RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Swoopa

Yearling Sales

Congrats Cubes - Mrs Biff here....best of luck with your 2 newbies....I have a cracking Super Easy colt foal running in my back paddock...if they all look and run like him, Super Easy will be leading the sires table before too long!  In general, we too, were disappointed with the prices for the SEs but very happy Michael Wallace purchased the 2 top lots...particularly the colt from the Exceed & Excel mare...what a cross!! Our colt is from a lovely O'Reilly mare...he is correct and has a lovely nature and almost looks me in the eye now at 4 months.  Also, great to see Dalghar finally hit the tracks with a great 2nd yesterday by Alan Sharrock's colt...could have been a tad unlucky..but will certainly benefit from the run.  Interesting to see that people / trainers who have 2yos by him, backed up at Karaka to buy more...which is a great sign....!!

On Monday, February 01, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Breeder said:

I can remember O'Reilly going through a few lean years, so yes I also agree with Newmarket.

Mastercraftsman had a decent old day, pity it wasn't a month ago before the yearling sales but good nonetheless.

Breeder I attended the three days of the Select Sale. My observations of the yearlings by Super Easy-

1. Great temperaments similar to most of the Darci Brahma's.

2. Some of the fillies very small and limited.

3.Some of the colts very big.

4. A wide variety of types.

5.Best filly Lot 592 ex Spectacular. Bargain at $18,000. Very solid well developed type.

6. Best colt Lot 778. Nice walking colt.Ex Charming Elle. Sold for $50,000.

Thanks gubellini. That helps explain the results. I think a lot of buyers don't like to see a wide variety of type in a stallion's progeny. Super Easy will have to do it "the hard way" and wait until his horse start performing (or not )on the track. For the owner's sake I hope he is successful.