RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Canelo

Steven Joyce

He's normally quite COCKey but I'd say by the time he stopped in RODney for a 6-INCH at subway Steven Joyce would have been TOYing with the idea of a harsh phonecall to the HEAD of his party and expressing his disgust that Mr Key had SHAFTed him by sending him along to Waitangi in his place. He would have prefered to be away on an overseas JUNKet but dont think he would have had the BALLS to actually say how he really felt. 

To be fair, those activists went there to give him an earfull but to Stevens credit he turned the other cheek and took it on the chin and refrained from opening his mouth at the wrong time which was very wise of him.

I think that is because one symbolizes unity and pride, the other division and grievances. I suppose if the Crown and Maori resolve these issues once and for all we can have a day like Australia day where we get pissed and do burnouts at the end of the cul-de-sac in our Toranas or float out to sea on our lilo blow up beds with a box of Tooheys New.

5 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

What a bloody rabble they are.  New Zealand's National Day...?  What a joke it is....Hori bitching day more like.

Compare this to Australia Day......chalk and cheese.

Agree, its an absolute farce, No one outside of the Bay of Islands gives a toss about the day.

A small minority has destroyed the significance of today by constantly each year advancing their own cause & seemingly will never be satisfied regardless of what they achieve.

On 06/02/2016 at 4:28 PM, Ohokaman said:

Hori bitching day more like.

That's an old fashioned word Ohokaman.

To be fair, quite a few "Hori's of my acquaintance are as pissed off as the rest of the country. They blame Nga Puhi alone for  what occurs at their Marae on Waitangi weekend.

1 hour ago, Uriah Heap said:

That's an old fashioned word Ohokaman.

To be fair, quite a few "Hori's of my acquaintance are as pissed off as the rest of the country. They blame Nga Puhi alone for  what occurs at their Marae on Waitangi weekend.

Agree Uriah,most of those I know are good people who don't subscribe to this "us and them" mentality.

David Seymour made some very good points in his SST column at the weekend about the Treaty and the fact it was not just signed at Waitangi but at many other locations all over the country.  To quote :

"Ngapuhi have denied the whole country a proud national day just one time too many. It is time to take this show on the road. There were 20 odd signing locations so it will come back around in 2036. And a bit of competition among locations might also help to lift standards of behaviour, bringing some dignity and joy back to this historic occasion..."

Well said....