RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JOHNRYAN

Clark All Jokes Aside

On 1/4/2016, 1:09:15, JOHNRYAN said:

Well I spose you were all too dumb to get the cash off All Jokes Aside the other day? No comments so obviously not.

I did. Clark wasn't handing up to anyone this time. Of course the stable mate wasn't in it.

I passed on your video clip to Clark so he can take on board your advice.

PS. The yellow scarf and green hat look you have going on is a tad unusual but it does suit you. Well done for having the courage under the circumstances to produce the clip and back up your own status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uja1oMmfsi8

Clark is doing ok considering he's a total mug who's been so harshly criticized by one elderly punter who routinely puts $1 a win on three hot favourites each race day.

From the HRNZ website.

Barron in form

14 January 2016

By Mac Henry

Momentum created by the holiday period victories of Southern Pursuit and All Jokes Aside should continue for Rakauhauka trainer Clark Barron when the Northern Southland club races at Ascot Park on Thursday.

Barron's tally moved to 11 for the season when Southern Pursuit scored at at Roxburgh and the four year old by Panspacificflight could advance it further at Ascot Park on Thursday. He goes from five in the Mossdale 2200 metres mobile pace and looks a realistic chance to make it three in a row.

A maiden winner on debut last season, Southern Pursuit then raced a couple of times in C1s for a third and a fifth before being put aside. He remains unbeaten this season after two starts, both in C1s.

“He jumps a grade this week but it shouldn't worry him,” said Barron who maintains Southern Pursuit hasn't reached his level yet. “He should acquit himself well.”

Southern Pursuit, bred and raced by Peter and Julie Keast, is one of 11 C2s in the field while three carry a C3 rating. Zenmach might be the hardest to get past.

Rakarolla has a front line draw in the Omalass – The New Dried Molasses Mobile Pace. He was busy during the holidays with three starts in 10 days but has come through it well. Two thirds and a fourth was as good as it got but Barron rates the half brother to the group one placed Raksdeal as his best prospect on Thursday.

“His three races at Christmas were all very good runs, he'll go good again,” said Barron, “he hasn't got the real high speed of Raksdeal but is just as tough.”

Three year olds Pavarotti and Shortys Mate are other good chances in the race.

Latest news on Raksdeal, who broke down in Australia when preparing for the 2014 Queensland Oaks and again early this season, is that she has a positive to Mach Three.

I'm Full Of Excuses in the House Of Travel Lakers Summer Cup strikes a field slightly easier than in his past two and if the race is run to suit is another good chance for Barron.

“It is taking him a while to learn standing starts but I was quite happy with his run in the Roxburgh Cup, it was a bit of a sit and sprint race and he is more of a stayer,” Barron explained.

If he goes away safely, Titan Banner looks the top pick.

Barron has two runners in the Higgins Insurance Services/Murray Brown Racing Mobile, Rakaporsche and Rakarazor. Rakaporsche is on the comeback following an operation in February to insert four screws in a damaged hind pastern. Rakarazor won a mobile mile in October at her second start but hasn't fired since.

“They've both been a fraction disappointing lately, Rakaporsche is taking a run or two to come back, being a three year old fillies race will help,” said Barron who drives Rakaporsche himself while Brent Barclay is on Rakarazor.

Bettor Enforce looks the best prospect.

Flight Deck races for Barron in the Shane Matheson Crutching/Mark Jones Mobile Pace. He is racing at the top of his game and capable of overcoming his 12 draw.

“The second line won't help but he has been racing well and will be a hope.”

From the front line, Black Athena will make her presence felt for Canterbury junior Matt Anderson.

Barron trains and drives Mass Invasion for his father in law Owen Crooks in the Grinaldi Lodge/Gordon Sutherland Memorial Trot. She is one of two off the front in the small but tidy field. Despite the quality opposition, with a mistake free run he is confident Mass Invasion is capable of a top three finish.

All Jokes Aside, winner of three from four this season is a notable absentee. Barron said there was no appropriate race for him so he has had a freshener and will be back for the Invercargill Cup meeting.

Barron is currently tied in third place on the Southland trainers ladder, equal with his brother Tony and Brent Shirley. The trio are three behind joint leaders Brett Gray and Nathan Williamson

On 28/12/2015 at 10:04 AM, themagicman said:
flags.jpg

Robert Langely
FBI Profiling head.

