RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Insider

The Track for Ellerslie on Saturday

I have just checked out the weather forecast for the rest of the week. 

From Wednesday to Friday showers or rain are predicted for each day so NATURE should provide us with a perfect track for this time of the year.

No man made interference should be necessary. 

Let's wait and see!

Good post Insider.

I love printing out the fields on Wednesday morning and spending a few hours studying each night in the lead up to a decent Saturday meeting. Often that involves trying to pick likely track conditions if weather forecasts are mixed...

Funnily enough last week for Waikato I never once factored in anything other than a good track.....:angry:

If the Chairperson of the stewards is the same as last Saturday doesn't he just post a good 3 regardless of the weather, seriously, how can anyone believe what they put up when they had five hours to change the rating. Don't they walk the track an hour before the first? I am still shaking my head that there hasn't been a resignation over the Te Rapa debacle(s).

I'm sure Hesipedia knows far more than me, and Stephen Hawking for that matter, but given that I live about a three wood then eight iron from the track I can give an informed opinion ( if that's ok Hesi ) and say that we've had a decent sprinkle of nice soft rain but it'll have done no harm and with the current low water table it'll be gone by sundown.

If the weather forecast is correct and we get another 30 mls tonight I'm picking it'll be the same track as New Year's Day, maybe just a wee bit better if we get the predicted 30+ hours of sun after this rain has gone through.

It'll chip out a bit, as Ellerslie does, but it'll be a nice safe track.

There we go, is that ok Hesi ? am I allowed to offer an informed opinion or will you trump me with your ignorance ?

Come in troll, you can't help yourself.

48 minutes ago, Midget said:

I'm sure Hesipedia knows far more than me, and Stephen Hawking for that matter, but given that I live about a three wood then eight iron from the track I can give an informed opinion ( if that's ok Hesi ) and say that we've had a decent sprinkle of nice soft rain but it'll have done no harm and with the current low water table it'll be gone by sundown.

If the weather forecast is correct and we get another 30 mls tonight I'm picking it'll be the same track as New Year's Day, maybe just a wee bit better if we get the predicted 30+ hours of sun after this rain has gone through.

It'll chip out a bit, as Ellerslie does, but it'll be a nice safe track.

There we go, is that ok Hesi ? am I allowed to offer an informed opinion or will you trump me with your ignorance ?

Come in troll, you can't help yourself.

Obviously your golf has improved old son-congrats

25 minutes ago, Midget said:

Just checked Met Service and they're saying another 60 mls over the next 24 hours so it might pay to hold off a bit if you're thinking about punting.

Don't know if it's heading south but we've had 50 mls rain in Whangarei over the past 24 hours and it's pissing down right now. Get your pencils ready guys, gonna be a lot of defections methinks.

2 hours ago, hesi said:

I see the rain forecast for Auckland for the next 24 hours has been substantially cut back.

Just a matter now of how they call the track on Sat morning, but many will be skeptical after Te Rapa last week

Fair hosing down just now.

This photo is outside my office, only about 2km from Ellerslie...  So they will be listing as a G3 ?  :ph34r:

20p4gm0.jpg

On 15/02/2016 at 0:10 AM, Insider said:

interference

On 15/02/2016 at 0:10 AM, Insider said:

I have just checked out the weather forecast for the rest of the week. 

From Wednesday to Friday showers or rain are predicted for each day so NATURE should provide us with a perfect track for this time of the year.

No man made interference should be necessary. 

Let's wait and see!

The track will be shit like it nearly always is. And they'll be coming wide in the straight.

You'll all be amazed how this track will recover.

If we get only 50 mls more, and it stops by early tomorrow morning as forecast, with the low water table this'll drain away and we'll get a beautiful safe 5 or thereabouts.

31 minutes ago, Midget said:

You'll all be amazed how this track will recover.

If we get only 50 mls more, and it stops by early tomorrow morning as forecast, with the low water table this'll drain away and we'll get a beautiful safe 5 or thereabouts.

Since when did you work for Tui or when did you start?

14 minutes ago, Insider said:

Since when did you work for Tui or when did you start?

I'm told we're only getting another few mls now Insider so we might get a beautiful 4 track, maybe even a 3, just perfect.

I do wish your club could provide the same old fella.

26 minutes ago, kakama said:

Next time I am up that way, gonna have to have a beer with midget. 

I am sure it would be an entertaining night. 

You don't need to worry Kakama. If you arrange for that he usually goes to a wine tasting in the afternoon, falls asleep after, and fails to show for evening drinks. Mind you, he might be up for a 5 a.m. coffee after a brisk morning walk.

The alter Midget mind you, seems pretty reliable.

7 hours ago, Fiery Falcon said:

What a fw comment from a nobody explain Karaka Millions day  why don't you send in your CV to the Auckland Racing Club to be the new track manager no doubt if you got the job the track would be a lot worse

A fw comment from a nobody? Go back to school Falcon. You've clearly taken a few too many of your namesakes to the temple.

Im not a track manager. Nor am I interested in being one.

And I'm not necessarily bagging the track manager. He probably does the best he can with what he has. Which is shit.

Mentioning one meeting hardly proves your point.

This track should be a beautiful & perfect 4 tomorrow.

The sky above today is like Hesi's brain, it's all clear & there's nothing in it.

The prevailing conditions today will be like Kakama, hot air and windy.

The conditions underfoot tomorrow will be like me, kind, forgiving and a delight to ride on.

It's going to be just another beautiful day in Paradise.

Don't suppose it is possible that a steward would turn up at Ellerslie this afternoon, walk the track and give a track rating, might help those doing fixed odds betting. Oh, how remiss of me they don't care about turnover just put up a good 3. Still no resignations, just unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, Don Clarke said:

Don't suppose it is possible that a steward would turn up at Ellerslie this afternoon, walk the track and give a track rating, might help those doing fixed odds betting. Oh, how remiss of me they don't care about turnover just put up a good 3. Still no resignations, just unbelievable.

The RIU offices are about 250m from the course proper, however they don't assume control until 7.30 tomorrow morning.

The Midget has a pentrometer inside his head and he's absolutely 101% confident you'll get a nice safe 4 that'll improve into a 3 as the day progresses.