RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
von Smallhaussen

Herbie Dyke Stakes

I often thought that those that are close to God might take notice if there was a boycott of races, and trainers got together and didn't nominate. It seems this has almost happened on its own merit naturally. For one reason or another (and there are plenty of reasons) nominations are poor throughout the country. To see horses with ratings in the low 60s and 70s  making open fields sums it all up. Not so  many years ago fields were full and it was often hard to get accepted.  So many people are hanging in by a thread basically funding the lifestyle of a few.

Did any of you listen to the CEO NZTR this morning during his interview with Pete? More importantly did he answer the big question from Pete? Did he present a paper at Mumbai talk fest......? we know he chaired a meeting, did he present a paper> that was the question, I've played the interview back, tell me if I'm wrong, for the life of me I can't hear the answer at all.......

1 minute ago, biff said:

Did any of you listen to the CEO NZTR this morning during his interview with Pete? More importantly did he answer the big question from Pete? Did he present a paper at Mumbai talk fest......? we know he chaired a meeting, did he present a paper> that was the question, I've played the interview back, tell me if I'm wrong, for the life of me I can't hear the answer at all.......

Did I hear right that he was quoting some stats on the success of male horses over the past 2 or 5 years in NZracing? I thought this question was worded around the now and not the past.

1 hour ago, biff said:

Biff the answer is NO. And, that is from a delegate who swears he definitely heard him not present a paper. Would he get one accepted?

4 hours ago, biff said:

I only heard it once - but my clear recollection was he said he made introductory comments at the meeting he chaired (which sounded like a breakout group - ie not in front of the whole conference).

I thought Pete sounded a little unimpressed

Obviously K.Rutherford reads race café as The Informant today states that he and his staff got to work on the phones on Tuesday afternoon and secured another 5 runners albeit R65 and 85 band horses - for a Group 1!!!! The pity was they didn't do it 7 days ago and make sure they had a field and all this embarrassment would be avoided.

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

Let me know when you can do that Biff.

I'm renowned for my bland ppts, but that one takes the cake.

Some interesting ppt presentations there, but you'd have to say the one there representing NZracing needs improvement.

Wouldn't someone in the office put something together with a bit of substance for the presenter before they left for the conference?

On 10/02/2016 at 0:11 AM, Don Clarke said:

Obviously K.Rutherford reads race café as The Informant today states that he and his staff got to work on the phones on Tuesday afternoon and secured another 5 runners albeit R65 and 85 band horses - for a Group 1!!!! The pity was they didn't do it 7 days ago and make sure they had a field and all this embarrassment would be avoided.

300 k race.  I hope the owners sling the one that rung.