FBI Headquarters 
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001 
(202) 324-3000

Good morning themagicman,

Thank you for your recent request that I conduct a profile on the race cafe user known as "Basil". This was a fairly straightforward profile to put together.

I estimate the age of Basil to be between 39 and 43 years of age. He's a single man now but was married for several years to an overbearing very plain looking obese woman. It's likely she had numerous teeth missing. She left Basil for a younger man who was likely a trolley boy with learning difficulties at a local supermarket or similar. She considered that an upgrade. This left Basil feeling frustrated,lonely,angry and bitter.

Basil is likely to be around 5ft 7 to 5ft 9 and will weigh in around 400 / 450 pounds.

It's almost certain he is friendless in this world and the only friends he has are in internet chat rooms. He will likely be employed only in a part time capacity in a low skilled lowly paid role. Something similar to a toilet cleaner / dish washer. He will have built up a lot of resentment and bitterness in this role and craves acceptance and power in his life. It is likely he voluntarily offers himself to racing clubs etc as a car parking attendant. He enjoys the power rush he feels wearing the white uniform and pointing vehicles into an available car park. This will unquestionably be the highlight of his existence.

Basil will be the classic passive - aggressive internet troll. He feels confident to come out of his cave without fear of consequence and attempt to be humourous and or superior to others. As he's been doing this for some time now he's fallen into the role and will be convinced he's some kind of guru figure to the other bewildered souls who don't know any better.

He will be incapable of course of any constructive debate. He will keep his contributions as brief as possible to avoid exposing his inadequacy. If he is threatened by the input of anyone else he will resort to monosyllabic words he considers humourous or he will say something similar to "insert 2000 word response here". Any 2000 word response will be scoffed at of course as that would threaten his perceived status.

When he was younger Basil was a very big fan of the English TV Show "Basil Brush" He felt Basil was his only friend in the world which is why he chose the name Basil as his user name on an internet website.

I've enclosed a picture of what Basil's appearance will very likely be. 

Please don't hesitate to contact me again themagicman if you require any further confirmation. 

Best Regards,

Robert,

FBI.

Below is Basil of Race Cafe.

db2405-fat-loser.jpg

I obviously struck a nerve!  Even by your usual

On 28/12/2015 at 8:49 AM, themagicman said:

You really are a sad lonely boy. What is this website for? I believe it is for contributors to express their opinions. Surely if you believe another contributors very damning comments are wrong you not only say so but you put forward sound reasoning as to why you believe they are wrong. Of course just saying "you're wrong" would be quick and easy but serves absolutely no purpose. It will not sway the original contributor one bit and makes pointless reading for anyone else interested in the subject matter. It negates the value and merit of this site.

John Ryan passes himself off as a driver who has won many races yet has very strongly condemned two second placed drives of Clark Barron. Clark has 1000 winning drives behind him yet John Ryan (very obviously not real name) has anonymously described Clark Barron as the "SCOURGE" of harness racing. I believe both drives were totally acceptable in fact I sincerely believe his drive on Mass Invasion was 10/10.

I'm adamant he has no understand on the reading of races and that has become irrefutably clear. I have pointed out to him exactly what would have occurred had Clark Barron followed his advice. My input not only proved he was 100% wrong it also highlighted he is not the race winning driver he likes to pretend he is to give his input weight.

My contribution was to him and you had absolutely no prior input in the thread but are very welcome to read what is said and agree or disagree. Despite that you come on here and offer one word "yawn" as your contribution. What a joke. If you disliked my lengthy input why not just "not read it and fuck off back under your rock" How has your "yawn" input advanced the merit or otherwise of this thread in any way? It is just a pathetic little man who dislikes the fact others know and understand how to read a race. It is clear you feel your pathetic position on this forum as harness guru is under threat. Honestly that is so sad. I'm not remotely interested in your spot lonely boy. You are the typical passive aggressive internet troll. I'd wager any amount of money you are single and friendless in this world. You are spineless but consider yourself the guru who is hilariously funny. We both know that as long as you can escape any personal consequence for your actions you will just continue to bravely try and be funny then quickly slide back into your hole..  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_426RiwST8

Yawn...

