RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
atubbs

NZ Derby

Interesting looking at the order of entry now and the TAB market. I think 18 is the field size???

Humidor is only one outside top 18 who is below $30 in Fixed Odds market - currently $16. He is 23rd on entry list.

Big shorteners in the TAB market over the weekend were (from odds on Friday) :-

Brighton ($61 - 8)

Rangipo ($8-5)

The Hassler ($41-18)

Whats The Story ($51-18)

Notable drifters :-

Dukedom ($10-26)

Son of Maher ($16-41)

Thunder Down Under ($21-41)

Predator ($10-21)

Zacada and Zambezi Warrior also drifted big time - and outside top 18.

I will stay with Provocative. Will have cover on Whats The Story as hard to argue with that run.

Did you know Provocative is not yet guaranteed a start Col...??!!!

There are bound to be defections higher up though so she should get in ok.

You are probably still celebrating that amazing Chelsea Cup win....what a turnaround there..!!  ;)

8 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Did you know Provocative is not yet guaranteed a start Col...??!!!

There are bound to be defections higher up though so she should get in ok.

You are probably still celebrating that amazing Chelsea Cup win....what a turnaround there..!!  ;)

Yes I enjoyed this morning Ohoka. Don't care if they play their under 16s - a win is a win:P Spurs losing was an added bonus !

Mmm interesting on order of entry - I must admit I went via the NZTR noms page which appeared to be in some sort of order of entry. On that she is 16.

http://www.nzracing.co.nz/RaceInfo/44627/Meeting-Overview.aspx

But after reading your post I then found this where she  is further down....I'm only a simple lad and this is all a bit hard now:(

https://www.nzracing.co.nz/OnHorseFiles/2016%20Derby%20Order%20of%20entry%20WEB.pdf

Right so Midget you are saying the current list in the nominations section of the NZTR website is accurate, but there are 2 horses above those horses on the current list which are not starting (per your sources)?

I'd like to know that the NZTR nom list is accurate ?

23 minutes ago, hesi said:

It is supposedly updated as of 22/2, but they haven't updated the list from 15 Feb but have updated it in the noms page.

So which 2 are not accepting, 2 of the fillies?

I thought you knew everything ?

image.png

6 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

bloody hell midget (whichever one you are) - do you have to play a game in every post. Funny sometimes. Often tiresome....

Only trying to help you learners and save you some time.

Some posters were speculating incorrectly who might and might not be in the Derby, or make the field, just as you were last week with the Oaks.

Neither race has had a full field for about 5 years and I thought you'd know that, and to compound matters you don't seem to know where to source accurate and current data pertaining to qualifications.

Sorry for helping out ( and providing a service to anyone planning a punt ).

3 minutes ago, Midget said:

Only trying to help you learners and save you some time.

Some posters were speculating incorrectly who might and might not be in the Derby, or make the field, just as you were last week with the Oaks.

Neither race has had a full field for about 5 years and I thought you'd know that, and to compound matters you don't seem to know where to source accurate and current data pertaining to qualifications.

Sorry for helping out ( and providing a service to anyone planning a punt ).

Please stop stirring other posters in every thread....it is unnecessary and it won't be allowed to creep back into the forum.

4 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Is that the latest list Col....I would have expected Whats the Story to be much higher up after Saturday...??

Yes, surprised Spurs lost, pretty unlucky apparently.

Do you give Arsenal any hope against Messi and Co on Tuesday....?? ;)

No I don't really Ohoka. I'm thinking the usual gooner end of season tail off in form is kicking in. Might be wishful thinking there though :D

Sanchez the key for them i reckon - super player.

