RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jasonmccook1

PUNTERS CLUB NUMBER 12

Well welcome to a new year and to Punters Club number 12. We have lost 3 members from Club 11 but have had 1 person return (Welcome back Bluewaters) and have 1 new member ( Huge welcome to Albert) so we only need one more person to fill our club up to the 22 members we need.

Club will run for 22 weeks from 23rd January until 18th June and each member will be paired up and bet twice being allocated $220 each to invest.

Weekly payments of $21 or if paying in full with be $462 and this is to be deposited by bank transfer into:

J A & S L McCook

Kiwibank 38-9000-0352672-04

Confirmed Members

Jason/Sarah

Nek Minute

Tiger Tiger

Blind Squirrel

Catalano

Bluewater

Brown Fox

Albert

Cubes

Ohokaman

Bryce

Mooseman

Kudalini

Tom

Trapdak

Chestnut

Porky

Group 1 Winner

Baxter

Steve Paul

Gaf

Thought I would start with asking for ideas for some simple rules and what my thoughts are on them.

cut off time for getting bets in?? I think 11am at the latest on a Saturday so I can still do things with the family

minimum bet amount and bet values?? At least $10 bets so I can use phonebet so don't have to place online or do we increase minimum so $20 + to increase winnings? also think minimum value of say multiple bets should be at least 20% unit or higher as getting 5% of a small quaddie does not spread very far.

One other thing I would like to happen would be the pair to discuss between themselves the night before what meetings and races are they are going to target as too many times in the last club that we had multis and quaddies going where both punters have different selections in same races and we missed completely. As at the end of the day we all have the same objection and that is to make money for the club.

Interested to hear other peoples view and majority will rule with final make up of rules.

Good Morning Jason

May I suggest that all bets be in multiples of $20 including exotics......

Examples

Win bet = min $20

Place bet = min $20

Each Way = min $20/20

Quinella = min $20

Double = min $20

Treble = min $20

Exotics = min $20

Percentage bets = min $20

Place all bets on Fixed odds

This would generally get good returns when successful

I am using this minimum of $20 for a bets in a Punters Club on my website and after backing favourites is showing a 11.6% profit after two Saturdays.

Cheers and Good Luck

Brian

Good Morning Jason

Examples

Win bet = min $20

Place bet = min $20

Each Way = min $20/20

Quinella = min $20

Double = min $20

Treble = min $20

Exotics = min $20

I am using this minimum of $20 for a bets in a Punters Club on my website and after backing favourites is showing a 11.6% profit after two Saturdays.

Cheers and Good Luck

Brian

3 hours ago, Kundalini said:

Good Morning Jason

Examples

Win bet = min $20

Place bet = min $20

Each Way = min $20/20

Quinella = min $20

Double = min $20

Treble = min $20

Exotics = min $20

Cheers and Good Luck

Brian

Your double treble quinellas are you meaning $20 units or $20 total ? Also with % bets I think it should be a minimum % not a minimum spend as could spend $100 but only have 5% (pick six excluded ). I think % of 20-25% minimum. Just my thoughts 

Jason.....minimum $20 per unit......example...1 x 2 = $40....1 x 2 x 3 = $60 etc

I am trying to discourage  percentage bets for two reasons......lack of success in the past and you need a much bigger bank than we have to get a good spread of chances.

Cheers

Brian

1 hour ago, Kundalini said:

Jason.....minimum $20 per unit......example...1 x 2 = $40....1 x 2 x 3 = $60 etc

I am trying to discourage  percentage bets for two reasons......lack of success in the past and you need a much bigger bank than we have to get a good spread of chances.

Cheers

Brian

$20 units could be too steep as even a $40 double and say $5 units is still $200. This is why I opened up this conversation to see what people think.

I think $5 units  treb double quinella at a minimum but if everyone feel $20 we will do so. 

I just want to get away from small bets as we need roughies to get decent collects. Other idea is maximum number of bets per punter or do we not touch that ? As I'm in a syndicate at local tab where each bettor has same amount as our and they limited it to 5 bets max per punter.

Once discussion is over I might start a new thread to post bets .

3 hours ago, Kundalini said:

Jason....a horse paying $2.50 to win is more likely to win than any ruffies....my suggestions is an attempt to remove greed from the equation.....