1 minute ago, Basil said:

I obviously struck a nerve!  Even by your usual

Yawn...

What I meant to say here (before I got flumoxed by the technology---obviously not spending enugh time in 'chat rooms'!:P) is that even by your usual standards Dunc/Jim/Whoever, this is all a bit pathetic isn't it?  Can't you do better than this?  After all, making fun of some poor fat sod to have a go at me is really a bit sad.  Have you gone off those pills I prescribed for you last year?  If so, it's obviously time to get back on them.  If not, better increase the dosage.

Some great creative writing though---I particularly liked this bit: "It is clear you feel your pathetic position on this forum as harness guru is under threat. Honestly that is so sad. I'm not remotely interested in your spot lonely boy. You are the typical passive aggressive internet troll. I'd wager any amount of money you are single and friendless in this world. You are spineless but consider yourself the guru who is hilariously funny."

'Harness guru', 'passive aggressive troll', 'spineless', 'guru' (again)---so you're actually writing an autobiography?

Other than that though, it's all a big Yawn...

On 1/16/2016 at 11:36 AM, Basil said:

What I meant to say here (before I got flumoxed by the technology---obviously not spending enugh time in 'chat rooms'!:P) is that even by your usual standards Dunc/Jim/Whoever, this is all a bit pathetic isn't it?  Can't you do better than this?  After all, making fun of some poor fat sod to have a go at me is really a bit sad.  Have you gone off those pills I prescribed for you last year?  If so, it's obviously time to get back on them.  If not, better increase the dosage.

Some great creative writing though---I particularly liked this bit: "It is clear you feel your pathetic position on this forum as harness guru is under threat. Honestly that is so sad. I'm not remotely interested in your spot lonely boy. You are the typical passive aggressive internet troll. I'd wager any amount of money you are single and friendless in this world. You are spineless but consider yourself the guru who is hilariously funny."

'Harness guru', 'passive aggressive troll', 'spineless', 'guru' (again)---so you're actually writing an autobiography?

Pretty obvious it is me who has hit a nerve with you. All we need to do now is work out which nerve is most sensitive. It's either the harness guru under threat thing or the sadness you feel toward the "poor fat sod" . Most people would see the later as a bit of banter. Boring gits however who feel it's too close for comfort with them will always try and take the high moral ground.

For the record Basil,do you know what a passive / aggressive personality type is and how one is apparent on a site like this for example? I've never been accused of being passive / aggressive but have been accused of being aggressive many times.  That's an accurate reflection.

Online there are numerous personality types on show. Those who are aggressive are not rare. Some grow gonads because they know they will never be called to account. I spit on those people. They are the sorts of people who bravely attacked Charlotte Dawson online. Keyboard warriors is a good description. Then you have those who can be just as aggressive online as they are face to face. That's me. I would never in ten life times say something online that I don't have the balls to say face to face. I look you right in the eye and tell you exactly what I think of you and or your perspective. That's not because of being a tough guy as I'm not. I'm just an articulate communicator that has the courage of my convictions. I will meet anyone and yarn about different perspectives or disagreements. There are some things in life that I openly admit fearing but communicating with people is not one of them. Having a bone marrow biopsy is one feared. Skydiving was another. My daughters marrying dickheads is another etc etc. Describing me as a passive / aggressive displays a bewildering level of ignorance as to what one of those personalty types is.

I know you'd never meet me in person. Yea I know you wouldn't want to waste your time bla bla bla but we both know that's bullshit. You will happily waste your time having a crack at me on here. When I disagree with someone I tend to justify or at least attempt to justify my perspective with facts and a bit of banter thrown in. 

I sincerely believe you to be a coward. You would happily say personal stuff on here that you would never have the bollocks to repeat in person. I'd know exactly where to find you at a social gathering. You'd be the person sitting on his own in the corner who wouldn't say boo to a goose. If I fronted you I know exactly what you'd say "it's all been a big misunderstanding". I own the fact that I despise those personality types. Happy to ridicule on here then dive into the shadows but a genuine coward in the flesh. 

I do apologize if my loathing and contempt for that personality type is apparent in some of my messages along the way. 

