RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Cameron's Ride On Mime Under Review

No. He has been charged with 636 (b) which is what the hearing will be about.

His statement relates to 636 (a) which he was not charged with hence my initial post on the statement. It related to something he was not charged with.  

Guest 2Admin2
3 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

No. He has been charged with 636 (b) which is what the hearing will be about.

His statement relates to 636 (a) which he was not charged with hence my initial post on the statement. It related to something he was not charged with.  

Well the way I read it he was cleared of all charges whatever rule they were applied under.

54 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Can't see much difference frankly Ted..the result is the same.

(a) means one has  deliberately pull a horse up. ie going out with the intent of not running a horse on it's merits.  Which is the sinister implication I referred to earlier in the thread and which I stated I believed was not the case.  

(b) is self -explanatory i would have thought  ie when a rider drops his hands and a number of different scenario's and more in line with bad error's of judgement. 

There would be huge difference in penalties between the two also with (a) a very serious charge.     

Matt's statement relates to any deliberate attempt 636(a) only (which he wasn't charged with...that's the way I read it.) 

It is nigh on impossible to find a jockey guilty on any of these charges...no point even trying unless you have very incriminating evidence, why did they challenge it in the first pace?Most on here find the ride 'acceptable', because they see it happening all the time....out of Ten how does this ride rate ? ...and what score warrants Judicial intervention? It seems most of you have it pegged at about 7...love to see what your 10s look like

I personally would rather that they are vigilant and have a look at rides or runs which raise concerns. If they then don't proceed so be it. At least it gives an impression that they are doing their jobs.

if you look at what goes on in harness racing and judicial inaction generally - well you wouldn't want that.

16 hours ago, gubellini said:

Stipendiary Stewards should be charged with wasting the J.C.A's time but I doubt if there is such a charge available.

The Stewards should be like the resturanter this week and dob themselves  into the authorities to close themselves down

i had posted a response to the article in line with Midget's reasoning but the site (crashed?) and obviously has been lost.

Correct Midget, I just hope for everyone's sake that Dillo is not out driving on our roads. There is an advert on TV at present where Specsavers are offering a special on their glasses  "Buy one pair get another pair free." which is ironic as Mike wouldn't be able to see it. :rolleyes:

Hesi, the horse is Getalonghome Cindy, not Adrenaline Rush that Matt should have come one out and into the gap between her and Buffalo Lass who was wider out. He only had to come the width of one horse wider but instead exited stage right and went all the way back down to the rail.  

I

Guest 2Admin2

I don't know what race you all are watching - you don't mention Persuasive coming out sharply and from that point Cameron had no choice but to find gaps on the inside.  As for the lack of vigour well it looks to me he paced the horse well to time the horses run through the gaps that emerged.  Any of your so called vigour would have had him climbing over the heels of those in front.  Although the front on does show him riding with "vigour" more so than the side on does and as well the horse is hanging and looks green.  As for gaps earlier in the race you're dreaming.

Look left Amin, not right towards the fence:

Have you done this yet?

Admin, I think you are continuing focusing on the wrong gap we are talking about. It is not between Persuasive (who had come out) and Adrenaline Rush, it was the outside of that runner. The gap was between Adrenaline Rush and Buffalo Lass,  just before George states "and Mime is stone motherless last." Actually, if you freeze the race video as he says that it will give you a perfect perspective. Mime was held up for five strides when the gap closed between Persuasive and Adrenaline Rush If he moved Mime out (one horse wide) and  through that gap he would have had a clear run to the line. Instead he chose to go further inside. Again, an error of judgement, which happens every race day.  

1 minute ago, themagicman said:

Are you ok Ted? I was a bit worried about you when I saw the site was down for a few minutes this morning. Hope you got through it ok. Best wishes.

I'm well thanks TMM. Will you let Jim Smith and Trident know as well. ;)

Guest 2Admin2

Ted when you say right you mean left and when you say left you mean right.

He couldn't go for that gap when he got pushed out of the gap he was going through by Persuasive he had to check Mime off the heels of the horse in front and Mime was hanging in.  If he had tried to get her head round to go for that gap he would have climbed over the top of the horse in front.  Now that I keep looking at it it was actually a nice piece of horsemanship to get second and still have a horse for another day.  Coleman should have copped a warning.

Not a problem TMM. I'm very resilient, that's why I have only had one user name since 2003.

Again, please let Jim Smith and Trident know all is well (and any of the others), they should all be in the same room as you. (Are you guys still at the Playboy Mansion or back in the mental asylum?) 

Forget the gaps, coming out, or going in, there are rides every week that are worse. It is almost like they put in a charge, mentioned some c**p about checking betting records, since cleared (of course). 2+3 on Weigh In this morning , some of you clearly don't watch so won't know (closet watchers I bet), said if Matt had come out he would have got 5th, going in great ride got 2nd. He said he would have done the same. Now the baggers will say that is a jockey sticking up for a jockey, me I thought the ride was ok and he can ride my horses any time. So pleased Matt has hired exceptional legal representation. 

10 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Not a problem TMM. I'm very resilient, that's why I have only had one user name since 2003.

Again, please let Jim Smith and Trident know all is well (and any of the others), they should all be in the same room as you. (Are you guys still at the Playboy Mansion or back in the mental asylum?) 

I have no idea who you are rdytdy or themagicman and don't care so why bring me into your silly game? I think you have a strong case of paranoia.

Over recent years there has been some serious falls with horses changing ground in the straight whilst others are stopping. Ellerslie as well is prone to horses suddenly veering in or out near the finish. Cameron took the safe option of keeping his horse under full control until clear air presented and did very well to get second. Had the horse out wide not been winning Cameron would have been praised for a brilliant ride. Why all this fuss is a real head scratcher.

Great weekend of racing coming up folks! I wonder which jockey is going to be lambasted by the "instant experts"?! I have a share in a horse running at Ellerslie tomorrow. Michelle Payne is riding it. I have a confession- whether or not she wins or runs last I will NOT criticise her ride!!!!!!