RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Hasselhoof today ??

18 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

The Bakers have got Oz sussed.  Nice enough run from Hasselhoof but he is a long way from winning in Sydney.

And the Te Akau team reckon they have another Kingston Town?

Sadly our local form does no longer ttanslate to good Oz form.

Mate you are a  depressant, you talk a load of crap most of the time.

He went down by a couple of lengths ffs.

He WAS NOT outclassed & is certainly capable enough to win at metro level in Aus.

Try smiling and not being a constant depressant, see the positive in things.

Guest 2Admin2
4 minutes ago, barryb said:

Mate you are a  depressant, you talk a load of crap most of the time.

He went down by a couple of lengths ffs.

He WAS NOT outclassed & is certainly capable enough to win at metro level in Aus.

Try smiling and not being a constant depressant, see the positive in things.

What's the positive?  Get some perspective this isn't a Sydney premier meeting he was racing at.  If he was as good as was hyped he would have brained them.  Smell the roses the quality of our domestic races is in free fall.  EXPLAIN WHY?

I said it was a nice enough run.  If he needs more distance he ain't in Mongolian Khan's class.

hyped... that's the important word isn't it.  Who caused all the hype?    Plus there is a positive.   He finished third and not a distant third, a third in a good time in a decent field, better than he'd strike in NZ and for more money so good on him.  He had wins in a row here, more than what most can do, and now he's run third in Aussie in a decent race.  What he does now, who knows, but he's still going for it and why shouldn't he? and why shouldn't his owners and trainers, if you have a horse that shows above average ability.  Perhaps it is people and their expectations that need adjusting... but often people do place expectations high on purpose so that they have a reason to be negative and have a moan.

Guest 2Admin2

Look I'm wish Hasselhoof and his connections all the best but in times gone by we had a dozen of his type running week in week out in NZ.  The current management and policies are killing that.  Mumbai curry's are not helping.

23 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:
18 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

What's the positive?  Get some perspective this isn't a Sydney premier meeting he was racing at.  If he was as good as was hyped he would have brained them.  Smell the roses the quality of our domestic races is in free fall.  EXPLAIN WHY?

I said it was a nice enough run.  If he needs more distance he ain't in Mongolian Khan's class.

I agree I wouldn't mind a share.  However he won't pay his way in NZ as he is a gelding.

Secondly it doesn't look like he will be metrop winning standard in Oz.  However he will pay his way.

Thirdly in the past we would have had full open class fields of Hasselhoof 's.  The policies don't allow that anymore.

Hasselhoof reminds me of a not quite Sangster.

If you are over racing in NZ, bugga off and stop posting about it.

Wankers like you are best doing something else, the industry needs positive people, not fwits who post on 2 sites constant rubbish.

You give me the shits with your constant depressive crap.

•  
  •  
2 said:

Look I'm wish Hasselhoof and his connections all the best but in times gone by we had a dozen of his type running week in week out in NZ.  The current management and policies are killing that.  Mumbai curry's are not helping.

haha agree, there is a lot of work to be done in NZ racing..  but for now we don't have many with his credentials and perhaps he'll find his place over there and surprise some :) that'd be cool.

Guest 2Admin2
Just now, barryb said:

If you are over racing in NZ, bugga off and stop posting about it.

Wankers like you are best doing something else, the industry needs positive people, not fwits who post on 2 sites constant rubbish.

You give me the shits with your constant depressive crap.

Give me some real positives Barryb.  

Your forum as well as mine.

Guest 2Admin2
5 minutes ago, barryb said:

Lifes not all bad, if it is find something else to do.

Why dont you grow marigolds or something to cheer your self up.

Actually opium poppies will get you positive.

Barry post your list of NZ racing positives?

I'll give you one to start with - Aoran Bidlake.

Donna said; that he needed to do a bit of travelling to grow up!

It would have been a lot less expensive to have traveled down to the Thorndon at Trentham for a bit of experience.

Oh no, if he had gotten beaten there [which he would have] the bubble would have really burst, instead it has only gone a little bit flat!

