RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Get rid of the passing lane!

Anyone that thinks passing lanes are good for NZ racing needs to watch race 6 at Alexandra park this evening. How utterly boring and predictable. Especially on a premier meeting like this. 

Thank god for speed tracks like Menangle!!! At least you get a proper spectacle!

( No I didn't have a bet on the race )

4 hours ago, GONSTA said:

Anyone that thinks passing lanes are good for NZ racing needs to watch race 6 at Alexandra park this evening. How utterly boring and predictable. Especially on a premier meeting like this. 

Thank god for speed tracks like Menangle!!! At least you get a proper spectacle!

( No I didn't have a bet on the race )

Gonsta. Think you should stick to your dogs.

That is great racing, just a blatant lottery whether your dog gets bowled or not.

Yes sometimes it is predictable, but a passing,lane opens the fields up and gives more horses a chance.

Tracks with no passing lanes are not worth investing on.

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

Gonsta. Think you should stick to your dogs.

That is great racing, just a blatant lottery whether your dog gets bowled or not.

Yes sometimes it is predictable, but a passing,lane opens the fields up and gives more horses a chance.

Tracks with no passing lanes are not worth investing on.

You think a $1.20 shot in a G1 handing up to anyone let alone a stable mate is good for harness racing? Your dreaming mate, how is that "great racing"?? 

20 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

You think a $1.20 shot in a G1 handing up to anyone let alone a stable mate is good for harness racing? Your dreaming mate, how is that "great racing"?? 

Of course I don't think $1.20 favourites are good for racing full stop, and I have state this many times over.

This is why I have suggested the TAB take these shorties out of the betting.

Whether someone hands up to someone else is irrelevant, that is just racing when the money is up.

Do you expect them to keep the stablemate parked out, then you would say it was team driving by controlling the race.

The passing lane is in NZ is so that more horses get a fair chance. We don't want to have harness like they have in Oz where they all drive like Cowboys and they think being parked out is preferable to being in the trail for some stupid reason.

Premier racing including the jewels day are not good days in my opinion to be able to make serious money.

I agree that when the All Stars horses were in front and trailing it was pretty predictable, but some people enjoy that sort of racing I think?

5 minutes ago, eljay said:

Yeah - you can't beat the dogs.    Best dog usually draws 1 - boxes open it goes straight to front and leads all the way.    Yeah - really exciting eh!!

Best dog usually draws box 1? What made you come up with this genius assumption? 

If only it was that easy mate, us dog punters wouldn't need to work if that was the case, but luckily for the dogs they don't have their tactics decided before the start of the race and they don't have someone (  most of them incompetent ) deciding the punters fate in every race.

the only thing I hate about the passing lane is when a horse is  in behind waiting for the passing lane ,and the driver pulls that horse out  wide instead of waiting, gets blocked and fails to pay a dividend, while if they sat and waited, they got clear run  and would normally have run in top 3...

also. passing lane got in the swing her first win   at great odds.. without that advantage she may never had won...

it helps the battlers as well as the cheats...keep  the passing lane,, only if they are going to use them right.