RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Dog

Heightened Security At Wanganui Today

Agree with the I'll dog issues, I see there is already 1 late scratching from the McInerney kennel already today, seeing scouring dogs arriving from their place to the track is a disgrace, but from what I've heard the South Island kennel is just as bad, and if you look at the results of both the kennels over the last few weeks it shows.

Race #8 today has an interesting occurrence.

The TAB has no weight variance for the #6 dog.

https://www.tab.co.nz/racing/#2016-02-17-m3-r8

The RIU has a weight variance for the #6 dog of minus 1.9kgs.

https://twitter.com/riuorgnz?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

One of them is bound to be correct.

As the first two tweets do not agree with TAB information, how are they able to agree with the RIU's third tweet about race #4?

Why in that same tweet does the RIU say in race #7 that Blazing Hot is up 1.8mgs yet the TAB claims it is down 1.8kgs?

Peter on Dogzone mentioned that Greyhound racing is suppose to be a professional sport. How are things performing one day on?

Firstly thank you to whomever has made the proper corrections. Can I suggest that more attention is paid to the detail in the future.

The information that is being given is very relevant. Giving misleading information is actually worse than no information at all.

Punters are very much like many of those who invest in the stock markets. Calm & settled places are where they want to be & when turmoil or chaos is in the air, they quickly run for the door.

2 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Race #3 today has an interesting occurrence.

The TAB has dog #6 at plus 2.4kgs.

https://www.tab.co.nz/racing/#2016-02-17-m3-r3

The RIU tweet has dog #6 at minus 2.4kgs.

https://twitter.com/riuorgnz?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

One of them is bound to be correct.

Hi yankiwi,

Eve Ning Hill was up 2.4kgs. She is just coming back from  a season and she has changed to be a full-on bitch and as we were sick of treating injuries due to her antics in the kennels  and not being able to trial the last 3 sundays. We decided to race her over a sprint distance. She is bred to go over middle distance plus. She did not disgrace herself and one day, she will get an inside draw, as she has had box 2 once out of her 10 starts, she has had box 6, 6 times. She is from the "OSTI" line, which are late maturers.

Cheers,

Lottabull

P.S. She will improve, so, watch this space.

6 minutes ago, lottabull said:

Hi yankiwi,

Eve Ning Hill was up 2.4kgs. She is just coming back from  a season and she has changed to be a full-on bitch and as we were sick of treating injuries due to her antics in the kennels  and not being able to trial the last 3 sundays. We decided to race her over a sprint distance. She is bred to go over middle distance plus. She did not disgrace herself and one day, she will get an inside draw, as she has had box 2 once out of her 10 starts, she has had box 6, 6 times. She is from the "OSTI" line, which are late maturers.

Cheers,

Lottabull

P.S. She will improve, so, watch this space.

No worries Lottabull,

I wasn't trying to make a comment about your girl.

What I was commenting on was the differing information being provided to the public (punters) by the TAB & the RIU, which I know is something that an owner and/or trainer has no say in whatsoever.

Best of luck with your girl & I'll be watching with interest. :)

Yet again the same kennels brings more dogs to the races full of the bug from the north and south kennels. Now it has spread to a couple of very pissed off small trainers that have had the shits. Why didn't the kennels get a stand down when they had dogs on drips??? This sport is never going to change whoever gets in!!!

7 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Agree with the I'll dog issues, I see there is already 1 late scratching from the McInerney kennel already today, seeing scouring dogs arriving from their place to the track is a disgrace, but from what I've heard the South Island kennel is just as bad, and if you look at the results of both the kennels over the last few weeks it shows.

No sure what you are getting at ? If a dog is not right then why start it ? And from what I see they are winning there fair share of races . 

27 minutes ago, come on ref said:

Yet again the same kennels brings more dogs to the races full of the bug from the north and south kennels. Now it has spread to a couple of very pissed off small trainers that have had the shits. Why didn't the kennels get a stand down when they had dogs on drips??? This sport is never going to change whoever gets in!!!

I asked last time you posted about dogs on the drip but no reply? I don't think any kennel comes up with a bug to give to there dogs and they were not the first trainers to have there dogs stood down with the bug that's going round at the moment so not to sure what your getting at .

The Stewards report is available.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/12030/stewards-report.aspx

There are three things that seem a bit out of the ordinary to my eyes.

1. Three Stewards officiating at the race meet.
  2. Ten post race swabs taken on the day.
  3. Two of those post race swabs were taken from runners in the last race of the day.

