RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
biff

Purcell's spiel FFS

Peter Earley's chuckle at the end of his interview with our mighty leader summed it up......what a load of bollocks, didn't know if horses had galloped on the track at Te Rapa early morn......would that not be the first question you would ask?.......pass the buck, blame shift, did you lot hear that? ''not us at the NZTR, it was the RIU!''....FFS!........show some leadership. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.......and the chiefs? well, not in my book......what about yours?

Yeh Early said " more swerves than a racing car"  after talking to Purcell. He comes  across as a complete boof head and what a waffler

Why do we hire these incompetent Ausies. The only decent thing to come out of Aussie in the last 20 years is "The Castle"

Edited by bloke
grammar

Guest 2Admin2
12 minutes ago, bloke said:

Yeh Early said " more swerves than a racing car"  after talking to Purcell. He comes  across as a complete boof head and what a waffler

Why do we hire these incompetent Ausies. The only decent thing to come out of Aussie in the 20 years is "The Castle"

I thought "Purcella of the Desert" was quite good.

I don't think there will be any wailing or gnashing of teeth when Greg Purcell eventually returns to Australia with a padded C.V. As for Mike Godber of the RIU I will be charitable to him and suggest that he cut his losses and return to the Metro Harness Club where his career trajectory obviously peaked.

3 minutes ago, gubellini said:

I don't think there will be any wailing or gnashing of teeth when Greg Purcell eventually returns to Australia with a padded C.V. As for Mike Godber of the RIU I will be charitable to him and suggest that he cut his losses and return to the Metro Harness Club where his career trajectory obviously peaked.

Not wrong Gub. The Met appear to have gone ahead since his departure...still miles behind the ATC of course.....;)

I didn't hear GP. But I did hear John Allen , he sounded fairly sharp and at least had a bit of substance to what he was saying.

PE asked him about paying a starting fee for horses to get fields sizes up, he said the code bodies are looking at it. FFS just bring back Free Racing and balance out the  stakes in a more coordinated fashion - I mean why is a Spec Conditions Mdn racing for $50k on Saturday? I understand the race will probably be one of the better betting races but would that field be any different if it were for $30k and the other $20k was spread out on some industry days to support the base of the industry? This top down/aspirational approach is just never going to work imo.  

Guest 2Admin2

Wasn't Allen in charge when MFAT or whatever department he was in charge of stuffed up with that Malaysian dude?

1 hour ago, Huey said:

I didn't hear GP. But I did hear John Allen , he sounded fairly sharp and at least had a bit of substance to what he was saying.

PE asked him about paying a starting fee for horses to get fields sizes up, he said the code bodies are looking at it. FFS just bring back Free Racing and balance out the  stakes in a more coordinated fashion - I mean why is a Spec Conditions Mdn racing for $50k on Saturday? I understand the race will probably be one of the better betting races but would that field be any different if it were for $30k and the other $20k was spread out on some industry days to support the base of the industry? This top down/aspirational approach is just never going to work imo.  

Hey Huey, you can tell he has no racing background though, and that he's being briefed by gimps as he referred to a maybe ''Appearance Fee''.......surely it should be like it is across the ditch, a starters subsidy. They have rewarded owners for at least 10 years, maybe 15.......the last one I took to Newcastle, was a 100 bucks subsidy, jock and acceptance paid by club and a float rebate per km.......but then again, no one was being paid these stupid salaries that Petone are raking either.

36 minutes ago, biff said:

Hey Huey, you can tell he has no racing background though, and that he's being briefed by gimps as he referred to a maybe ''Appearance Fee''.......surely it should be like it is across the ditch, a starters subsidy. They have rewarded owners for at least 10 years, maybe 15.......the last one I took to Newcastle, was a 100 bucks subsidy, jock and acceptance paid by club and a float rebate per km.......but then again, no one was being paid these stupid salaries that Petone are raking either.

The return of free racing would be a start , I could wait for an Appearance Fee in my next life.

2 hours ago, gubellini said:

Huey I agree that John Allen sounded fairly sharp and plausible as well.My fear is that he will go down in racing folklore as the Mirror Man. Always looking into things.

You could be right, but he sounds a lot more authentic and realistic than the last couple of guys. He doesn't appear to be throwing about false promises , infeasible forecasts and mountains of corporate BS Spiel.

In any business, you have to look back over past year or so and ask the question, "What achievements and change have been made to advance the business and prosper it?". Apply this to John Allen and then ask, " If he was not there and his salary was spread into stakes, would the Industry notice him missing?". The answer is a pineapple.

Compared to the poor buggers in the South Island we have it good up here, I really feel for them down there. What I can't understand is why they are not revolting? Owners need a return, even if that return is just a lovely day out with their friends and family to watch their slow one........Petone is all about them, I can fight my corner in any business confrontation, thank God, but it seems in racing people go meekly to the slaughter. There are a few at the top as we all know where life has never been sweeter, but that's life, the hoi poloi matter, but if they accept status quo then poor fools them. This terrible situation with stakes and programming will continue as long as the regime in Petone and the fools in Parliament twiddle and laugh...and they must be laughing, especially the laughing clown Guy, as he is a protected species.

In summary, if this travels the same path there will be no domestic racing in this country in 5 years, the foals crops/owners/field sizes/TAB turnover attest to that now. It is unsustainable.

Maybe Biff. But I don't think the Racing Minister is the problem. If the problem is well known, why aren't the wise heads of the Racing Industry fixing it. The head of the Australian Racing Board is John Messara. He needs no intro. He is heavily involved in the industry outside his prime responsibility as the Arrowfield Stud chief and is a driving force for Racing NSW. In Victoria, you have David Moodie as the chief, also a prolific breeder of TB's and one who has definitely raced more than 90. Who in the NZ Racing Industry is the driving force and a recognised racing figure with lots of skin in the game?John Allen? I'm running out of names so please help me here. But I would suggest to you that the answer is ZERO!

Guest 2Admin2
4 minutes ago, Trump said:

Yes, but different times. Today please. Who is a driving force of authority at NZRB or NZTR level that is a Messara or Moodie? 

Rumpole's tea lady - Molly.