RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Craig Symes

Springvale Harry

What the hell is up with the racing rules these days.

Springvale Harry, how the heck is this mutt aloud to be near a race track.

Haven't seen it race before and after today it should never be seen again.

Stipes use to say they were there to look after the punters bah bah bah yeah right. 

It started to pull up at the 600 boxes today then chased the 1 dog hampering it around the corner and costing it the win and the 7 a placing.

Blinkers only hinder it as its not sure where the others were.

Todays stipes report says.

SPRINGVALE HARRY ranged up outside the leader going into the final bend but then eased and lost momentum. After viewing the available films and hearing from the Kennel representative, it could not be conclusively established whether there had been contact between SPRINGVALE HARRY and SMASH ALLEGRO at the time of easing and so no further action could be taken on this occasion.

( What a frecking joke, stipes you need to read your rule book and forget about who the trainer is and DO YOUR JOBS. )

And what a record it has.

And forgive me if im wrong but didnt or doesnt the rule say a dog has to have 10 clear races between stand downs ( which is complete stupidity, what happened to 3 strikes your gone. ) 

According to nzgra website only had 8 race day starts between being stood down on 23/05/15 at Richonmd then qualifying at Wanganui on the 28/08/15  and being put out again on MONDAY 16 Nov 2015 where it again was put out for a first offence !!! 

Am i missing something here ????

PALMERSTON NORTH GREYHOUND RACING CLUB

Manawatu Raceway ON MONDAY 04 Jan 2016

21.12.15. SPRINGVALE HARRY completed a satisfactory trial which was required under the provisions of Rule 80.1 and is now cleared to race.

PALMERSTON NORTH GREYHOUND RACING CLUB

Manawatu Raceway ON MONDAY 16 Nov 2015

SPRINGVALE HARRY ( A Turnwald ) race 12 was stood down rule ( 79.1b ) failing to pursue. 1st offence 28 days stand down and to the completion of a satisfactory trial/s.

WANGANUI GREYHOUND RACING CLUB                                            Hatrick Raceway ON FRIDAY 28 Aug 2015 
Judicial report: SPRINGVALE HARRY and MISS TAKAMORI completed satisfactory trials which were required under the provisions of Rule 80.1 and they are now cleared to race

Interstate Racing Offences

Start Date
Track of Offence
Offence Type
Duration
Status
23/05/2015 Richmond Fail to chase 1st offence 28 days Awaiting Trial
25/03/2015 Bulli Unsatisfactory performance 22 days Awaiting Trial
12/02/2014 Angle Park Fail to chase 1st offence 28 days Expired

Hatrick Raceway On Friday 06 Nov 2015

SPRINGVALE HARRY led into the bend but shifted out to race wide and in doing so caused interferance to FUNKY FREDDY, MCJOPSON and FLYING SWAN approaching the home straight and they lost several lengths and all chance. SPRINGVALE HARRY was also hampered in the incident but recovered to win the race by a narrow margin.

RICHMOND : STEWARD REPORT - TAB Saturday 23 May 2015

Connections of SPRINGVALE HARRY (7) were questioned regarding the greyhounds actions passing the catching pen. Connections could offer no excuses for the SPRINGVALE HARRY (7) easing through the catching pen. After making observations and viewing the race footage, stewards believed that the greyhound had eased of its own accord passing the catching pen, and as a result, had failed to purse the lure with due commitment. Subsequently, SPRINGVALE HARRY (7) was stood down from competing at Richmond for 28 days under GAR 69A (2) (a), for failing to purse the lure, and the greyhound must complete one satisfactory trial with two others.

...................................................................................

Date: Wednesday 25 March 2015 Meeting: Bulli

John Callaughan was questioned regarding the performance of SPRINGVALE HARRY (8). Mr Callaughan stated that SPRINGVALE HARRY (8) was having its first start at the Bulli track which may have attributed to the greyhound running off entering the home straight. He also explained the greyhound was returning from a wrist injury and was having its first start back after an eight week layoff. After making observations and viewing the race footage, stewards’ believed that the performance of SPRINGVALE HARRY (8) was unsatisfactory. Stewards had concerns with how truly SPRINGVALE HARRY (8) was pursing the lure, on the home turn and in the home straight. Therefore the greyhound was stood down from competing at licensed race meetings under GAR 71 until the completion of one satisfactory trial with two others.

-―----------------------------------------------------------------

Angle Park Wednesday 12 February 2014.

SPRINGVALE HARRY reported for failing to pursue checking MISS ICY ROSIE and NEBULA shortly after HERO EXPRESS hit the running rail. Along the back straight SPRINGVALE HARRY checked off EXPECT. On the turn off the back straight EXPECT moved down checking SNOWCODE. HERO EXPRESS vetted after the race NO INJURY DETECTED. SPRINGVALE HARRY SUSPENDED FOR 28 DAYS ANGLE PARK ONLY AND 1 SATISFACTORY TRIAL ALL TRACKS FOR FAILING TO PURSUE.

