RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
biff

Congrats Haunui!

A big congrats to Haunui for their quinella in the big one today, Iffraaj is a champion, years after year in both hemisphere's he delivers, and Showcasing is becoming a champion in his own right, Lisa's gutsy little filly went ever so close.

And congrats also to Otaki's Johno Benner, and Holly Wynyard, their lovely colt Kingsman got home like he's going to love the guineas next year, all in all an exciting race.

12 minutes ago, Insider said:

Other than the big one, Tony Pike's stable did everything they were expected to do and more.

I

Beautiful Insider. Raghu at $26FF was incredible.  Couldn't understand the protests against him. It was the second horse causing the problems.

As for Koenigsegg One he is a really nice horse and you will hear plenty more from him.  

Sacred Elixir was a very good run Ohokaman. He is not really a precocious 2yo type and will make into a lovely 3yo. His 2yo runs have been a bonus. He got back second last as he couldn't go early and was still back there turning in. He made ground late in the race with his best work the last 150m and was only two lengths from the winner at the finish. His last 400m sectional will have been very good. I didn't include him today in anything in this race but he is one to write down in your black book. ;)

Didn't take much notice of Scrutinize as I was on Raghu and then waited for the enquiry so only looked at those runners. Manalo Blahniq didn't finish off after sitting outside the winner and was gone pretty quickly I thought. Antonio was a bit slow away but Opie pushed him up to get into a trailing position, didn't have a lot of room at the 300m but shortly after was in the clear and thought he would pounce but there wasn't much there and he battled away for sixth. 

Good afternoon's racing all in all. 

Thanks Ted. Did not go to Ellerslie. Not my scene! Te Teko/Te Aroha more my style! They paid back to 9th and Michelle  got her into that spot at the finish to earn $2,500. Thrilled with her ride! Slow maturing filly who will be better next season over ground. Incidentally her dam Mistrale ran 9th in the 2005 Auckland Cup!

7 hours ago, gubellini said:

Ted half way down the straight Michelle in the twinkling of an eye swapped her whip from her left hand to the right. Amazing horsemanship! I prefer to find positives in Jockeys rides not negatives!

And she saw plenty of the Ellerslie track  ;) 

13 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

And bugger me...our Minister Anonymous suddenly rears his ugly head.....

image.jpg

Yes he will probably be thinking to himself today as he scoffs the finest tucker at Karaka how well the industry is going under his stewardship.  Million dollar races last night and millions of dollars being spent at the sale today - gee things could not be much better in the game could they?

No wonder he has that stupid grin on his face

23 minutes ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Yes he will probably be thinking to himself today as he scoffs the finest tucker at Karaka how well the industry is going under his stewardship.  Million dollar races last night and millions of dollars being spent at the sale today - gee things could not be much better in the game could they?

I wouldn't invite him or any Minister to race meetings like that or to the sales. Drag them around mid week race meetings, take them around the stables with under 50 horses, take them to South Island races, take them around studs outside the Waikato, so they get a balanced view, racing is not summarised by Wellington Cup day, Karaka Million evening, the first two days (Premier) of the sale, then we might get some action by this Government......NO, Tui Billboard!!

4 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

You can just hear Glenda and Co saying "See, we told you things are apples Minister...now just leave us alone and we might invite you back again next year.....now pass the bubbles ta...."

;)

27 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

You can just hear Glenda and Co saying "See, we told you things are apples Minister...now just leave us alone and we might invite you back again next year.....now pass the bubbles ta...."

;)

It would be amusing if it didn't make you want to puke............