RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Impressive data

3 hours ago, Midget said:

Karaka first day data looks good.

Fantastic results, no surprises that they are up, however the amount they were up by appeared to be where the surprise came. Definitely a sellers (breeders and NZB) market. I did think the clearance rate would also have been a lot better, but that won't be finalised until the sale completes, hopefully it does rise, because in some ways having more sold is a better result than increases in prices. Breeders do so to sell, but it is dreamworld to get great prices and a high clearance. Normally day 2 is stronger, but will have to work hard to do that, can't wait to see the final results. Question - was the Frankel 3 from the end accident or engineered?

4 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

No accident and not engineered, it is all about what letter the catalogue starts it and I am sure they and NZB would not have wanted him there but that is how it worked out because of where the catalogue was due to automatically start this year. There was no way to move it.

I always knew it was the letter of the alphabet that determines the order (broodmare), however what I don't know is does the letter roll to the next one each year or is the letter randomly drawn each year?

Solid results continue through the first two days of the select sale too.

With 317 horses sold on the first two days of the Select Sale, 51 more than at the same point last year, the aggregate is currently sitting at $19,245,200, well above last year’s figure of $13,309,500 on Day Two which represents a whopping increase of 45%. The median has risen to $50,000 from $36,750 at the same time last year, a massive increase of 36%. The median remains higher than last year’s final Sale average of $46,813. The clearance rate is a very healthy 79%.