RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

Our Waikiki Beach

Can you believe that Trackside were not going to televise the race for his attempt at 13 wins in a row and remain unbeaten because it was going to clash with a greyhound heat from Wanganui....... worth $3,600. FFS where are your priorities here ???. Couldn't some scheduling have been considered.

Race is now scheduled to be on Ch63 at 6.48pm instead so 1 nil to the rabbit killers.

Pretty sure this is the first time Courage Under Fire was rolled. January 2000

Race 6 - 23:00 - INTERDOMINION 2ND PACING HEAT (MOONEE VY R6)MOBILE 2060 m
Stake: $50,000 Track: Firm Weather: Fine
#
Name
Jockey/Driver/Trainer
Win
Place

10 Kyema Kid Darren Hancock 82.45 6.90
1 OK Oskar Graeme Morgan   3.20
8 Courage Under Fire Colin De Filippi   1.00
Bet Type
Runners
Dividend

Quinella 8, 10 19.05
Trifecta 10:8:1 2134.35
Treble 3/5/10 400.80
ALSO RAN:
2-Our London Pride-Anthony Butt(n/aL),
3-Slybye-Alan Mizzi (j)(n/aL),
4-Luke Of Earl-Kerryn Manning(n/aL),
5-Zyuganov Leis-Dennis Wilson(n/aL),
6-Ole Black Magic-Phillip Gath(n/aL),
7-Troublesome Fella-John Justice(n/aL),
9-Whitecliff Whistler-Bradley Connelly(n/aL),
11-Kid Me Not-Gavin Lang(n/aL),
13-Bradshaw-Peter Manning(n/aL).
Note: Numbers shown are the distance from winner in lengths.
Winning Margins: 3/4L, 2-3/4L, n/a
Trainer: D Hancock, Australia
Breeding: 8 g Windshield Wiper-Clare's Way
Scratched: 12-Spell It Out.
SUB: 8
Winners Time: 2:31.9

4 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Race is now scheduled to be on Ch63 at 6.48pm instead so 1 nil to the rabbit killers.

I've heard them called dish lickers etc but never rabbit killers. I take it you're not a big fan of the 15 second Hyena races then Ivanthegreat? :)

Must confess I find camel and hippo racing more interesting. Not so good to bet on.

On 1/15/2016 at 10:16 PM, Trident said:

Pretty sure this is the first time Courage Under Fire was rolled. January 2000

Race 6 - 23:00 - INTERDOMINION 2ND PACING HEAT (MOONEE VY R6)MOBILE 2060 m
Stake: $50,000 Track: Firm Weather: Fine
#
Name
Jockey/Driver/Trainer
Win
Place

10 Kyema Kid Darren Hancock 82.45 6.90
1 OK Oskar Graeme Morgan   3.20
8 Courage Under Fire Colin De Filippi   1.00
Bet Type
Runners
Dividend

Quinella 8, 10 19.05
Trifecta 10:8:1 2134.35
Treble 3/5/10 400.80
ALSO RAN:
2-Our London Pride-Anthony Butt(n/aL),
3-Slybye-Alan Mizzi (j)(n/aL),
4-Luke Of Earl-Kerryn Manning(n/aL),
5-Zyuganov Leis-Dennis Wilson(n/aL),
6-Ole Black Magic-Phillip Gath(n/aL),
7-Troublesome Fella-John Justice(n/aL),
9-Whitecliff Whistler-Bradley Connelly(n/aL),
11-Kid Me Not-Gavin Lang(n/aL),
13-Bradshaw-Peter Manning(n/aL).
Note: Numbers shown are the distance from winner in lengths.
Winning Margins: 3/4L, 2-3/4L, n/a
Trainer: D Hancock, Australia
Breeding: 8 g Windshield Wiper-Clare's Way
Scratched: 12-Spell It Out.
SUB: 8
Winners Time: 2:31.9

Was it this race where he also said something like "someone show the horse where to go for third because he doesn't know"?

3 hours ago, Bruce M said:

I see the quinella was paid on 8 & 10...so first and third but there's also something weird about the trifecta being paid on 10-8-1.

From the  days before percentage trifectas when they paid out on nearest combination if no one picked correctly i would guess...back when all trifectas were terminating..Not like nowadays when the betting pools are harvested for funds to do as they like.

16 minutes ago, jayar said:

According to the Alabar site he never finished in 3rd place in all his starts.

HRNZ has him down for 2nd in this same race aswell. 22nd Jan 2000. I think I would trust the TAB more than them tho. I'm sure someone will clarify. 

While searching for his race record I came across this article and found it to be rather  peculiar. http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=1676     

I'm unsure if Courage ran second or third when he got rolled for the first time. The NZ TAB has him third but numerous other sites have him down as running second.

Hooters (cool name) is correct in saying as there were no % betting,pools were often paid out on count back. The below PDF link shows the longest winning streaks of Australasian horses. Some big names in there, It also shows who beat them and what placing they achieved. They have Courage Under Fire down as finishing second.

There is something flat about your winning streak being halted by a horse nobody remembers. Nothing wrong with being rolled for the first time by Pure Steel,Bag Limit or Gammalite.

I knew I Can Doosit had an impressive winning run for Mark Purdon but didn't realize it was 18.

I see Noodlum in there on 15. 

http://www.harness.org.au/hra/annual/public/records/lwstreak.pdf

1 hour ago, Trident said:

I'm unsure if Courage ran second or third when he got rolled for the first time. The NZ TAB has him third but numerous other sites have him down as running second.

Hooters (cool name) is correct in saying as there were no % betting,pools were often paid out on count back. The below PDF link shows the longest winning streaks of Australasian horses. Some big names in there, It also shows who beat them and what placing they achieved. They have Courage Under Fire down as finishing second.

There is something flat about your winning streak being halted by a horse nobody remembers. Nothing wrong with being rolled for the first time by Pure Steel,Bag Limit or Gammalite.

I knew I Can Doosit had an impressive winning run for Mark Purdon but didn't realize it was 18.

I see Noodlum in there on 15. 

http://www.harness.org.au/hra/annual/public/records/lwstreak.pdf

I'm going off memory but isn't that the race where Colin De Fillipi tried to get an edge and mistimed his sprint at the start of the race- horse ended up with his head under the mobile gate and went off stride?