RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Swynford

Pedigree Patterns Fastnet Rock

Nice observations Swynford. I enjoy your thinking and posts.

I would still require an athlete to be standing in front of me before purchase, but I like where you go with your posts.

Thanks Dopey,  unfortunately I'm not in the market at the moment for a Fastnet Rock but if I was yes I would be the same,   It's only an image on a screen so I would be taking a good trainer, or Bloodstock Agent and Vet along before any decisions were made.  Would prefer it if they were colts but if I had to pick between the two would lean a little towards Lot 424.

I think Alibhai is in a great position in Danehill to be duplicated and not a lot of mares with him lower down in their pedigrees either by him or his sire sons.

The next dam in 424's pedigree Flawless Pearl is by War Admiral who is Buckpasser's brood-mare sire.

This pattern (Alibhai and War Admiral ) appear in Danehill's Group One winners Redoute's Choice, Platinum Scissors, Peeping Fawn, Mozart, Al Maher, and Last Jig

They appear on the male line of each dam and as brood-mare sires in His Majesty and Buckpasser

568dd0615a52b_LightJig.jpg.0d3b7ada728ef

Swynford

Interesting one here bred along the lines your are highlighting. From what I can see, it is the cheapest horse so far at the MM sale ( $15000)

I presume there must be something physically not quite right ( hard to tell from the photo) but could be worth watching

http://ecat.magicmillions.com.au/ebook_search/viewLot/ebookId/172/lot/387

51 minutes ago, Breeder said:

Swynford

Interesting one here bred along the lines your are highlighting. From what I can see, it is the cheapest horse so far at the MM sale ( $15000)

I presume there must be something physically not quite right ( hard to tell from the photo) but could be worth watching

http://ecat.magicmillions.com.au/ebook_search/viewLot/ebookId/172/lot/387

How are the Your Songs selling. would the wet track G1 have an impact on buyers perception?

Huey

Given how strong the sale is, I think the Your Songs are probably off the pace a bit. I have no particular interest in him but looked at a few of the photos/videos and to my very amateur eye some seem quite small --hard to tell from the photos , though. Lots of hype around Your Song himself as a type so maybe there has been some disappointment in the type of his progeny ---but I am definitely not an expert in this area of the game.

According to ANZBloodstock News they have averaged $89,000. 

http://www.anzbloodstocknews.com/newsletters/ANZ_Jan_8_2016.pdf     

Breeder   .... Bit of money for unproven stallion but great female family going back to Fall Aspen and they obviously have a product in front of their eyes.

Would love to of seen a little more line breeding patterns on the female side of Pierro and on the male side of the dam to be super confident.

The structure of the pedigree of Irish Lights above is what I really like. Zuzuland as well, ( just looking at the first few dams in the pedigree and how they match with the stallion.)

Will post some examples of Pierro, Fall Aspen, Timber Country as they are all very similar.

Pierro.jpg.1248d53890038fbbfb623f244a312

What I do really like about the colts pedigree is it contains what I consider to be a huge 'nick'  that goes back to the Sir Tristram male line.

And that's Man O'War, and I believe it must be on the male line of one of the mares.  Its not the total answer but I certainly think it is part of the equation. First looked at it when studying the pedigree below.

Remembering that this cross produced a 1 Group One winner in every 8 foals. 

Jezabeel.jpg.e786570e528ffa62d46de7a6a51

As well as the five Group one winners from the Zabeel /  ViceRegal cross. 

Man O'War  also appears on the male line of Eight Carat,  the dam's of Westminster, Romanee Conti, and lower down in pedigree's in the dam's of Booming, 
                    Luci Valentina, Kawi and a double in Costume.    Some great fillies amongst these which is always a bonus. Unfortunately it is quite a rare sire line.

8 hours ago, Swynford said:

What I do really like about the colts pedigree is it contains what I consider to be a huge 'nick'  that goes back to the Sir Tristram male line.

And that's Man O'War, and I believe it must be on the male line of one of the mares.  Its not the total answer but I certainly think it is part of the equation. First looked at it when studying the pedigree below.

Remembering that this cross produced a 1 Group One winner in every 8 foals. 

Jezabeel.jpg.e786570e528ffa62d46de7a6a51

Been a bit of a quiet family for a while now though.