RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Swoopa

Yearling Sales

14 hours ago, gubellini said:

Good to see the Darci Brahmas selling better. Mastercraftsman and Rip Van Winkle seem to have gone out of fashion. Be interesting to see how they fare in the Select and Festival Sales.

Mastercraftsman progeny a disaster at Premier sale. 17 entries and at last count  12 passed in at reasonably low reserves IMHO. Fortunately we wont be seeing him any more as not on WP roster this season.

On a slightly different tack i found it perplexing that there was not 1 Per Incanto in Premier sale.

1 hour ago, Huey said:

Good point about Per Incanto, has become a bit of the forgotten sire , no idea why.

So far this morning Lot 470 a lovely filly!

A couple  to run your eye over Huey.

549,576,629,633,657 colts

528,613 fillies

Cheers 

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 11:21 AM, trakdap said:

If you want to buy a nice colt at a reasonable price Lot 1122 is a lovely type.

Cubity was underbidder ( well one of them anyway )....just doing my job to help out....32k seemed not bad price for Festival Sale at the time

On 26 January 2016 at 10:38 AM, Newmarket said:

Mastercraftsman progeny a disaster at Premier sale. 17 entries and at last count  12 passed in at reasonably low reserves IMHO. Fortunately we wont be seeing him any more as not on WP roster this season.

On a slightly different tack i found it perplexing that there was not 1 Per Incanto in Premier sale.

Not quite sure why they have "gone out of fashion" NM. Both have had some impressive performers this season including arguably the top 3yo filly Capella ( Let her Rip ) and rising staying star Sacred Master. ( Stratocaster, Mime, Matakana, Master of Arts etc)

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Not quite sure why they have "gone out of fashion" NM. Both have had some impressive performers this season including arguably the top 3yo filly Capella ( Let her Rip ) and rising staying star Sacred Master. ( Stratocaster, Mime, Matakana, Master of Arts etc)

It happens to many stallions  Ohokaman so MC wont be the last. Perhaps its just a case of commercial realism or put another way owners/trainers don't want to buy them anymore.

I think RVW is suffering from the haven't left a headline act yet syndrome, there were some pretty good judges on them at the sales like Moroney,McKee, Cataldo etc.

Tavistock was the same once VSB came along he was deemed worthy and kicked on.

Capella might be the headline  act he is looking for she looks a bit special, I'd love one and they can only get better.

2 hours ago, Breeder said:

I can remember O'Reilly going through a few lean years, so yes I also agree with Newmarket.

Montjeu is another one to put in that category breeder. It's a double edged sword, if they have a mediocre start support drops and they dont return but if they take off like High Chap they dont return either. Sacred Master could be a flagbearer in Australian staying races this year