41 minutes ago, come on ref said:

What about??? Its all in the stipes from Palmerston North and wanganui  of dogs with diarrhoea being late scratched in the parade ring. Its all gotta change but it won't

Thanks for replying this time . Ok so the dogs in question from their kennels where in fact sick after they had come out of the kennel block . They first must have been past fit to race by the on track vet , and then became sick this could happen so the right thing was done to scratch the dog yes ? Your second post re how do they get away with it I don't understand? Who you start a sick dog ? 

I'm sure they don't go and check vehicles. I've seen a few different vets check dogs and also no a sick dog when handling one. they smell kinda funky so I'm sure the vet there can smell or see a sick dog and would not be putting threw to race if this was the case . Also if they had a feeling they would be checking it's temperature have seen this done in the past. As for the question you failed to answer how do some people get away with it ?dont understand 

1 minute ago, I know said:

I'm sure they don't go and check vehicles. I've seen a few different vets check dogs and also no a sick dog when handling one. they smell kinda funky so I'm sure the vet there can smell or see a sick dog and would not be putting threw to race if this was the case . Also if they had a feeling they would be checking it's temperature have seen this done in the past. As for the question you failed to answer how do some people get away with it ?dont understand 

Considering you go by the name 'I Know' you dont to seem to know a lot.

The trainers in question have had the shits for weeks now and have had numerous late scratchings when they haven't been able to get away with starting them, and they would have if they could.

The vets can't tell if a dog has the shits when presented on the table, and if you think they can tell by 'smelling' them then I suggest you read a veterinary book fast, or maybe start a new job as the 'dog smeller'.

It is nothing personal against the kennel but when fellow trainers turn up with their healthy dogs and have to sit in the kennel block and/or race with a dog that the trainers know are crook and likely to pass it onto their dog then it pisses people off no end!

Lol we all love the names other give ourselves on this site . I don't really care who the trainers are or what any other trainer does but I'll tell you this much , no trainer would start a dog if it was not well, why would they ?? They are there to make money and if a dog is unwell it cannot earn or will not earn in future weeks after a run . I no a bit about a vets job and I can tell you there are signs a dog is sick and it wouldn't take a genius to work them out . 

Well if you choose to bury your head in the sand and believe all trainers are all above board and all their dogs that race are all totally fit and well when they race then good luck to you, you obviously are new to the game, you will soon learn everything isn't all beer and skittles.

And by the way a dog will get a $40 petrol voucher even if it runs down the track, so there is an incentive for some people to run their dogs even if they aren't well.

17 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Well if you choose to bury your head in the sand and believe all trainers are all above board and all their dogs that race are all totally fit and well when they race then good luck to you, you obviously are new to the game, you will soon learn everything isn't all beer and skittles.

And by the way a dog will get a $40 petrol voucher even if it runs down the track, so there is an incentive for some people to run their dogs even if they aren't well.

No not new to the game at all , have owned dogs off and on for a number of years and enjoy every minute of it.I think you will find every trainer is out to win and set there dogs for the race. $40 is not an incentive to run your dog in a race, it's a token gesture and probably only covers cost of getting to the track.What you are saying is trainers will race just to get this fit or not fit that is laughable as I no what a greyhound is worth 

so you think after driving the dogs from south island to north island paying all the wages to the handlers, and being told that the dogs are sick the trainer would say don't risk the dogs come back with nothing????? DREAM ON MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOME TRAINERS  ARNT BOTHERED ABOUT THE OWNERS OHHHHHH SURPRIZE  SURPRIZE.

doesn't he get paid anyway win lose or end up on a drip??

when a trainer has plenty and can get plenty what is 1 or 2 or 3 or 7 or 9 dogs he still gets kennel fees read the stipes report there are plenty scratched

1 hour ago, I know said:

No not new to the game at all , have owned dogs off and on for a number of years and enjoy every minute of it.I think you will find every trainer is out to win and set there dogs for the race. $40 is not an incentive to run your dog in a race, it's a token gesture and probably only covers cost of getting to the track.What you are saying is trainers will race just to get this fit or not fit that is laughable as I no what a greyhound is worth 

And most trainers would think like this, but when the kennel in question breeds hundreds and hundreds of dogs every year they become just another petrol voucher, especially the lower graded dogs who are only in the kennel to get a petrol voucher, especially the north island kennelled dogs.

Have you looked up how much they won in petrol vouchers over the last 4-5 seasons, it is staggering.

I think you need to get your head out of the sand, you half-glass full attitude is admiral albeit seriously misguided.

p.s there is a difference between the words 'no' and 'know', I suggest you go and look them up.