RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
come on ref

wanganui today

Everybody knows that there is one rule for some trainers and another for the 'bigger' trainers.

The northern arm of the kennels is a shambles anyway, the NZGRA is afraid of the McInerney kennels, for some reason they think greyhound racing will fall over without them, it isn't true.

At the end of the day it is the dog that suffers.

I didn't know about that until I read your post. Not a good look whatsoever.

The one of the day that did surprise me to see was a dog named "Top Prosecutor" requalify.

It's come from Australia with 5 race day starts under its belt thus far. In 2 of those it was charged with marring, which in itself isn't an issue according to our rules.

https://fasttrack.grv.org.au/Dog/RacingOffence/641470657

If you have a search of the dog on the GRNZ website, it doesn't have any owner listed and that is a problem.

62.6 Notwithstanding Rule 62.4, a Greyhound shall not qualify, regardless of meeting the conditions of the Qualifying Trial, if such Greyhound’s Certificate of Registration was not in order or if any transfer or lease had not been registered with the Association at the time of qualifying.

How can a dog be qualified to race if someone doesn't own it?

62.8 Complete identification of a Greyhound is to be undertaken at a Qualifying Trial and the Certificate of Registration is to be certified by a Steward or an Authorised Person.

Is that a thorough job of identification for certification?

Those in charge of enforcing the rules, can't even seem to follow them.

12 hours ago, come on ref said:

How bad was it a certain kennels dogs were all ill with The shits. high temps and sickness but they got in to race even though some ended up on drips. The stipes knew but The magic sweep under the carpet came out AGAIN!!!! Where is animal welfare when you need it

Do not no the kennel involved, but will say this. If this is correct, and they knowingly lined ill dogs up, then they have absolutely no idea of how to win races. You cannot win with crook dogs. The only result they will get is a set back in the prep, and risk permanent damage that will not be fixed. As for the welfare aspect, its just window dressing. If i had my way, the welfare position would be gone yesterday. Just a bull#hit position that should come under the racing managers portfolio.

On 03/02/2016 at 8:58 AM, aquaman said:

If this is correct, and they knowingly lined ill dogs up, then they have absolutely no idea of how to win races. You cannot win with crook dogs.

If the goal was to collect petrol vouchers, because they were able to dance the dance & get the dogs to the starting box, mission accomplished in their mind.