RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JOHNRYAN

Jay and Sailesh

Just got the cash in race 9 at Otaki. Jay waited till his brother had gone well past before getting stuck into River Emperor. He cannot argue it doesn't respond to the whip. Sat and sat and sat then got up it to hold 2nd.

But probably the same stewards who got into Luk Chin last week will do nothing.

Watch the video later.

Get a life.

jay could have womped up the straight and still would have finished second. He only hit it to make sure he kept second. Sailesh never hit his horse at all with the stick. Was always going far too good

your obviously a bored lonely person or a chronic underachiever who try's to bring people down

do us all a favor and take up deep sea fishing where there is no tv reception or internet

I also had no issue at all with Jay's drive. Almost impossible to believe johnryan is a harness driver himself as he claims. No doubt he will be back shortly to tell us we know nothing about harness racing etc :)

1 hour ago, TRT said:

I find it very funny how you guys bag johnryan for criticizing drives when  everyone else does the same thing on this site hypocrites much haha

As you find it funny TRT I will explain the dynamic.

johnevensryan has been passing himself off as a successful harness driver since the 2014 Ashburton Stakes won by Adore Me.  He has never produced one bit of evidence to substantiate him being a harness driver despite numerous requests. Nobody on the site can verify his claims. Anonymity is totally cool but if you're going to try and add weight to your yarn by saying you are a driver yourself you must then validate that claim. John happily routinely rubbishes drivers himself then ridicules anyone else who critiques a drive as an ignorant novice. Two things make his critiques stand out from the rest. The first being he is the only alleged harness driver in the world who routinely uses a harness website to publicly critique alleged colleagues. Then you look at his critiques themselves. They invariably involve a favourite who ran second. When you examine the critique it is quickly found to be totally devoid of merit. In a nutshell he is 1 million light years away from being a harness driver and his very damning criticisms have little or no merit whatsoever. If you point out to him the drive was perfectly acceptable he will remind you about him being a driver himself and you being a novice.

If on the other hand you suggest something was not 100% about a drive yourself he will quickly come on here and again remind you what a novice you are. He is obviously the only person among us who can read a race and has a valid point to make when critiquing a drive. Perhaps now you better understand the 16 month old dynamic.

1 hour ago, hsvman said:

Quinella with the brothers paid nicely apparently 

The ten hits jay had to gave his one to cross the leader shows that the front wasn't just going to be given to him 

You are 100% correct hsvman but don't go confusing johnryan with actual facts.

3 hours ago, themagicman said:

As you find it funny TRT I will explain the dynamic.

johnevensryan has been passing himself off as a successful harness driver since the 2014 Ashburton Stakes won by Adore Me.  He has never produced one bit of evidence to substantiate him being a harness driver despite numerous requests. Nobody on the site can verify his claims. Anonymity is totally cool but if you're going to try and add weight to your yarn by saying you are a driver yourself you must then validate that claim. John happily routinely rubbishes drivers himself then ridicules anyone else who critiques a drive as an ignorant novice. Two things make his critiques stand out from the rest. The first being he is the only alleged harness driver in the world who routinely uses a harness website to publicly critique alleged colleagues. Then you look at his critiques themselves. They invariably involve a favourite who ran second. When you examine the critique it is quickly found to be totally devoid of merit. In a nutshell he is 1 million light years away from being a harness driver and his very damning criticisms have little or no merit whatsoever. If you point out to him the drive was perfectly acceptable he will remind you about him being a driver himself and you being a novice.

If on the other hand you suggest something was not 100% about a drive yourself he will quickly come on here and again remind you what a novice you are. He is obviously the only person among us who can read a race and has a valid point to make when critiquing a drive. Perhaps now you better understand the 16 month old dynamic.

Yeah but he's good for a laugh

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 0:06 PM, hsvman said:

Quinella with the brothers paid nicely apparently 

The ten hits jay had to gave his one to cross the leader shows that the front wasn't just going to be given to him 

What about the No hits when his brother came out and past him? If you had driven a horse in a race you'd know that plenty are reluctant to cross over to the front especially at speed early on.

It's still the only time in my life that I have witnessed a driver not move a muscle whilst a horse ran past it in the straight but then receive an almighty hiding when being challenged for second.

If you can't work it out even with my explaining it to you then there's not much use in explaining it.

We can't  all be drivers such as yourself John but I have watched enough races in my time to know that when a trailer comes off the back of the leader well before the passing lane instead of waiting for it generally it means they are traveling well better than the leader. Now I'm sure jay must have had a fair idea the trailer was travelling better than he was and was always going to out sprint his charge so rather than hitting the horse when a difference was not going to be made he waited until the use of the whip helped hold a horse he could hold out with a bit of use with stick.

My main concern with this family wasn't so much the driving of any horses, more the little run big brother had, getting a couple of 11 and 12 year old trotters back into the winning circle a few months back.....certainly made me sit back and take notice at the time

I thought I might have been onto something with Lebron and Eclipse Me (both good horses) in tonight.

I knew Eclipse Me would get a good run through and could around and got an easy lead and give Lebron the trail the whole way.

But Maurice McKendry after getting through to the 1-1 after a few meters took the chickens way out, dropped back to 3 the pegs thereby giving his horse no chance and ended up an unlucky 4th.

Yes the stable got the win, but it could of easily been the quinella if they had used their heads.

I would like to think a smaller stable, when the opportunity arises, that they would 'team drive' as you would put it, obviously not this stable.

It seems Maurice really only shows aggression when on the Green trained horses nowadays, others he just sits and sits and sits.

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 8:46 PM, hsvman said:

We can't  all be drivers such as yourself John but I have watched enough races in my time to know that when a trailer comes off the back of the leader well before the passing lane instead of waiting for it generally it means they are traveling well better than the leader. Now I'm sure jay must have had a fair idea the trailer was travelling better than he was and was always going to out sprint his charge so rather than hitting the horse when a difference was not going to be made he waited until the use of the whip helped hold a horse he could hold out with a bit of use with stick.

rubbish.