RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WhoKnows

Disco Rain

It's not like Karen Walsh to race a dog that's obviously injured, but you would have to say this dog won't be seen agin on the tracks surely? 2 races back from its stunning  debut win and has taken money (yes mine) both times and looked an unhappy dog both times.

WhoKnows 

I can only assume that you have inadvertantly poorly worded your post as Karen Walsh would never race a a dog that was injured and if you are casting aspersions then you owe her a very big apology.

Gary Harding paid a substantial amount of money for Disco Rain and since the dog's first brilliant win it has encountered several injuries and setbacks on the comeback trail. However I have seen the dog trial very well in recent weeks and it appeared that the dog was back injury free and ready to be competitive and that would have been the only way the Harding/Walsh team would even consider starting any dog. Disco Rain obviously went amiss today and you are correct as I heard someone from the kennel state after the event that it had run it's last race.

Whilst you are crying through your pocket think about how the connections must be feeling having invsted so much money. time and effort into this dog and it it has all come undone sadly. One thing's for sure they will ensure Disco has a happy retirement and a good home in which to live out his days.

Like many things in racing there's sometimes a very fine line between success and failure in cases like this. Until recently Pay Da Trail, who actually won the event today, was off the scene for some time with similar injury problems and he has made a successful return to racing despite many doubting he would even get back to the track. One can only try and if it doesn't pan out certainly don't need sore losers rubbing salt into the wound.

42 minutes ago, bunyarra said:

WhoKnows 

I can only assume that you have inadvertantly poorly worded your post as Karen Walsh would never race a a dog that was injured and if you are casting aspersions then you owe her a very big apology.

Gary Harding paid a substantial amount of money for Disco Rain and since the dog's first brilliant win it has encountered several injuries and setbacks on the comeback trail. However I have seen the dog trial very well in recent weeks and it appeared that the dog was back injury free and ready to be competitive and that would have been the only way the Harding/Walsh team would even consider starting any dog. Disco Rain obviously went amiss today and you are correct as I heard someone from the kennel state after the event that it had run it's last race.

Whilst you are crying through your pocket think about how the connections must be feeling having invsted so much money. time and effort into this dog and it it has all come undone sadly. One thing's for sure they will ensure Disco has a happy retirement and a good home in which to live out his days.

Like many things in racing there's sometimes a very fine line between success and failure in cases like this. Until recently Pay Da Trail, who actually won the event today, was off the scene for some time with similar injury problems and he has made a successful return to racing despite many doubting he would even get back to the track. One can only try and if it doesn't pan out certainly don't need sore losers rubbing salt into the wound.

Yep if anyone took to heart what was said on this internet site the suicide rate would spike. Had a look at his Aus form each time he missed a win he had two and one time three months in between starts. Was a big risk paying huge money for him but that's sometimes the price for chasing glory and success. We paid big money for F Pete for no cigar, We paid big for L Nitro got a G1 but still hasn't won back what we paid at 50/50 but man winning a Group 1 that was worth it, it's not all about the bucks to us all, Fun is the real picture for some, Winners keep there heads high and never give up on their dreams, and yes giving them a life after racing is very high on our list, LN, CC and CC r comming back to Aus to my acreage when retired cheers WB

image.jpg

Yes, I didn't word it very well.

Karen Walsh along with the Faheys are a country mile above most other trainers in NZ, they have dominated the strike-rate table for years, and that's how I base who the better trainers are.

I was just surprised to see the dog being tried again after looking very uncomfortable at its last start, then again yesterday looking very sore.

But I guess the big money paid meant having another go, just wasn't meant to be I suppose.

22 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Yes, I didn't word it very well.

Karen Walsh along with the Faheys are a country mile above most other trainers in NZ, they have dominated the strike-rate table for years, and that's how I base who the better trainers are.

Whilst your on the topic of offending people I must add that the trainers you mentioned being the best also have the very best dogs money can buy hence making them the best trainers....your only as good as the dogs in your kennels pal.

1 hour ago, Slim Shady said:

Whilst your on the topic of offending people I must add that the trainers you mentioned being the best also have the very best dogs money can buy hence making them the best trainers....your only as good as the dogs in your kennels pal.

Is it true or not... if what he says is the truth how is he offending anyone??? And how is it they get the best dogs in their kennel...is it maybe because they are the best trainers????

Stop being so jealous... some of you guys really have thin skin.

whoknows

Not just the money you need to also factor in the mental side of injuries. The dog may be trialling brilliantly but may have lose his confidence and until they are tried under race conditions you just don't know, and you would quite possibly forgive them their first run.

Dream Collector is another who seems to have taken no ill harm from his potentially career ending hock injury but I have seen plenty with lesser injuries make it back to the track trial like champions but could not overcome it mentally.    

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Is it true or not... if what he says is the truth how is he offending anyone??? And how is it they get the best dogs in their kennel...is it maybe because they are the trainers

Or is it because they got plenty of money to buy the best dogs to train? 

Unfortunately  Scooby there will always  be  jealousy  in this game us Kiwis are always trying to pull down people who have made a success in  their endeavours. One of the biggest thrills I have had in this game is having a photo taken with a dog of mine that won with Craig Roberts and Brendon Cole on either side with my 2000 dollar purchase 

1 hour ago, bus stop said:

Unfortunately  Scooby there will always  be  jealousy  in this game us Kiwis are always trying to pull down people who have made a success in  their endeavours. One of the biggest thrills I have had in this game is having a photo taken with a dog of mine that won with Craig Roberts and Brendon Cole on either side with my 2000 dollar purchase 

Lol were they smiling