Unfortunately for the sport, you are missing all the things you have to read between the lines of the official reports, that never get published Craig.

Springvale Harry should have been stood down for three months after his charge of FTP on 16 November, but for some reason the Steward incorrectly charged him with his third first offence (which defies logic). So that day Harry's stars all seemed to line up for him, so to say.

Since Harry was charged with FTP it lead to a visit to the Vet for a check up. The Vet on the day found only a minor injury (not a serious injury of 21 day stand down or more) and the FTP charge was filed.

In the next couple of days Harry saw the vet again & the injury remarkably became to be more serious, requiring a purpose suiting stand down of exactly 21 days & the charge was rescinded. The stars all lined up once again.

The injury stand down was then completed and Harry attempted a satisfactorly trial on 14/12/16, but in that trial he failed in the attempt to requalify, even though he had won the trail.

So since Harry showed questionable behaviour (per Stewards reports) in 2 of the 10 "clear races" and was charged in a 3rd of those "clear races" with a FTP, only to find the injury became more serious than first thought and don't forget the failed requalifying attempt he won, he's a good boy now according the rules & is a genuine chaser. (insert Tui sign here)

What's even worse for the entire sport, until the RIU & JCA draw a fitting line in the sand, similar situations will only be happening more. Simply check the names of Harry's kennel mates which have been imported & it'll quickly become very apparent.

Long live the declining sport.

2 minutes ago, I know said:

I was always under the impression that you could only use the injury clause the first time. 

Under the Australian rules of racing, it can only be used once as an "excuse".

Under NZ rules of racing it's very different. There is no limit to how many times a dog can be charged with FTP & receive the "get out of jail free card" by using the "excuse" of a serious injury, directly after the race, or for up to three days later if they didn't get the 21 day stand down result they wanted at the first exam for that matter.

Under our rules a dog can FTP, come off the track with no injury detected after the race and be charged. Then the next day, see the vet & receive a 21 injury stand down because one of the dog's kennel mates tried to bite it's ear off while unloading from van/trailer.

I believe it's loop hope, used very frequently (every time I can recently remember that a FTP charge was filed against one of their charges) by a small portion of trainers (or ex-trainers which now hold only a handler's license). 

When was the last time a dog was charged with no or a minor injury at the track & then get vetted in the couple of days following & not have the stand down increased to 21 days?

Coincidence?

why have rules been changed and who has had them changed.

what i don't like is that the "new blood" we relay on to put some confidence into the sport i.e. Rendle and Scott are also some of the larger owners in the sport.

So are they going to be looking after the sport or themselves large owners ???

thats what i worry about

23 minutes ago, Craig Symes said:

why have rules been changed and who has had them changed.

what i don't like is that the "new blood" we relay on to put some confidence into the sport i.e. Rendle and Scott are also some of the larger owners in the sport.

So are they going to be looking after the sport or themselves large owners ???

thats what i worry about

That's a pretty harsh thing to question their integrity on a public forum just because they own a lot of dogs, as I've found Davey Boy to be a gentlemen and a scholar in in my dealings with him in this sport 

Why is this non chasing, fighting Aussie import still racing. Pull your heads out of the sand you under performing Stipes. It should of been gone ages ago. Instead its allowed to mar, and foot trip genuine dogs. Do the conections have no conscience?, do they have no respect for their fellow trainers?. Very selfish for mine.

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

Why is this non chasing, fighting Aussie import still racing. Pull your heads out of the sand you under performing Stipes. It should of been gone ages ago. Instead its allowed to mar, and foot trip genuine dogs. Do the conections have no conscience?, do they have no respect for their fellow trainers?. Very selfish for mine.

you sound like an angry connection, it was not Sprinvale harrys fault the dog in front tripped over, it had nothing to do with springvale harry and you know that

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/12108/stewards-report.aspx

SPRINGVALE HARRY led from the start and had a two length margin over the 2nd dog CROWD GOES WILD on the bend. He then eased until joined by that runner and he then began to race again and finished the race in 2nd place. SPRINGVALE HARRY was referred to the Vet for assessment and found to have quadricep, pectoral and latissimus dorsi injuries requiring a 21 day stand down. SPRINGVALE HARRY is required to complete a satisfactory trial under Rule 80.1 before next starting.

On 2/8/2016 at 9:45 PM, Eagle Eye said:

That's a pretty harsh thing to question their integrity on a public forum just because they own a lot of dogs, as I've found Davey Boy to be a gentlemen and a scholar in in my dealings with him in this sport 

hey wasa, remember this :P

1 hour ago, Craig Symes said:

hey wasa, remember this :P

Lol always found him to be very nice person Craig, unfortunately he fell from grace. But saying that hence we may just need to question the powers to be over box draws. :P what do you think? ;)