RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
richlandh

Nicky's Wee Luv

I have unfortunate news....the sweet mare I recently rescued from a kill pen here in the USA had to be put down :( its been a hard couple days and a very hard decision to make. She colicked and we did everything we could to save her but the vet was more worried about her heart rate being 135 it may have been another underlying cause we overlooked. She was very sweet and affectionate. I worked hard to save her from slaughter. At least she didn't have a horrible fate at a slaughter house and she was able to live out the rest of her days in peace with love and care from good hearted people.

She will be very missed :(

59 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Sorry to hear. Shame you didn't have a better outcome but all power to you for what you did do for her. 

Thank you! I wish I would've known more about her health history :(

Sometime in the future I'll rescue or home another...right now I've been grieving

4 hours ago, richlandh said:

I have unfortunate news....the sweet mare I recently rescued from a kill pen here in the USA had to be put down :( its been a hard couple days and a very hard decision to make. She colicked and we did everything we could to save her but the vet was more worried about her heart rate being 135 it may have been another underlying cause we overlooked. She was very sweet and affectionate. I worked hard to save her from slaughter. At least she didn't have a horrible fate at a slaughter house and she was able to live out the rest of her days in peace with love and care from good hearted people.

She will be very missed :(

For what it's worth mate, she'll be kicking up her heels in a big clover paddock in the sky, saying she met some good buggers whilst on earth.......you Rich are one of those good buggers.

5 hours ago, biff said:

For what it's worth mate, she'll be kicking up her heels in a big clover paddock in the sky, saying she met some good buggers whilst on earth.......you Rich are one of those good buggers.

She crossed the rainbow bridge!!! And will be very missed...I'm all for rescuing and caring for horses! :)