RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
biff

Whats Rogie smoking?

Just saw the interview with Rogie at Trentham.....maybe his ties too tight and he's light on for oxygen to the brain........''once the politicians get the race fields legislation through racing will take off''.....Rogie, wake up man, no one overseas wants to bet on NZ racing........a man and his dog maybe........it's the other way around, we all bet on Ozzie racing cos the Oz TAB and corporates offer much better odds/returns......goose. Shake the shit out of the TAB here and smell the roses, get the house in order.......start with an earthquake in Petone.

Big article in the NZ Herald this morning,where Mr Rogerson reflects on NZ's crucial role in the global thoroughbred industry.He talks about an "'''OFFSHORE BOOKMAKER FEE"" and a '''Threat on the scene that is sucking an estimated $20million annually from our sporting scene.'''.

He also says''''I am all for resurging racing industry in NZ and getting that winning feeling going viral""""

He has a hard job ahead.

Three words come to mind in no particular order......sailed .....ship.......already..

I'ts time Rogie, the old folks home beckons, you silly twit.  Who died and made you God. There must be hundreds like me who have multiple accounts offshore and put sweet FA  though on NZ racing......if you were a punter Rogie you might understand, come see me mate I'll put you straight, we shared stables in Oz, but that was the good old days when money meant something.

Pretty easy to sit back anonymously behind the safety of a keyboard and continually criticize NZ racing. No its not in a good way at the moment, but yes it can get better. Rather than hiding behind the computer screen wouldn't it be far more constructive to say, start a thread airing your issues and you proposed resolutions to those issues. I agree that Petone are getting it wrong and on a regular basis, but complaining anonymously on social media certainly isn't going to change anything. Change starts with forward thinking and proactivity..... Just my 2 cents

Michael D Boland 

I spent the last couple of weeks trying to sort out form in rating 65 races at Trentham and it is impossible, most of the fields are coming out of $7,000 races. That just isn't the way that sort of stakes and class structure is supposed to work. It's why I do virtually all of my betting in Oz.

11 minutes ago, MiDeBo Racing said:

Pretty easy to sit back anonymously behind the safety of a keyboard and continually criticize NZ racing. No its not in a good way at the moment, but yes it can get better. Rather than hiding behind the computer screen wouldn't it be far more constructive to say, start a thread airing your issues and you proposed resolutions to those issues. I agree that Petone are getting it wrong and on a regular basis, but complaining anonymously on social media certainly isn't going to change anything. Change starts with forward thinking and proactivity..... Just my 2 cents

Michael D Boland 

Have a talk to the people that have tried to do that.

13 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I spent the last couple of weeks trying to sort out form in rating 65 races at Trentham and it is impossible, most of the fields are coming out of $7,000 races. That just isn't the way that sort of stakes and class structure is supposed to work. It's why I do virtually all of my betting in Oz.

And Michael, this points out a very good example of that nonsensity.

3 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Big article in the NZ Herald this morning,where Mr Rogerson reflects on NZ's crucial role in the global thoroughbred industry.He talks about an "'''OFFSHORE BOOKMAKER FEE"" and a '''Threat on the scene that is sucking an estimated $20million annually from our sporting scene.'''.

He also says''''I am all for resurging racing industry in NZ and getting that winning feeling going viral""""

He has a hard job ahead.

Three words come to mind in no particular order......sailed .....ship.......already..

He sounds like Glenda and her mates have been feeding him the line and he's swallowed it....thought he had more nous.

15 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I've never been called Michael before. Better than Dick I suppose.

That was meant to point out that your point WD about the insanity of tiered racing wrt punters making sense of the cheating it requires when the same horses running on industry days rock up on premier days for vastly higher stakes, is an example of the insanity that Michael pointed out. Please don't be a Dick.

The trouble in NZ is that we really only have one pool of horses and they turn up in $7,000 races one week and $40,000 races the following week. Ideally one set of horses would stick to the $7,000 races, and occasionally venture out, and the other group of horses would stick to the $30,000 - $40,000 races, then we could assess form properly as we do with Australian racing.

2 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Yeahh but we don't have the horses for that kind of structure which they continue to try and create. Hence the cheating and absence of a middle of the road more competitive and more likely  sustainable stakes structure.

Very, very astute Leggy. That approach doesn't work here, so why are we trying to impose it?

4 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Yeahh but we don't have the horses for that kind of structure which they continue to try and create. Hence the cheating and absence of a middle of the road more competitive and more likely  sustainable stakes structure.

This could almost be the most sensible sentence I have ever seen on here. 

It should be the headline for the agenda the next time NZTR or NZRB have a meeting.

They would happily pay a marketing firm or management consultant $50,000 to come up with that statement.

On 1/23/2016 at 9:30 PM, We're Doomed said:

Very, very astute Leggy. That approach doesn't work here, so why are we trying to impose it?

because we have an Australian at the helm who thinks initiative is copying what they do in Australia!

Roughly 40% of the horses traded at Karaka yesterday are going offshore, probably more once the pass in's are paid for, great export dollars, but the domestic market will pay the price. Of course the domestic horses will also be contenders to be traded later in the year at the ready to run, plus the 'performers' from this sale will also disappear.....today will be no exception.

Perhaps if we rivalled Oz stakes wise or even got close, if we provided the conditions like, incentives and starters bonus's to encourage owners, new owners, to race here, our good horses would remain, our outstanding young yearlings could grow into great Kiwi athletes, what a great world [racing] we would have.......when I look at the smug dial on Mr Guy at Karaka, what a hide to even turn up there, I feel sick in the pit of my belly, I bet a lot of you do too.