RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Lance O'Sullivan

1 minute ago, biff said:

I don't think David is sanctimonious, we were neighbours for 6 years, the place ran like clockwork.......no scandal in there.

Actually he is because some ( note some, not all ) those charged with cobalt related offences have been nothing more than collateral damage, all they're guilty of is good animal husbandry in that they provided pre and post race water soluble vitamins to their horses but in 'some' instances the pre race injectables might have missed their deadline for administration and thrown up a positive.

There's no crime there so Hayes should desist from pointing his finger, climb down off that high horse, go learn about cobalt, and focus on trying to be a better trainer so he can restore himself to what he clearly sees as his rightful position, that being back in the headlines, for the right reasons.

6 minutes ago, hesi said:

?????

That article is dated June 2 2005

I think it's fair to say Hesi David's been pissed about all the goings on since he relocated back home and his stable was under fire for failing to achieve. He was behind the 8 ball, in HK you cheat you go to gaol, here and Oz you get the strap.

1 minute ago, Midget said:

Actually he is because some ( note some, not all ) those charged with cobalt related offences have been nothing more than collateral damage, all they're guilty of is good animal husbandry in that they provided pre and post race water soluble vitamins to their horses but in 'some' instances the pre race injectables might have missed their deadline for administration and thrown up a positive.

There's no crime there so Hayes should desist from pointing his finger, climb down off that high horse, go learn about cobalt, and focus on trying to be a better trainer so he can restore himself to what he clearly sees as his rightful position, that being back in the headlines, for the right reasons.

Piffle Midget, David was referring to EPO and milk shaking in that article, the cobalt is a newbie, albeit same shit different bucket. It was David that blew the whistle when some fool sent the right parcel to the wrong address remember.

Guest 2Admin2
1 minute ago, Ashoka said:

Midget...

You are entirely incorrect but I strongly suspect that you are fully aware that you are posting nonsense. As a participant in the racing industry, I am both legally and morally entitled to be kept fully informed by those in authority who are paid to keep people such as me fully informed as to what is actually going in relation to the racing industry. The integrity of the racing industry is, and will prove to be, a major factor in the success or complete failure of our racing industry to thrive, perhaps to the point of extinction. It is the ignorant, arrogant and manifestly incorrect public postings such as yours that constitute a clear and present danger to the actual survival of that which we all profess to love.

All the best.

Ashoka

Wooh hang on there Ashoka.  Pull up the horse.  Explain what post is "ignorant, arrogant and manifestly incorrect."  

2Admin2...

Midget has said that the authorities have no obligation to keep me informed as to what has, and is, happening in the racing industry. Further, he has implied that only those who are deemed to be experts in a field need to be given information in relation to that field. I have pointed out that his contention in relation to my first sentence is manifestly incorrect. His inference in regard to the content of my second sentence is arrogant and, again, manifestly incorrect, in my opinion.

If you want to read about how important integrity is in the management of the racing industry, you can look up and read the statements made by Mr Stiassny, in his then capacity of NZRB Board Chairman, after the Pub Charity trial and subsequent tribulations. He made quite an issue of this matter.

All the best.

Ashoka

Guest 2Admin2
16 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

2Admin2...

Midget has said that the authorities have no obligation to keep me informed as to what has, and is, happening in the racing industry. Further, he has implied that only those who are deemed to be experts in a field need to be given information in relation to that field. I have pointed out that his contention in relation to my first sentence is manifestly incorrect. His inference in regard to the content of my second sentence is arrogant and, again, manifestly incorrect, in my opinion.

If you want to read about how important integrity is in the management of the racing industry, you can look up and read the statements made by Mr Stiassny, in his then capacity of NZRB Board Chairman, after the Pub Charity trial and subsequent tribulations. He made quite an issue of this matter.

All the best.

Ashoka

Fair enough you both have a point of view.  Midget is correct though in that there is apparently no obligation on the RIU to publish the results of the science that was undertaken particularly if it was independent.  Indeed that information may be "owned" by another party.

However I would expect the RIU to inform the industry of what type of circumstances can lead to cobalt positives.  I agree it is a moving target at the moment but if they are aware of something to avoid shouldn't they be informing the industry?

36 minutes ago, biff said:

Piffle Midget, David was referring to EPO and milk shaking in that article, the cobalt is a newbie, albeit same shit different bucket. It was David that blew the whistle when some fool sent the right parcel to the wrong address remember.

I didn't other to read the article and it's irrelevant because the implication was that his sentiments applied to the cobalt situation.

As for not cheating in Hong Kong......stop it......they're just terrified of getting caught because it's terminal but they still try, and I can name the drug of choice, but I won't.

Ashoka don't you think your continued use of the word 'integrity' might be a bit rich ?

If, as you claim, you have a right to know everything in the interests of integrity why don't you just open that cupboard door of yours and we'll inspect your skeleton collection, or would you prefer I do it for you ? 

To give people an fair Idea of how much water on a hot day .  I have three horses in a paddock and I ship in water every day.

On a very hot day they can drink around 160.00 litres at the peak of the summer period ...divide that by three comes to 53.33 litres each per day. So a race horse in full training would most probably drink around 60.00 litres per day.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

I didn't other to read the article and it's irrelevant because the implication was that his sentiments applied to the cobalt situation.

As for not cheating in Hong Kong......stop it......they're just terrified of getting caught because it's terminal but they still try, and I can name the drug of choice, but I won't.

Shit I hope John Size reads this as he'll probably learn something, and it's hard to teach a genius.

1 hour ago, rosie one said:

To give people an fair Idea of how much water on a hot day .  I have three horses in a paddock and I ship in water every day.

On a very hot day they can drink around 160.00 litres at the peak of the summer period ...divide that by three comes to 53.33 litres each per day. So a race horse in full training would most probably drink around 60.00 litres per day.

That's a fair comment Rosie, in fact I would never send one of mine to a trainer who has no idea how much water a horse is drinking each day......what do they do at the track each morn? a skin pinch test to look for dehydration, yeah right......what a joke.

Guest 2Admin2
7 minutes ago, biff said:

That's a fair comment Rosie, in fact I would never send one of mine to a trainer who has no idea how much water a horse is drinking each day......what do they do at the track each morn? a skin pinch test to look for dehydration, yeah right......what a joke.

How many litres of spit does a horse make each day Biff?