RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Lance O'Sullivan

Guest 2Admin2
3 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Nothing published that I've seen. Not even close. I don't preclude the possibility but please point us to it.

Where is the evidence to show that you can "only get 600 from an injection"?

2 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

I didn't say there was any, just that I'd seen none to say you could achieve levels anywhere near 600 from oral intake which you say there is. Where is that?

Everywhere based on what I have read from Australia.

I don't doubt that 700 times normal levels on race morning might achieve that, but it's pretty much hearsay at this stage which I don't equate with quality evidence if that's all you have. I look forward to seeing a published peer reviewed study that meets reasonable scientific standards. The report I read of the Walkinshaw case only said the study concerned suggested that dose rate could cause levels that exceed the threshold, not that it could achieve levels of 5-600 let alone1400.

As part of the investigation, Not Bad spent 14 days at an Invercargill veterinary clinic and given the Blood Booster in feed. Five swabs were taken and all were high

13 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Walkinshaw the harness trainer got 1400 from a feed supplement.

There's absolutely no evidence linking those levels with that feed supplement even though it may have had 700x the label amount of cobalt.

Guest 2Admin2
Just now, Leggy said:

There's absolutely no evidence linking those levels with that feed supplement even though it may have had 700x the label amount of cobalt.

There is no evidence that the ONLY way to get 600 is from an injection.  Nor is there any evidence to confirm that is the method by which the Wexford horses got their high readings.

There is no evidence that the ONLY way to get 600 is from an injection.  Nor is there any evidence to confirm that is the method by which the Wexford horses got their high readings.

I agree and there is no evidence that any other method of achieving those levels is possible.

Credit to Lance O'Sullivan and Andrew Scott for pleading guilty to the charges of presenting three horses to race with a prohibited substance at the JCA hearing at Ellerslie this afternoon. The RIU has recommended a fine of $20,000 per horse and no disqualification term for Wexford Stables. The JCA Tribunal has retired to consider a penalty.

This case is extremely important in the history of N.Z. Racing. The penalties meted out will be a benchmark and precedent for future cases of horses presented to race with illegal substances in their system above the prescribed threshold levels.

hesi I totally agree that racing should be no different than any other aspect of N.Z. Law. There has never been a level playing field for licence holders and it is highly unlikely that there ever will be. In this case the JCA has a chance to draw a line in the sand. I will reserve any further comment until the penalties are announced.

Here's the penalty range. The JCA will set or perhaps maintain any precedent.

(7) A person who commits a breach of sub-Rule (2) or (3) or (4) or (5) or (6) of this Rule shall be liable to:
(a) be disqualified for a period not exceeding five years; and/or
(b) be suspended from holding or obtaining a Licence for a period not exceeding 12 months. If a Licence is renewed during a term of suspension, then the suspension shall continue to apply to the renewed Licence; and/or
(c) a fine not exceeding $25,000.

A bit tricky when one of the partnership has "form". But then again the old adage about "laying down with dogs--etc, etc" should have alerted a savy trainer to potential danger. A fine would be a cop-out, especially with the stable resources compared to a battler.

On 2/18/2016 at 5:24 AM, Midget said:

Inducted into the NZ Sporting Hall Of Fame at the Halbergs last night.

Pete Rose, one of the best hitters in the history of major league baseball, has not been inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame because he bet on baseball games that he played in. I guess we can't afford to be as choosy.

My guess is that the "fines" for Moody and Wexford should or will be about the same. 

Both it seems were brought about by "accident" as compared to Daren Smith, Mark Cavanagh, his son and Danny O'Brien. 

I am not sure or convinced about what happened in the Hope case!

I wonder if our jurisdiction is talking to those over the ditch regarding penalties given the similarity; that being cobalt was not purposely administered so it seems. 

Just toking the reefer and shooting the breeze........ain't life grand here in Neverland......Petone at the end of my garden,  wouldn't be dead for quids, lifes a movie,  Abbott and Costello, Laurie and Hardy, Marx Bros, Dumb and Dumber, and of course Ground Hog Day........ahh, where's the bong.......

12 minutes ago, Insider said:

Both it seems were brought about by "accident" 

Extrapolating that scenario the 3 horses were running with the cattle before being loaded on the transporter? A 600+ reading post-race many hours later with the cobalt 1/2 life break-down rate. I know I am stupid to be racing horses but NOT THAT BLOODY STUPID!