RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mrtiz

Best Bets and Tips for Thursday??

5 hours ago, Track Record said:

Cambridge Standouts:

Race 1 #3 - Race 4 #5 - Race 5 #8 - Race 6 #4 - Race 11 #3* (Special @ $3.00)

Race 11 #3 Zipping Dee - One of most entertaining track performances I've seen in awhile lol. If you haven't seen the race check out www.thedogs.co.nz

5 hours ago, Track Record said:

Cambridge Standouts:

Race 11 #3* (Special @ $3.00)

If you didn't see the race live, I'd strongly suggest you have a look at the replay to see just how "well" your special pick won.

I'd be surprised if you see it race again in the next month.

5 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

If you didn't see the race live, I'd strongly suggest you have a look at the replay to see just how "well" your special pick won.

I'd be surprised if you see it race again in the next month.

I see it got a 28 day stand down, shouldn't it have been 3 months considering it got a ticket for failing to chase in its last race in Aus ??

36 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

I see it got a 28 day stand down, shouldn't it have been 3 months considering it got a ticket for failing to chase in its last race in Aus ??

I'd say you're right Gonsta...

Funny that!

What reply was Pete Early looking at ??????

Just watched replay before i head off to bed. Even blind freddy could see the dog is a chaser not a racer.

Maybe he was avoiding pointing out the obivious but didnt stop his other comentator mate when coverage went back to the studio. :D

On 04/02/2016 at 9:18 PM, lid pinger said:

Race 1 number 1 had the same idea as well

Watched replay again of this race, suppose it did sort of have an excuse cause the 3 broke down right next to it and it had a look around to see where it had gone!! At the end of the day it was not pursing the lure I guess so should of got a mention at least. I think the stipes should concentrate on fixing the problems in the code they actually know something about (thoroughbreds) before they try police something they are clueless about aye! Week in week out you see the cheats in seats holding up horses and riding with all intentions of not winning, that code aint getting anymore of my money again. 

34 minutes ago, Slim Shady said:

Week in week out you see the cheats in seats holding up horses and riding with all intentions of not winning, that code aint getting anymore of my money again. 

You don't have to watch too many races to figure that out and it's just the reason I punt only on dogs. They don't know how to read an odds board. .

Numerous times I've seen the cheat in the seat be one back on the fence turning into the home straight, drop down to the inside passing lane & never once "encourage" their charge in the run home. All the other "carties" at the same time are bouncing back in forth in their seat & doing everything the can to get charges to speed up.

U got me there Aquaman, had been a long day.

Trev's calls have been doing my head in. Twice this year he has pretty much said there is no way the leader could be beaten and boom, done before the line. 

1 hour ago, GONSTA said:

Pretty interesting reading the 'adjusted' stipes report a couple of weeks after the race... 

Very interesting indeed.

How can a greyhound run in two consecutive races, be charged in both of those races with FTP, not receive a "serious injury" in either of those two races and be charged with a first offence twice, no matter what country they were run in?

RIU's got that one very wrong (again) in my opinion.

If the ticket wasn't recognised by GRNZ in the first place, why was the dog required to satisfactorily trial prior to its first race here?

So much for tickets being carried over between countries, at lease west to east.

https://fasttrack.grv.org.au/RaceField/ViewRaces/1540850081

"Zipping Dee was vetted following the event and was revetted following Race 3.  It was reported that the greyhound sustained minor spike wounds and an injury to the left monkey muscle, a 7 day stand down period was imposed.  Stewards spoke to Ms C. Jones, Trainer of Zipping Dee.  Acting under GAR 69(B)(1), Stewards charged Zipping Dee with failing to pursue the lure with due commitment (by reason of injury).  Ms Jones pleaded guilty to the charge, Zipping Dee was found guilty and Stewards directed that the greyhound perform a Satisfactory Trial, All Tracks, pursuant to GAR 69(B)(1)(a), before any future nomination will be accepted."

WAIKATO GREYHOUND RACING CLUB

Cambridge Raceway ON THURSDAY 04 Feb 2016

Judicial report: After further consideration the Stewards have reviewed the relativity and application of Australian Greyhound Racing Rule 69B (1) (a) with respect to a greyhound being penalised for failing to pursue the lure when subsequently being found to be suffering from an injury. While the New Zealand Greyhound Rules of Racing recognise penalties imposed by external jurisdictions there nonetheless is no comparable New Zealand rule to Australian Rule 69B (1)(a) and as such the penalty imposed against ZIPPING DEE of 3 months has been further amended to 28 days to more accurately reflect the offending of the greyhound.

Same old Shit, different Meeting.

At least they are consistent :(

54 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Should be for in the area of the 318m boxes.

But the RIU is officiating & we all know what that means.

Wouldn't get away with it in Australia.

I agree it definitely eased up for a wee bit but would be surprised if it will get put out for it. You see it happen all the time and nothing happens about it so I'm picking today will be no different.

An investigation was held into an incident entering the back straight where ZIPPING DEE (leader) appeared to ease for a stride just prior to LOVELY RITA improving to its outside. After hearing evidence from Trainer D Schofield and viewing the replay, Stewards exercised discretion by giving the connections of ZIPPING DEE the benefit of the doubt however Mr Schofield was advised that ZIPPING DEE's future racing would be closely monitored.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/12086/stewards-report.aspx

Stewards exercised discretion?

Can someone point out to me where there is an allowance for discretion in rule 79.1.b?

79.1 Where a Greyhound:
b. Fails to pursue the Lure in a Race;

Obviously the Steward wasn't to concerned with filing a charge, as it wasn't referred to the vet after the race!

FTP in its first race in NZ.

Benefit of the doubt in its second race NZ.

So much for close monitoring.

ZIPPING DEE and LOVELY RITA came together entering the final straight. ZIPPING DEE shifted in throughout the final straight crowding LOVELY RITA over the concluding stages with ZIPPING DEE then easing down when crossing the finish line with a post race veterinary examination revealing no abnormality. The connections of ZIPPING DEE were shown the footage and spoken to regarding the performance.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/12087/stewards-report.aspx

FTP in its first race in NZ.

Benefit of the doubt in its second race NZ.

So much for close monitoring.

ZIPPING DEE and LOVELY RITA came together entering the final straight. ZIPPING DEE shifted in throughout the final straight crowding LOVELY RITA over the concluding stages with ZIPPING DEE then easing down when crossing the finish line with a post race veterinary examination revealing no abnormality. The connections of ZIPPING DEE were shown the footage and spoken to regarding the performance.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/12087/stewards-report.aspx

If you have a chance to see the race this dog was in at the Meadows today it was one of the worst cases of fighting you will see, cruised to the lead and then spat the dummy, much like it used to do here but much, much worse! Don't think we will be seeing this dog grace the tracks again.