RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ascot

Te Akau

How do there syndicates work.Do they make money on what the pay for purchase of horse and the amount they charge per share to prospective owners,  or not.What happens at the end of racing career if the horse is a valuable broodmare or stallion does the syndicate still own it or is it just for the racing career, sum one out there may know.

15 hours ago, Shad said:

How do there syndicates work.Do they make money on what the pay for purchase of horse and the amount they charge per share to prospective owners,  or not.What happens at the end of racing career if the horse is a valuable broodmare or stallion does the syndicate still own it or is it just for the racing career, sum one out there may know.

They charge you you share of the sale ring price (plus GST of course). Then there are the extra things they invoice for - vet inspections,  Karaka Million entry, 'sale expenses'(not sure what that entails- maybe flying Mark Walker home for  Singapore) and insurance.  That stuff adds up but other than the 'sale expenses' is self explanatory.

You then pay your share of the grazing costs, breaking in and training (as you would expect). You sign over mangement rights to the horse for its career to Te Akau so strictly you have no control but they do not mind you asking questions and are (on the face of it anyway) always pleased to hear from you. If there is a major decision like sending a horse to Singapore or an offer comes in you are consulted but ultimately it is Te Akau's call.

Te Akau is not a cheap place to have a horse but I had no complaints and if I did they were dealt with swiftly. I didn't have a lot to do with David (having a small share in a comparatively cheap horse) but the few times I contacted the Office Karyn was great to deal with. So was Jason Bridgman though I only ever phoned or emailed.

If you are new to the game and feeling your way (which I wasn't I might add) they would be a great way of getting into it. It is an expensive business however (and that is not unique to TeAkau)

I'm in an Auckland Trotting Club syndicate. That's with 50 shareholders but in 3 horses. Just got into a Te Akau one, 10% in a filly. These are ownership shares not just racing shares so theoretically anway gives you a bit more interest in the long term. Both deals fairly similar.

12 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

They charge you you share of the sale ring price (plus GST of course). Then there are the extra things they invoice for - vet inspections,  Karaka Million entry, 'sale expenses'(not sure what that entails- maybe flying Mark Walker home for  Singapore) and insurance.  That stuff adds up but other than the 'sale expenses' is self explanatory.

You then pay your share of the grazing costs, breaking in and training (as you would expect). You sign over mangement rights to the horse for its career to Te Akau so strictly you have no control but they do not mind you asking questions and are (on the face of it anyway) always pleased to hear from you. If there is a major decision like sending a horse to Singapore or an offer comes in you are consulted but ultimately it is Te Akau's call.

Te Akau is not a cheap place to have a horse but I had no complaints and if I did they were dealt with swiftly. I didn't have a lot to do with David (having a small share in a comparatively cheap horse) but the few times I contacted the Office Karyn was great to deal with. So was Jason Bridgman though I only ever phoned or emailed.

If you are new to the game and feeling your way (which I wasn't I might add) they would be a great way of getting into it. It is an expensive business however (and that is not unique to TeAkau)

Thaks for that tom and others.