I think we all have our own style of betting and I'm afraid your plan wouldn't suit me. Different people betting different horses in different manner is what I believe a Punters Club is all about - otherwise you might as well have the same person betting week after week.doing the same thing. Pretty boring really.

I agree that getting 10-20% of a Trifecta, treble etc. is fairly meaningless however the Club is run over X number of weeks and my objective is to first and foremost return my stake for that week and then make a profit after that to perhaps help those unfortunate enough not to have a collect or by chance strike a big one..

I agree that having 20 $5ew bets isn't that good an idea but it's not my place to tell someone not to do this - what I would say however is I don't see the point in taking 10-15% Quaddies or First 4's in Australian pools where the pool size doesn't get over $5k e.g. Brisbane Saturdays if no guarantee from TAB and no co-mingling.

Also not in favour of having bets combined with the other punter on the day - If I've left a horse(s) out of a Treble/Quaddie it's because I don't think it can win - whether it's paying $1.50 or $150. Happy to message fellow punter and find out what they are doing and vice versa but at the end of the day I really don't care what they are betting on as long as it wins hahahahaha

In short (after a good ramble) - I'm in favour of people betting how they want to and best of british to ya!!

40 minutes ago, Blind Squirrel said:

I think we all have our own style of betting and I'm afraid your plan wouldn't suit me. Different people betting different horses in different manner is what I believe a Punters Club is all about - otherwise you might as well have the same person betting week after week.doing the same thing. Pretty boring really.

I agree that getting 10-20% of a Trifecta, treble etc. is fairly meaningless however the Club is run over X number of weeks and my objective is to first and foremost return my stake for that week and then make a profit after that to perhaps help those unfortunate enough not to have a collect or by chance strike a big one..

I agree that having 20 $5ew bets isn't that good an idea but it's not my place to tell someone not to do this - what I would say however is I don't see the point in taking 10-15% Quaddies or First 4's in Australian pools where the pool size doesn't get over $5k e.g. Brisbane Saturdays if no guarantee from TAB and no co-mingling.

Also not in favour of having bets combined with the other punter on the day - If I've left a horse(s) out of a Treble/Quaddie it's because I don't think it can win - whether it's paying $1.50 or $150. Happy to message fellow punter and find out what they are doing and vice versa but at the end of the day I really don't care what they are betting on as long as it wins hahahahaha

In short (after a good ramble) - I'm in favour of people betting how they want to and best of british to ya!!

You do make a good point I don't want to dictate how people bet and yes everyone betting styles are different.  My big gripe is the conflicting bets in same race so if there are discussions between pairs be awesome. Minimum bet of $10 must stand though as need to be able to do phonebet as internet tab and myself aren't the best of friends at the moment (I'm not a big bettor but pressing the wrong button online cost me $7000 so I stay clear now)

Jason and Punters Club....I was not trying to dictate how members bet, but a little irked at getting $4.90 for a percentage bet in PC 11....unless someone gets real lucky, it will be difficult to even get your money back....not really my idea of punting fun....

On the basis that there are 20 odd members in the current PC and although I have had a lot of support off air... I'm Out.....some may say good riddens.....your choice....my previous bet returns were well over $1,000

Wishing Everyone Good Fun

Brian

22 hours ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Personally , I find it hard to pick multiple winners , so I will make Jasons work load light .

What I need to know ; Is Saturday the only day to pick .

Are thoroughbreds the only bet type.

I will enjoy following any and all , so I,m with Jason and what he says as he is the one doing the hard job.

Good luck all . May lady luck smile on us all.

Hi Albert :)   Nope..you can bet on what you like.... tbreds.. harness... sport..  whatever takes our fancy.. on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.. just let Jase know in advance what your pref is...   you can even bet on flies racing up your wall if the TAB has odds on it and Jase can get the bet on in time ..  :)

Yup chestnut has summed it up perfectly as long as I know to look out for bets and get plenty of notice (I think last year I asked for at least an hour prior to the bet starting but more notice the better) . I enjoy having people betting on different things.

You will enjoy it Albert as great bunch of members 

Looking forward to new round...Even though we havn,t cracked a biggie yet...lost count of 2nd,s in last legs trebs/quads/ etc.

Could have been a couple of nice collects and I like me trebles...(always pay over all up price) so will stick with em .

It,s a bit like the Lotto...someone will chuck Aunty Beths birthday no.s in one day, and we,ll be laughing.

Will start the A/P this week Jase and Sarah

Cheers