RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
2Piper

Today's Px6 at Nelson

It's 100k up for grabs today.

here's my selections for under $50 (10%)

leg1 :  (3) Paddy McCole, (9) Chuck Norris, (13) Mrs Brown's Boy

leg 2 : (3) Tirol's Rocket , (8) Patrick Bee, (10) Rah De Rah

leg 3 : (2)Sauchiehall, (3) Whoosh Factor, (4) She's Extreme

leg4 : (1) Joey Maguire, (9) Usain Colt

leg5 : (2) Smoken Roman, (4) Astro Boy , (5) Western Art, (6) Free Falling

leg6 : (1) Shillelagh, (2) Zena Mac, (9) Emily Blunt , (10) Bite The Bullet

= $43.20 for 10%

My first choices are Mrs Brown's Boy, Tirol's Rocket, Sauchiehall, Joey Maguire,  Western Art and Emily Blunt

substitute's if scratched later :Kotare Kasai, Rock Diva, Kotare Yael, Albuquerque, Smithy, Onedin Highlander

see i how i go

dare you to : ...

pick and post yours

My calculation of the horses he took came to $2800 for 100%.  I have noticed recently that pick 6's are quite often shown as half the real amount for the 100% where there is quite a few selections. Has anyone else noticed this?

9 minutes ago, Overcheck said:

My calculation of the horses he took came to $2800 for 100%.  I have noticed recently that pick 6's are quite often shown as half the real amount for the 100% where there is quite a few selections. Has anyone else noticed this?

50 cent unit ?

1 hour ago, kakama said:

Well,  my picks piss poor today.

My main bet was centred around tangos delight, never got a go.

Just one of those days:lol:

Certainty beaten Kak...Gavin Smith was going everywhere trying to get a run.

If it had stayed in the trail, game over. Gavin won't be impressed Free Falling stuffed him up, having won on it first day...!

13 hours ago, Mainland Rookie said:

$18000 return if you had that much to put on! Were a few you could've weeded out if you wanted to make it slightly shorter.

4 of my first choices won: 3 were favorites , 2 were successful, the two I missed with ended sitting parked when speed was on, won by the second favorite and 5th favourite respectively.

I noticed most of the day a lot of drivers went too early to attack the leaders and their horses paid the price half way down the home straight. Think Canterbury drivers not used to driving the 2400m on a roomy track like Nelson. Some tried to replicate their drive from Friday (failed then) , others tried a completely different tact and got their timing wrong.

2 hours ago, Overcheck said:

If it cost $2800 then $1400 would give you 50% of the dividend not 100%. I think I am right in saying that.

Hi. P6 has always been a 50c unit, so to get the cost for the full unit is : No of combinations ie 1 x 2 x 3 x 4 x 5 x 6= ? x .5 to give the cost of a full unit

So $1400 is the correct amount for a full unit, so whatever it paid ,$18 oddK, would be the dividend you receive. Hope this helps.

I see what you are saying CosmicBlackie and 2Piper which explains the $1400 cost. Thank you both for that.  If however when the runners calculate out to say 120 and they show it as $120 for 100% which they often do, then you are getting the div twice, and it seems strange why they would do that.

Hi again. A little hard to get your head around I know but the example you use, eg $120 for 100% would mean that you are only getting the dividend ONCE, 100%, which is a 50c unit. The 100 % they use is for the 50c unit cost. The cost for a 100% unit is always the numbers of runners divided by 2 .Cheers.

All good. Because it is a 50c unit, with percentage betting, the least you value you can take of P6 is 10% ( or 5c worth in money terms) and because of this, you can never get an uneven numbers worth of P6, always rises in 2% units because of the 5c minimum . ie  5c =10%,6c=12%,7c=14% etc. Don't believe anyone who says they got, for example , "27% of the P6". It's impossible.

Also on your ticket, if it says "at a minimum of  x %", it means you've overspent the minimum to get to the value, and the extra few cents or dollars will be spent on the lowest number of your combinations in the first leg, with all other numbers in subsequent legs, and so on, till all you've spent is used up. Thats' why luck can come into it sometimes if your'e lucky enough to strike it, and receive an extra 2%. Clear as mud? Ha.

Cheers.