RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pete

Steve Davis

5 minutes ago, pete said:

Just watching Karaka and huge ups for Steve's auctioneering skills. 

Best around by a long way.

Steve Davis is an auctioneering genius, if I am selling he is the only one I want and if I am buying I want him locked in the toilet!! The man can extract money out of wallets easier than a beautiful naked 20+ year old young lady holding a cold six pack!!

Hi everyone, since just before 6pm some of our channels have been unavailable due to a technical fault at our Albany broadcast centre. We've got all hands on deck to get this sorted as quickly as we can. The majority of our channels are still available however about 30 are currently affected. I'll update you as soon as I have any developments. Sorry to interrupt your viewing! 
^Max @ SKY

This was on Trade Me forum earlier tonight........

20 hours ago, Jefferson said:

Steve Davis is an auctioneering genius, if I am selling he is the only one I want and if I am buying I want him locked in the toilet!! The man can extract money out of wallets easier than a beautiful naked 20+ year old young lady holding a cold six pack!!

That is a magnificent and well deserved commendation but I feel we need to test it just to be 100% sure :)  

Fantastic on the sizzle but not quite there on the sausage, but nonetheless a great entertainer on the rostrum.

Note he got subbed off with about 8 to go last night, just before the Frankel colt. That speaks volumes.

On 27/01/2016 at 3:41 PM, Midget said:

Fantastic on the sizzle but not quite there on the sausage, but nonetheless a great entertainer on the rostrum.

Note he got subbed off with about 8 to go last night, just before the Frankel colt. That speaks volumes.

They auction in lots of 10, so no subbing, you will notice if you watched the screening, until it cut out, every 10 they change to the next auctioneer.

12 minutes ago, Midget said:

Surely not, change auctioneer every twenty minutes !!! You're stroking me.....

Sorry I lied to you, just checked the tape again, it is every 20 lots religiously.......so I am human after all.

7 minutes ago, Canelo said:

Even so you can still orchestrate it to allow your number 1 auctioneer to be on the top lot. I like the young guy too(name escapes me) he is good and a really friendly bloke. 

Number 1 auctioneer, hmmm, he is the Chairman, he is good and out of respect he was always going to do that lot. The potential buyers are not people you can Steve Davis (the best) extract additional bids from. Just like horses different people have different views, as too the best austioneer, but all I know is talking with breeders the most common theme is "I hope Steve Davis sells my horses". They get him to the Oz sales as well, the man can sell.