RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Cobalt

I see in Victoria a trainer has been caught with 2 dogs returning positive to cobalt, anyone know if they are testing for it here? Every time I hear the RIU talking about it they say the 'two codes' ( thorougbreds, harness ) which makes me believe they are oblivious to it all. 

cheers for any info. 

Just to expand a bit more, I would be shocked it cobalt / EPO isn't being used by certain people in NZ, especially with no blood testing / out of competition testing /   the RIU's lack of wanting to get a clean sport.

I personally know of a number of dogs that have dropped dead after having a race / training gallop over the last few years, I personally believe it wouldn't happen as much as it has if a dog is running clean. They are similar to an athlete, and it's certainly not normal for someone to be in peak physical condition and drop dead after exercising. IMO.

I would love nothing more than having a clean industry and I believe it all starts with the RIU, bring in MANDATORY blood swabs and start testing all the winners and start doing random O.O.C testing ASAP. That is if the trainers, owners, punters want a level playing field!! 

If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about. With the amount of money the RIU spends each year and the amount of self praise they give themselves I personally believe they are a bit of a joke and need a major reform. 

Anyone that follows drugs in sport as closely as I do knows there will always be people pushing the boundaries, especially when $$ is involved.  Micro dosing EPO / HGH is the 'new' thing when it comes to most professional sports, but with a proper integrity unit and drug testing regime I'm adamant we deserve far far better than what they are doing currently.

On 1/6/2016 at 8:27 AM, GONSTA said:

I see in Victoria a trainer has been caught with 2 dogs returning positive to cobalt, anyone know if they are testing for it here? Every time I hear the RIU talking about it they say the 'two codes' ( thorougbreds, harness ) which makes me believe they are oblivious to it all. 

cheersthe  for any info. 

interesting to see the 2 horse trainers kavanagh and obrien got 3 and 4 years i wonder what the greyhound trainers would get      also will be interesting to see what the greyhound trainer  in sydney will get  4 the epo positive if proven

4 minutes ago, I know said:

From what I have been told they do not test greyhound for it in nz

According to Mike Goober they do, and have been for about a year... He then blatantly ignored my two next messages asking what the limit was...