RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Cameron's Ride On Mime Under Review

gubellini...

Well put!

However, Mr Cameron has no need to prove that he is a very good jockey as his accomplishments testify in favour of this fact on his behalf. The same applies to Mrs Allpress.

I hope that Ms Payne rides a blinder for you and I wish the both of you (and your horse) the very best of luck. If, however, subsequent to the event, you demure from analysing the ride with Ms Payne, then you are doing neither of you any favours, as, given your experience and, I believe, your expertise, you have something of substance to offer. On the other hand, if you, actually, mean that you would not publically berate "your" jockey but make any apparent negatives known to her in private, I would fully support your position.

All the best.

Ashoka

Judicial Control Authority reserves its decision in Cameron case

By Jamie Searle

A hearing into Matthew Cameron's ride on Mime at Ellerslie on January 9 ended in Auckland on Monday with the Judicial Control Authority reserving its decision.

Cameron was charged for not taking all reasonable and permissible measures to ensure Mime was given full opportunity to obtain the best possible finish at Ellerslie.  

The Racing Integrity Unit's co-chief stipendiary steward Ross Neal said the JCA panel of Geoff Hall and Noel McCutcheon gave no indication when the decision would be released. 

Neal and steward Matthew Williamson were the Integrity Unit's representatives at the hearing. Cameron's lawyer was Alan Galbraith QC and their case was supported with evidence from jockey Michael Coleman.

Monday's hearing went for three hours 15 minutes in the stewards' room at Ellerslie racecourse.

Mime was last in a 12-horse field early in the run home when Cameron elected to switched the filly to the inside rather than come down the outside in a rating 75 1200m at Ellerslie. Mime finished second. Stewards opened an inquiry into Cameron's ride on the day but did not charge him until further investigations were made.

mmm - the delay here is a very bad look. It may be simplistic on my part but Matt getting to continue riding while this was delayed, while the young jock lost a ride in the Derby because the wheels of justice spun much quicker..... and yet Coleman carves up half the field in the Derby and gets to start his suspension after Cup Day......

Just looks wrong - even if the intricacies of it all mean it is above board.

Mmm where's the consistency and fairness in our judicial panel Matt Cameron gets a delayed hearing and now a reserved decision and can continue riding where as poor Michael mcnab gets an immediate hearing an immediate suspension and Mickey Coleman gets a delayed suspension wats going on with our system I guess in the end it depends who u are i guess that means osullivan and Scott will get slapped with a wet bus ticket certainly smells like it

On 6 March 2016 at 10:40 AM, gubellini said:

Good luck to Matt. If he is found guilty it will be a total injustice. Mime as I stated earlier in this thread is NOT a sprinter but a stayer as she has proved beyond doubt since.

Outsprinted quite a few in a race full of sprinters Gubi ? ...and that was with an interupted run to boot? What was she doing in the race and as fav in the first place? Why ride the horse so cold knowing your on a stayer? You make it sound like Cameron was riding Castletown

Gruff she had been freshened up for that race. The winner was going strongly at the line and not even Lester,Frankie or Steve Cauthen would have got her up! Maybe Pietro Gubellini would have but Mime is no Nearco!

30 minutes ago, biff said:

What were the sectionals for both horses, the last 400 of each horse will tell a tale in itself would it not?

Courtesy of formpro.co.nz

"

6 1200 R75 Hunapo 35.46

Hunapo 34.70 won well

Mime 34.54 weaved her way through from the back for a strong finishing second- ride queried

Rich Billie Marsh 36.18 set a decent tempo and held on well for third.

Triaction 35.94 battled ok for fourth

Miss Pareto 34.90 ran home well and back in R65 grade can be harder to beat.

Persuasive 34.78 got too far back and after clearing traffic, ran home well. Nice mare capable of better.

biff the only sectionals posted were the last 600m. Winner Hunapo 34.82. Mime 34.76. Hunapo won by 1and 3/4 lengths. Betting figures on the race were going to be scrutinised. Betting pools in N.Z are so pitifully small even at Ellerslie on a Saturday you have to wonder what the RIU are on about.

I'd so love to post examples of a dozen other rides that'd be far worse than MC on Mime, but I wouldn't want to get other jocks in the brown stuff that comes out of Petone so I won't do it.

The really interesting thing is that if he'd moved Mime 6 horse widths right to left no one would've noticed, but when you shift in rather than out the movement is exaggerated ( optical illusion ) because the majority or runners are drifting the other way.

I still think he'll get a lenient penalty though because one of the JCA panel was an ex jock who knows how these things work.

Thanks Gubellini, agree re RIU, what a bunch of tossers, if they backed the horse or didn't back the horse the only real trail is Betfair or the corps.......the hold here is pitiful, it makes them sound important though. 

10 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

Courtesy of formpro.co.nz

"

6 1200 R75 Hunapo 35.46

Hunapo 34.70 won well

Mime 34.54 weaved her way through from the back for a strong finishing second- ride queried

Rich Billie Marsh 36.18 set a decent tempo and held on well for third.

Triaction 35.94 battled ok for fourth

Miss Pareto 34.90 ran home well and back in R65 grade can be harder to beat.

Persuasive 34.78 got too far back and after clearing traffic, ran home well. Nice mare capable of better.

Thanks Gonsta.

Biff I am hoping that the Judicial Control Authority are starting to realise that the RIU is totally dysfunctional and that Mike Godber is totally out of his depth in his role in that organization. Just listen to him on Peter Earley's Trackside Radio show today to confirm my opinion.

Back on Jan 13th I posted on this thread (pg2) ...

"I will be the first to come on here and admit to a mistake if in a rich group race in the future, Mime is ridden at the back of the field and wins.
But history tells me when the money is up all participants seem more 'focused" and that will bring back memories of our office discussion on "dodgy" racing. "

Yip, it has won 2 biggies since the race in question. From relatively handy positions I seem to recall. :ph34r:

LastOf40 Correct but both over a middle distance! Mime's race in question was a swiftly run 1200m. race and she was coming back from 1600m. Reverse the situation and run Hunapo over 2000m and she would get beaten no matter who rode her!

No matter how you slice it or Dice it the 'nature' of the ride is its worst component,very lacksidazical.Far from his best work but as stated there have been many others more questionable.

Guest 2Admin2
8 hours ago, Gruff said:

No matter how you slice it or Dice it the 'nature' of the ride is its worst component,very lacksidazical.Far from his best work but as stated there have been many others more questionable.

Many more since involving favourites.  The worst thing about this episode is the continuing inconsistency.