RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

PRO BOWL

Don't get me wrong,i love watching the NFL,thanks to TVNZ pop up channel,but i gotta ask what is the Pro Bowl all about?No body chasing the QB,no body chasing the kicker,tackles being made with all the impact of a feather duster and worst of all plenty of empty seats.

After 15 minutes i turned it off and started listening to Radio Trackside.(yes it's that bad).

The best part was the flyover after the anthem.

By the way does anyone know what plane was involved in the flyover,it looked pretty impressive.

1 hour ago, chelseacol said:

Totally agree Crusty - one aspect of American sports I can't get into is the pro bowl/All stars games. Leaves me cold - to the extent I didn't bother recording today's match.

Superbowl on Monday however...

NFL fan since 1995 but i couldnt agree more with you chelseacol. I havnt bothered to record game also .

Most of the top players dont attend plus no players from the superbowl teams. 

You are left with mid level qbs starting such as Carr and Taylor when it should be the superstars like rogers brady and newton.

Hoping Denver get up next week for Manning but im thinking Panthers by 10.

20 minutes ago, Group one winner said:

NFL fan since 1995 but i couldnt agree more with you chelseacol. I havnt bothered to record game also .

Most of the top players dont attend plus no players from the superbowl teams. 

You are left with mid level qbs starting such as Carr and Taylor when it should be the superstars like rogers brady and newton.

Hoping Denver get up next week for Manning but im thinking Panthers by 10.

It would be a heck of a story for Manning to win this one at his age. I'm relatively neutral at the moment as none of the teams I really like have got close (gee it's no fun being a Titans fan !).

Nice that this year it's a public holiday ... although the Tuesday morning hangover remains an issue:(

Can't stand Manning personally. Even more so after the recent Al Jazeera documentery. Hoping Cam Newton can put on another clinic, without doubt have been the best team all year and deserve to win. Has been a mighty go for them on betfair as well.

Thanks Col, only just realised it was a public holiday, you beauty. Have only started following the sport closely the last 2 seasons, prior to then I just use to watch Super Bowl, awesome sport tho. The Americans do it so well.

yes it is a great sport Gonsta. I'v been hooked since spending a month in the states many years ago during the season. The mate I was visiting had a crazy whiskey drinking father - watched a lot of football with him learning the rules.

I tend to agree on Manning - yes the recent revelations etc, plus I hate the "Omaha" stuff before the play. But I do admire him still playing after so long.

Newton looks so calm during a match - freakish what he has done this season. So yep I go that way too.

I see the superbowl is live on channel one this year. Thats fantastic especially as its a public holiday. Hopefully it will generate a few more fans down here,

My dad went to the indy 500 in 91, 93 and 95. He bought me back all this colts gear. Same time i started flatting and we had sky tv so used to watch the games .

Been hooked ever since..................................................