RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fiona

Rabbit's in vege garden??

Might I suggest you make a night of it, rent the Watership Down video and get a good central Otago Pinot, dress yourself up in a Playboy outfit and have some fun.

Always wondered what ex Jockeys did when they retire from the saddle :tongue:

Any way of getting bunnies out of my veggie garden, other than shooting them?

Are you rural or urban? I guess you can't be too rural or you could shoot them. Try a wire possum trap, but if your veg garden has many rabbit culinary delights, you will be lucky if you can tempt them into a trap. Best protection is a fence of chicken wire. Needs to be all round veg garden and you can attach it to existing fence with ring pliers and staples. Rabbits will soon learn to dig under the fence if your veg garden is full of stuff they really want. To stop this dig your netting into the ground . This is a bit of hard work but it depends how much you value your veges. Had rabbits invade my vege garden once in very isolated farm. Could not believe they ate onions and stuff like that. Have photos taken in Central Otago when there was a serious lack of rain , and the rabbits had chewed through big strainer posts. I don't have the photos on this computer, but can send them to you later if you are interested. Hope this helps.

I've got about 6 guns you can choose from if you wish, a 308, a fully muzzled 45 calibre, an under and over, 2 semi auto shotties, one of which is designed for firing heavy calibre solids....QUOTE]

I'll add to the arsenal with my little collection.

Sako .270, Remington .308, Berretta 12 gauge semi auto shotgun, Ruger .22 semi auto, Colt .223 Semi Auto (semi auto version of an M16) and assorted other small arms.

Quite the militia we have forming :D

Get hard and just shoot the little buggers.