RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chevy86

Lindis Pass

Backed it in the first at Wingatui--think a  very patient cafer has an interest in it? Unfortunately, as I have witnessed often (especially at Sth Is meetings), the jockey seemed to be holding on for dear life, rather than RIDING the bloody horse. Too many incompetent jockeys or too many uncontrollable horses or a combination of both--whatever, it leads to unacceptable interference and depleted funds.

I've been a huge fan of this horse too after its first couple of runs, looked like it was going to be an okay sort.

I think maybe it needs a wet track, it hasn't hit out at all on the firm tracks it's been made to race on and doesn't seem like a happy horse at the moment.

I got sucked in again today too and yes a very quiet ride again, although there is a real lack of any decent jockeys in the South Island apart from Walsh and CWJ who even has his moments, guess you just have to be happy if you can get a rider full stop.

58 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

there is a real lack of any decent jockeys 

This is a nation-wide problem, especially chronic when the programming has Group racing at multiple venues on the same day. The big stables have first call on the best jockeys (well those who have not already gone to Oz) and goodness knows there are not many of those.

If Mrs Cubes had any idea how much Cubity has spent backing Lindis Pass over the years she would throw a right spazz !

But surely this well bred daughter of Iffraaj has gotta have some sort of chance of running at least a place at Oamaru tomorrow in the first ?

34 starts for 1 win .....FFS !!!

2 hours ago, Cubes said:

If Mrs Cubes had any idea how much Cubity has spent backing Lindis Pass over the years she would throw a right spazz !

But surely this well bred daughter of Iffraaj has gotta have some sort of chance of running at least a place at Oamaru tomorrow in the first ?

34 starts for 1 win .....FFS !!!

Good luck cubes, good comes to those who wait, and iffrajj progeny been having a great run, she certainly would make a nice brood mare herself, sometime in the future.

If she doesn't show something in that field....... a broodmare paddock may beckon?

I rarely bet on South Island racing but I may take a two horse multi down there today Zavistic $3.60FF in R5 into The Precious One $1.90FF R7.

Zavistic bled last start in January when finishing last at Avondale. Good third the start before behind Savvy Dreams at Hastings and scored a nice trial win at Te Teko (albeit on a heavy track) after sitting three wide. 4kg claim also. The Precious One could not have been more impressive on debut and the filly who holds 1000 Guineas and 2000 Guineas noms can repeat the dose.

Enjoy the day and good luck Cubes.        

Cubes I've watched her a couple of times, only because you own her.

My observations are:

She lost interest in being a racehorse early last season.

She doesn't like being hit with the stick or bullied.

Today is a terrible field, and I hope she obliges for you, but I suspect she won't because she's got a strong jockey on who likes to hit them, and that's what she doesn't need IMO.

I should qualify that by saying she's got a pretty ordinary attitude, and she's no easy ride, so I can see why you're putting LC on.

Best of luck today champ.

1 hour ago, Cubes said:

Cheers Midgemeister

Following your post Cubity phoned the trainer and told him to tell the jockey your instructions...anonymously natch

Love your work Cubes 

I think I'll take a small multi now, yours into the thing Ted's tipping in the fifth, Zavistic, into Final Say in the last.

Good run, looked genuine today and seemed to try hard.

I like the way he settled her early, she's better racing off the bridle like that.

Pity he hit her again though as she was doing her best without the stick, and it didn't help her at all, getting bashed when you're doing your best will just eventually send her sour again.

Next time Cubes, with ABC on board :) maybe.

I've got my first multi leg up so I'm happy.