RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Value Bell

Blair Orange

Must have had a massive bender the night before or else he must be facing some serious personal issues if he's getting on the drink before a harness meeting. Let's hope the truth comes out and if he was drinking in the morning I hope he gets the help he needs and has the people around him to support him. 

Certainty not a good look for the industry and punters, owners, other drivers / trainers deserve better.

Looks like he might have been the only one tested as no suggestion that " Selected drivers with engagements on today's programme were required to provide samples of breath for alcohol screening" as was the case on day 2 at Westport.

Many motorists have failed alcohol tests many hours after they last had a drink.  I'm confident there is an innocent explanation for it. He's a family man who's extremely reliable so until I hear different will give him the benefit of the doubt for sure.

Probably couldn't attend new years parties due to commitments and this is the time of the year many of us do things to excess. Not a good look I agree but he's way too smart to be dumb.

Trident...

I agree completely with your summation and position on this matter. Mr Orange has been, in my experience, a supreme ambassador for the harness racing sport and industry...unfailingly polite, considerate, knowledgeable and willing to give his time freely to better the interests of harness racing as a whole.

I wish him well and hope that he can quickly put behind him whatever it is that has caused this unfortunate situation.

All the best.

Ashoka

"Kitto said Orange tested over the limit of 100 micrograms per litre of breath. Kitto would not disclose the reading. The limit for driving a motor vehicle is 250 micrograms"

I find it odd they are even allowed alcohol in their system when driving.

51 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

"Kitto said Orange tested over the limit of 100 micrograms per litre of breath. Kitto would not disclose the reading. The limit for driving a motor vehicle is 250 micrograms"

I find it odd they are even allowed alcohol in their system when driving.

If the limit was zero I think it would pick up innocent medications.

Busy boys those Southern Stipes at yesterdays meeting. Suspended 1 driver for causing a crash on his own horse and also opened and adjourned another case against C Ferguson for failing to improve his position. Not called holiday time for nothing i suppose.

38 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

Would be interesred to now how many drivers were tested and all the results.

It doesn't take much from the night before to get a result above 100 mmg/l.

yes good post Ivan.

I had 2 glasses of wine last night and cooked chicken in a white wine sauce - probably blow 101 this morning :P

19 minutes ago, harpervalley said:

There were other drivers tested along with Blair, he was unlucky but rules are rules. Lesson learnt.

2 hours ago, kakama said:

Yeah, true.

Very low level, but I suppose those are the rules. I bet you the majority of drivers might be looking at new years celebrations a little different next year!

From what we have heard, it seems Blair the only one tested? 

Mmmmm, interesting.

You are all very forgiving and to be complimented on waiting to pass judgement but the fact remains he was over the alcohol limit which must result in some sort of suspension and if he is well over the 100 limit then he should suspended for a lengthy time. Unlucky and low level are not words I would choose to describe this event. If I was a punter / owner / trainer out on track and somebody was under the influence then I wouldn't be happy. Let alone being a driver.

OK guys, here is extract from Stipes Report

Horseman B Orange was stood down from his driving engagements today after providing a breath alcohol sample in excess of 100 micrograms of alcohol per litre of breath. Mr Orange subsequently admitted a breach of Rule 513(4)(c). The JCA adjourned this matter until the Roxburgh Trotting Club meeting on the 4th January 2016 to consider the penalty submissions. Mr Orange was subsequently replaced as listed in the Summary.

No mention of just Race 3.     Sample was in excess of................    that settles the other matter raised in here.

6 minutes ago, Overcheck said:

I'll bet TVOne enjoyed that. The slightest little thing they can find against racing they make headline news. I think it is something to do with the Cretans hating anything that people enjoy, as their own lives are so dull and they are jealous.

Let's get real those defending him, let's not blame the media for making a story out of this, blame Blair Orange, it's no one else's fault but his. They also said he was well over the 100mg limit. 

Even if it was from a bender the night before i have no sympathy, it's not like he's working in a supermarket or something, people are wagering their hard earned money on his drives and I'm sure he wouldn't have done the study / been in a great mindset if he had a smashing hangover. That's without taking into account other drivers safety. 

From my point of view he's let the industry down and all his owners as well, like I said in a previous post I hope he gets the help he needs. 

I highly doubt someone's testing over 100mg if they had 5-6 beers the night before and had a decent sleep ( considering the breath test would have been after 1pm the next day? )

5 minutes ago, Overcheck said:

Gonsta I didn't say I was defending him. It is the enjoyment that TV get out of hitting at racing that annoys me. How often do you get any good news stories about racing?

Spirit Eclipse. That was a good one recently.