1 Group 1   3YO SW 2400m - $750,000   Open /Close

Silk Horse Trainer Age Sex Order Rating Weight
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Brighton Nigel Tiley 3 Colt 1 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Get That Jive (AUS) Murray Baker & Andrew Forsman 3 Gelding 1 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Raghu Tony Pike 3 Colt 1 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Rangipo (AUS) Tony Pike 3 Gelding 1 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Valley Girl Donna Logan & Chris Gibbs 3 Filly 5 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Dukedom Steven Cole 3 Gelding 6 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Son Of Maher (AUS) Michael & Matthew Pitman 3 Colt 7 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Strada Cavallo Graham Richardson 3 Filly 8 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Capella Danica Guy 3 Filly 9 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Tavago Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young 3 Gelding 10 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Thunder Down Under (AUS) Stephen Ralph 3 Colt 11 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo The Hassler Roger James 3 Gelding 12 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Ali Baba Michael Moroney & Chad Ormsby 3 Colt 13 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Splendido Bruce Wallace 3 Gelding 14 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Predator Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young 3 Gelding 15 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo What's The Story Stephen McKee & Eddie Chippendale 3 Colt 16 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Provocative Tony Pike 3 Filly 17 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Animator (AUS) Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young 3 Gelding 18 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Arbitrage Michael Moroney & Chad Ormsby 3 Colt 19 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Gravano Peter, Dawn Williams & Paul Richards 3 Gelding 20 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Zacada Murray Baker & Andrew Forsman 3 Gelding 21 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Bishop Rock (AUS) Stephen Autridge & Jamie Richards 3 Colt 22 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Humidor Johno Benner & Hollie Wynyard 3 Gelding 23 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Prodigal Son Graeme & Debbie Rogerson 3 Gelding 24 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Johnny Lincoln Lisa Latta 3 Gelding 25 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Neala Linda Laing 3 Filly 26 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo En Suite Kevin Myers 3 Filly 27 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Zambezi Warrior Stephen Autridge & Jamie Richards 3 Gelding 28 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Piece Of Kate Gavin Sharrock 3 Filly 29 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo All Knitted Up Michael Moroney & Chad Ormsby 3 Gelding 30 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Five Off The Tee Shaune Ritchie 3 Gelding 31 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Tessastock Graham Richardson 3 Filly 32 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo The Rebel Knight M, M F & M L Rogers 3 Gelding 33 - -

Last year 17 runners lined up, 2014 capacity field of 18 (4 ballots scr), 2013 again a capacity field of 18, 2012 16 starters (Ocean Park was scratched) and 2011 16 starters (1 scratching). 

It was a nice run by The Hassler on Sat, finishing off nicely. Depends who rides but having Sir Tristram on the damside, makes him in the mix for me. Zacada has blown out in the market. Didn't settle on Sat but also didn't show much in the last 600m. WTS looked impressive. Let's see what the weather does.

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Well well, you're wrong again, just like last week.  Rangipo, Brighton, Raghu and Get That Jive are all exempt, so the list starts at No 5 with Valley Girl

This is a private list based on the best possible available information, we don't assemble our lists with any exemptions, we just do it on stakes money because when you get to the marginal areas that's the defining criteria that's used to decide who gets a run.

I'm actually correct but you didn't have the courtesy to ask whether this was an NZTR compiled list or not although given that the ( approx) stake money is listed I'd have thought it was pretty obvious.

People always panic about getting a start in such races but if you are good enough you will get into the field. Afterall a maiden started in the Avondale Cup. Of the major Cup races only the NZ Cup usually has ballots. Pretty much anyone who wants can start in the Derby, Oaks and various Guineas races each year.

The current order:

Silk Horse Trainer Age Sex Order Rating Weight
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Brighton Nigel Tiley 3 Colt 1 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Get That Jive (AUS) Murray Baker & Andrew Forsman 3 Gelding 1 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Raghu Tony Pike 3 Colt 1 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Rangipo (AUS) Tony Pike 3 Gelding 1 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Valley Girl Donna Logan & Chris Gibbs 3 Filly 5 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Son Of Maher (AUS) Michael & Matthew Pitman 3 Colt 6 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Strada Cavallo Graham Richardson 3 Filly 7 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Capella Danica Guy 3 Filly 8 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Tavago Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young 3 Gelding 9 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Thunder Down Under (AUS) Stephen Ralph 3 Colt 10 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo The Hassler Roger James 3 Gelding 11 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Splendido Bruce Wallace 3 Gelding 12 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Predator Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young 3 Gelding 13 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo What's The Story Stephen McKee & Eddie Chippendale 3 Colt 14 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Provocative Tony Pike 3 Filly 15 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Animator (AUS) Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young 3 Gelding 16 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Humidor Johno Benner & Hollie Wynyard 3 Gelding 17 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Prodigal Son Graeme & Debbie Rogerson 3 Gelding 18 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Johnny Lincoln Lisa Latta 3 Gelding 19 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Neala Linda Laing 3 Filly 20 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo En Suite Kevin Myers 3 Filly 21 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Gobstopper Andrew Campbell 3 Gelding 22 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Piece Of Kate Gavin Sharrock 3 Filly 23 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Five Off The Tee Shaune Ritchie 3 Gelding 24 - -
Image.ashx?version=3.136&size=SS&p=%2fCo Tessastock Graham Richardson 3 Filly 25 - -