2 minutes ago, Insider said:

Oh no, if he had gotten beaten there [which he would have] the bubble would have really burst, instead it has only gone a little bit flat!

Bit like a flat tyre that's only gone flat at the bottom?

He's a lovely horse and most of us I'm sure, would love to own him.

This and previous threads were more about the hype that was OTT though, not whether or not he was a handy horse. He clearly is that, but equally clearly is no champ.

I'm over NZ racing for the most part. Not sure I'll stop posting about it though Barry. Never say never, but having raced horses here and elsewhere since the 70s, I'll probably not race another in NZ. That said, a little bit of me still hangs in there in the hope that the industry will somehow see the light, make the necessary changes, and go forward. Like 2Admin2 it's hard for me to see the handful of positives, refreshing as they are when they pop up, among the disasters.

56 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

I agree I wouldn't mind a share.  However he won't pay his way in NZ as he is a gelding.

Secondly it doesn't look like he will be metrop winning standard in Oz.  However he will pay his way.

Thirdly in the past we would have had full open class fields of Hasselhoof 's.  The policies don't allow that anymore.

Hasselhoof reminds me of a not quite Sangster.

I guess time will tell wether he makes in aus but as you said the opposition is just that class above our nz racing. But good luck to them as he wont be the last one that goes over with a reputation. I wish them luck.

38 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Leggy, I have no problems with people moaning about NZ racing, I think myself there are a number of issues that need resolving and quickly.

But the constant bleating about it that goes on here and the other site is tiresome to say the least.

Dairy Farming is completely f--ked in NZ from an all time high only 2 years ago. Mining in Australia is absolutely toast form being a gold ticket item only a short time ago. Things can turn very quickly with a change in circumstance, management or direction. I live in hope that racing in this country will awaken to that myself.

8 minutes ago, Trump said:

BarryB, you need to keep the "emotion" out of your posts. Calling people wankers, fuckwits and all sorts of names only devalue your posts. Opinions are varied. It doesn't mean that yours are right! 

Yeah you are right Trump, I really cant be bothered reading this forum anymore. I have so much better things to do with my time that read constant bagging of NZ Racing, horses, jockeys etc.

I find it amazing that if it is so upsetting for people that they just don't go and do something else. Imagine what those people would be like to live with, they would depress a dead person.

8 minutes ago, Insider said:

Barry, this channel isn't that bad. Try reading the other one. 

Yep agree, that site is terrible, 4-5 people constantly bickering with each other.

But seriously this site is held up as a leader in the industry, now just imagine what a new person to here would think reading some of the stuff posted. they wouldn't part with a $1 if they took some of the stuff as gospel.

What other industry uses one of its leading communication tools to self-implode?.

25 minutes ago, Insider said:

Barry, this channel isn't that bad. Try reading the other one. 

If you are talking about Harness Cafe then I can see why you like gallops.

Harness Cafe in general is far more interesting than this site, in my very humble opinion!!!

Controversial but not boring!!

31 minutes ago, Brodie said:

If you are talking about Harness Cafe then I can see why you like gallops.

Harness Cafe in general is far more interesting than this site, in my very humble opinion!!!

Controversial but not boring!!

No, I think I can safely say that no-one is talking about Harness Cafe :)   

Guest 2Admin2
10 hours ago, barryb said:

Yep agree, that site is terrible, 4-5 people constantly bickering with each other.

But seriously this site is held up as a leader in the industry, now just imagine what a new person to here would think reading some of the stuff posted. they wouldn't part with a $1 if they took some of the stuff as gospel.

What other industry uses one of its leading communication tools to self-implode?.

Would you rather see sugar coated syrupy spin on this forum like we see and hear on Trackside day in day out?

Or the Fasthorse "racings on a roll" rubbish?

What's positive about the exodus of droves of good people from the industry due mostly to incompetent industry management and poor policies?

Rome burns and you suggest we go take a few uppers and grin silly while we fiddle?