet - what was the actual employment relationship? Or to put it another way was Weaver the boss so Butch Castles needed to toe the line?

Just wondering - I can't remember properly.

Weaver was CEO and Castles Racing Manager or something similar.

The focus there was always on F&B and attracting the "beautiful people" ( plebs discouraged )  - if you've seen Dr Libby you will get the drift....as for racing, some of the decisions were shockers as Bloke mentioned..

image.jpeg

I hope that Castles can do well at Hawkes Bay Puha as the Club deserves it. However, Castles got off to a poor start with his comments when the Group One day was callled off. At least Rutherford took the blame for Waikato the other week.

Castles may have been the employee of The ARC  but surely as Racing Manager he would have significant input into decisions.After Derby Day was a failure you would not expect him to be declarng the day a success on Weigh In. He liked to knock other clubs on Weigh In whilst his was non performing.

He rubbished Otaki for having a 4 horse race saying that the race should have been called off. The next week his club had a 5 horse race for a $40k stake. Of course he was silent on that.