RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mrtiz

Best Bets and Tips for Thursday??

Planning on a day on the punt tomorrow., whats everyone liking for a bet.Two meetings(chch and cambridge),plenty of races to hook into.

Looking for advice from you all....thanks

Well that's why we love the game, differing opinions makes it more exciting. Billy was 4.50 FFP this morning, amazing value I reckon. $3 currently.

He's had 15 starts from boxes 1or2 14 times in the $$. 36 times in $$ from 54 career starts. He is ultra consistent and even since reaching the top grade his form stacks up. Last start 4th was good enough. 2 starts ago runs 3rd behind Vikkers and runs past his bro Cant Catch Tim in the process!

He owes me nothing this dog and at 4.50 FFP this morning I was more than willing to see if he can pay the mortgage again this week!! :)

Good luck everyone.

23 minutes ago, Track Record said:

Cambridge:

R8) No More Debt 

R9) Melham

R11) Mi Tensile

I thought Melham was a good thing today on the downgrade, went horrible.

Think it's a bit of a nonnie that is no good unless it's on the bunny, bet the connections knew that before they paid the huge money for him, mind you are are a lot of dogs around like that.

Whatever you do, don't take a Place 6.  No idea what the TAB take-out is, but it paid a rubbish $24 today at Cambridge despite a couple of warm faves dipping out in the first 2 legs.

Horrible bet type, never again.

20 minutes ago, Racing84 said:

Whatever you do, don't take a Place 6.  No idea what the TAB take-out is, but it paid a rubbish $24 today at Cambridge despite a couple of warm faves dipping out in the first 2 legs.

Horrible bet type, never again.

Same takeout as quaddie's and trebles. 26% if I'm not mistaken. 

4 favs all placed in the last 4 races including a $1.35 shot which was probably anchored on atleast 80% of tickets. The first leg was a loose fav (2.8 fixed earlier) and the 2nd and 3rd favs both placed, the second leg was obviously the reason it paid as high as it did, with the 3rd fav placing with a couple of roughies.

Normally a better pool than the early quad and the majority of trebles on NZ greyhounds. I quite like it but each to their own. 

26 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

We were hoping for the down grade with Sally (Chris's Pride) today but we are very happy with her run today & to come 3rd against some good so a surprise. We are very proud of her.

That's what happens everytime you looking for a downgrade mate.. the buggers run third! Nice effort and the dog deserves to be up with top graders, I hope shes had a look at akl by now and gearing up for a railway campaign...well worth put her in with the early speed shes got.

Thanks Yankiwi, one of those wonderful occasions when you envisage a certain price only to find its paying considerably more than you thought! I back B.Billy mainly for place. 1:10 ratio. I thought he'd be 1.80-2.00 place this morning, $4.50!! Unbelievable. If only they came along everyday.

And Racing84, interesting point about Place6. I find it a profitable bet type. Very rarely do I not get it and the returns range from money back to very profitable. Tonight at chch was a tidy profit. I anchored Boston Billy, Cant catch Tim and Opawa shackley and in another leg had Homebush Kelso and Paperbond (pretty easy) and wide the other 2 legs. Paid $150! Not to blowass just thought id show you how I played it tonight as others may find it helpful. Obviously Boston Billy's race made the divvie! I've also made tidy profits from Place6s that pay $10-$20odd due to the amount of combos you can get running through it.

Some great picking in here. That Boston Billy tip was gold. Wish I'd seen it earlier as I missed on the place 6 from the first leg. I have noticed that if the favourites miss out in the first leg it pays well. Should take my own advice from that but really thought Kava Blu would at least place given the previous big run behind the "supa dog" (haha Wasa hadn't changed)

Not denying your frustration Racing 84 as I assume you took a spread, but I thought the Cambridge place 6 paid pretty well given the divvies. I tend to look for meetings that have lots of anchors and preferably a two divvie race and go for multiple $ worth. So yesterday's was ideal with 4 anchors. Nangar Star's been flying and was the only C5 in the C4/5 race (albeit Melham was only recently downgraded).

But yes hard luck if you go for a smaller percentage you really needed one or both of Mi Tensile or Cool Marlow to miss out.

10 hours ago, bblunt said:

Some great picking in here. That Boston Billy tip was gold. Wish I'd seen it earlier as I missed on the place 6 from the first leg. I have noticed that if the favourites miss out in the first leg it pays well. Should take my own advice from that but really thought Kava Blu would at least place given the previous big run behind the "supa dog" (haha Wasa hadn't changed)

Not denying your frustration Racing 84 as I assume you took a spread, but I thought the Cambridge place 6 paid pretty well given the divvies. I tend to look for meetings that have lots of anchors and preferably a two divvie race and go for multiple $ worth. So yesterday's was ideal with 4 anchors. Nangar Star's been flying and was the only C5 in the C4/5 race (albeit Melham was only recently downgraded).

But yes hard luck if you go for a smaller percentage you really needed one or both of Mi Tensile or Cool Marlow to miss out.

;)Any dog that wins over $110,000 in nz is most definitely is a super dog  wouldn't you say, Group1 races only earn $11.400 average, very sad but nice to see the new guys are trying to put up more respectable prize money. :D

Not denying the quality of the dog at all mate. Top shelfer for sure. Made plenty off him including tonight when I get the last leg of the quaddie fingers crossed. Only got the 2 and 3 in it. Last time he ran I got the tri 60x. Went straight Supa Dog/Kava Blu/Marlissa you beauty