RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Swoopa

Yearling Sales

NZ sales catalogues landed this week for some holiday reading.

With some astute eyes in the racecafe stable, I was wondering if anyone liked or had something going to the sales?

For an interest:

2 colts and 2 fillies from Premier sale

2 colts and 2 fillies from select sale

Also 1 yearling from each sale from a first season sire.

Cheers.

:D Rdytdy you have a great sense of humour.Exchange rate is good but not that good!! Coming from that barn I think the decimal point has moved a couple of places:o.

I also like to see them in the flesh myself before rolling out some acorns, and that doesn't look like it will happen for a year or two.Have my fingers in a couple of pies in Aus;);).

After a quick flick through the Select sale last night, i found it a bit thin on qaulity compared to past years,really having too dig deep into the 3rd dam family in a high percentage of lots imo

cheers

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎07‎:‎27‎, rdytdy said:

One to keep a watch on Swoopa.

Lot 323:   A Power - Indomitable filly.    ;)

With my eye for picking her out and your large bank balance I recommend you buy her and we race her together. :D

Hey rdytdy, why don't you try the self appointed expert Mrs Ed?

On Sun Dec 27 2015 02:59:22 GMT+0000, MiDeBo Racing said:

Lot 557! Sister has a bit of potential. If only my bank manager wasn't so tight when lending out the $$$$$ :s

By O'Reilly out of a Starway mare is a proven reciepe

4 minutes ago, Breeder said:

Swoopa

I would definitely have much rather have been a seller than a buyer at that sale. Some great prices --I'm not talking about the $1mill+ ones

Hope the trend continues:)

On Sun Jan 10 2016 00:19:41 GMT+0000, Breeder said:

Swoopa

I would definitely have much rather have been a seller than a buyer at that sale. Some great prices --I'm not talking about the $1mill+ ones

Very much a sellers market breeder.

MM carpark full by all accounts.

Kept everything crossed and returned a 42% net:D

22 hours ago, Lloyd Vivian said:

The dam is pure white herself, also which increases the odds of another white foal markedly. However, I seem to recall Zabeel left two white horses in total, including 'The Opera House.'

owned by john not so single ton , n0 and joey johns too

it beat off the ambulance one day at newcatsle.

anything under 500,000 is a bargain :blink:

38 minutes ago, zelda kratchanova 2 said:

owned by john not so single ton , n0 and joey johns too

it beat off the ambulance one day at newcatsle.

anything under 500,000 is a bargain :blink:

Surely Pogo says n0! 

That amount of money is obscene for anything that has hair that white.

Would Pogo marry a girl with white hair? n0, of course not, so why should he or anyone buy a yearling with hair that colour?

She will be much too old before her time. n0?

On Friday, January 15, 2016 at 8:28 PM, MPERKINS said:

lot 113 Unusual colour for a yearling I wonder if she was born that colour? she will be prone to sunburn I would suspect. Will be interested to follow her progress

Nicely  bred, but having to go back into the 3rd dam line to find any depth is a slight negative compared to other  fillies in the premier  sale.I'm sure she will get a following if she races.

9 hours ago, zelda kratchanova 2 said:

idoits biding squillons for yearlings no where near as good as the karraka ones,n0?

maybe it was too much sun or too much cor0nas?

Depends what you are looking in a horse Zelda.MM for speed and Karaka for middle distance  and stayers.All sales can cause a rush of blood!! And a twitchy  hand.:o

It is interesting to see the different approaches studs take (or are taking) to putting photos and videos of yearlings on the NZB site. Studs seem to be varying their approaches as the years go by. For example Pencarrow always used to be one of the first studs to upload images ---this year they are still not up ( I've been waiting to look at the Frankel yearling). Cambridge this year and last have only put a photo up ( no video) and I notice Curraghmore have their yearlings walking on grass ( not on a hard parade "ring" surface). I think this is great to see as the various studs are thinking about what is best and experimenting. Obviously the aim of the exercise is to get potential buyers to put the horse on their "must look at list" so different approaches are needed.

I realise a photo or video cannot replace or compare to looking at the yearling in the flesh but they are now important parts of the promotional mix for studs.

14 hours ago, Swoopa said:

Depends what you are looking in a horse Zelda.MM for speed and Karaka for middle distance  and stayers.All sales can cause a rush of blood!! And a twitchy  hand.:o

Or a twitchy eyelid as you will notice next week.