RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Swoopa

Yearling Sales

Premier sale

Colts - lots 111+253   reserves 387,311,226

Fillies - lots 28+150  reserves 201,382,70

1st season sire Colt 128   Filly 328

Snowed under with tenders so Select  sale to follow on the weekend hopefully !

47 minutes ago, Breeder said:

Interesting sale so far -- David Ellis seems unusually quiet. Saving all his fire power for the Frankel colt ???

Savabeels doing very well.

Might be a case of having to be quiet , a pretty strong sale in most places.

Reliable Man going well.

Cape Blanco struggling.

Pins & Iffraaj making a little bit of a come back

Tavistock as expected.

So not long after I posted DE starts getting a few.

Agree with your summary Huey but given how strong the MM was I thought it might have been stronger. If previous years are a guide tomorrow will be stronger --for some reason the second day is always better.

The way my comments are going --with opposite happening in the end ( ie. the median and averages were well up on last year at the end of Day One ) I think I'll help NZB along a say maybe Day Two will not be so good. That way you can now guarantee Day Two will be a boomer !!

Rip Van Winkle is the other sire taking a hit , compared to previous years.

4 hours ago, Breeder said:

The way my comments are going --with opposite happening in the end ( ie. the median and averages were well up on last year at the end of Day One ) I think I'll help NZB along a say maybe Day Two will not be so good. That way you can now guarantee Day Two will be a boomer !!

From  memory,I think trainer O'brien had a lot of trouble with his feet throughout  his racing career.Not sure about his offspring,but also needed an easing in the track to show his best.

Do you like any lots in day two Breeder?

Swoopa

I haven't looked at the Premier Cat. that hard as it is total dreamland stuff for me but on paper I liked Lot 281 which sold for only $30k so I presume there was something not quite right with her. Later I like the look of Lot 398 and Lot 405

10 hours ago, Breeder said:

From  memory,I think trainer O'brien had a lot of trouble with his feet throughout  his racing career.Not sure about his offspring,but also needed an easing in the track to show his best.

Do you like any lots in day two Breeder?

My wild prediction is that the Rip Van Winkles will start doing well in the autumn/winter ---my only reason for saying this is so often you see stallions go out of fashion at the sales and then in the year following they start to perform.

$1.3m for a horse by a stallion that hasn't left a runner yet and to top it off by a stallion whose sire sons in NZ haven't been overly popular at this sale RVW & Cape Blanco.

Fastnet,Redoutdes,Snitzels,E&Es,Tavistocks even Savabeels aren't going for that. 

7 hours ago, Huey said:

$1.3m for a horse by a stallion that hasn't left a runner yet and to top it off by a stallion whose sire sons in NZ haven't been overly popular at this sale RVW & Cape Blanco.

Fastnet,Redoutdes,Snitzels,E&Es,Tavistocks even Savabeels aren't going for that. 

But he's the best horse of all time according to the official Timeform rating. Certainly the best in my lifetime which stretches back to the first half of last century.

Rip Van Wrinkle. I have heard on the grapevine that he's not returning to the Northern Hemesphere. If it's true that's good news as he will make it down here. Things are slowly building momentum for him. 

27 minutes ago, Insider said:

But he's the best horse of all time according to the official Timeform rating. Certainly the best in my lifetime which stretches back to the first half of last century.

That given, it doesn't automatically mean he will make a stallion.

I agree with you Huey. There are plenty of very good racehorses with very good pedigrees and were very good types who failed as stallions.

In NZ recently the most obvious one was St Reims --good race horse, good pedigree and fantastic type but = failure. Don Eduardo was not much better. If we looked at Australia and Europe we'd find the same.

But having said that, the colt could turn out to be a bargain if Frankel fires as a stallion and the colt succeeds on the track ( especially with prize money the way it is in Australia and Asia)