I for one didn't say that Clark wasn't doing all right although like most he wouldn't be rich from the game either.

Just said he proved here why trotting is so far behind the gallops and being caught up to by the greyhounds. We haven't got the thieves on wheels reputation for no reason. What's worse is we all let it continue. So we have no one else to blame for going down the gurgler.

The bigger names in the game are only worried about the here and now and themselves of course and to hell with the future of the game.

6 hours ago, JOHNRYAN said:

I for one didn't say that Clark wasn't doing all right although like most he wouldn't be rich from the game either.

Just said he proved here why trotting is so far behind the gallops and being caught up to by the greyhounds. We haven't got the thieves on wheels reputation for no reason. What's worse is we all let it continue. So we have no one else to blame for going down the gurgler.

The bigger names in the game are only worried about the here and now and themselves of course and to hell with the future of the game.

So because Clark Barron handed up to a stablemate after a torrid first half, he's to blame for harness racing going down the plug hole? You are aware the horse that Barron handed up to has a lot of bottom to it and has continued with good form against decent horses since? You are also aware the horse that beat All Jokes Aside into second is a very highly regarded horse? Can you please inform the last time you saw any stablemates have an extended and genuine battle for the lead in any NZ harness race?

I dislike stablemates looking after each other as much as any punter does but the example you bleat about and keep bleating about is the most lame limp noodle example of stable driving I've ever read on this website in 20 years. You describe yourself as a harness driver? yea right. I'm selling Auckland's Sky Tower for 20k cash. Are you interested in buying? It's so obvious you had a couple of dollars on the favourite All Jokes Aside to win and are looking for someone to blame for your bet not winning.

7 hours ago, JOHNRYAN said:

What do you mean by trotting is so far behind gallops, and the dogs catching up?

I'm not quite sure what Clark has done to this horse since last season, maybe it's just not as good as first thought, as it is going awful and did so again today.

At least he tried something a bit different and drove it from behind, although it made no difference.

He tends to be a very one dimensional driver on his own horses and seems to have to lead at all costs and it hasnt been working at all lately, surely all horses don't like being made to lead every start and some might actually prefer to be driven a bit quieter?

john ryan/ jacksprat and whatever other of the ten million names you dream up craig kennet, i actually agree with you on just about everything, to get valmagne to still compete at that level shows you must know something, why not just be honest about who you are?, its only an opinion! you would laugh at how i know its you!  bwahahahaha, i think you talk logically but don't moan when people don't  give you any credibility for your 30 years when u hide behind an alias(all 25000 of them), an before you try to reverse the question, who was the one who mentioned his career in the previous posts?

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

I'm not quite sure what Clark has done to this horse since last season, maybe it's just not as good as first thought, as it is going awful and did so again today.

At least he tried something a bit different and drove it from behind, although it made no difference.

He tends to be a very one dimensional driver on his own horses and seems to have to lead at all costs and it hasnt been working at all lately, surely all horses don't like being made to lead every start and some might actually prefer to be driven a bit quieter?

I agree WhoKnows.  I've not been following this horse in particular but have noticed his desire to lead in almost every race where he is driving one of his own horses.

There have been times when he's actually got the lead comfortably but instead of looking to take some cheap sectionals, he keeps niggling the horse the whole way to keep the pressure on - on occasions his horses are beaten before the corner.  

He must just be banking on the belief that his horses are fitter than any of the others - either that or he hates being unlucky.  

Gai Waterhouse's horses in the gallops almost all lead or race handy to the pace as well.  As you say, some horses won't be naturally suited to that way of racing.

On 1/17/2016 at 11:36 AM, Basil said:

yawn yawn yawn! and yyyaaawwwwnnnnnnnn!

3 hours ago, shapiro said:

john ryan/ jacksprat and whatever other of the ten million names you dream up craig kennet, i actually agree with you on just about everything, to get valmagne to still compete at that level shows you must know something, why not just be honest about who you are?, its only an opinion! you would laugh at how i know its you!  bwahahahaha, i think you talk logically but don't moan when people don't  give you any credibility for your 30 years when u hide behind an alias(all 25000 of them), an before you try to reverse the question, who was the one who mentioned his career in the previous posts?

Call me whatever you like, but lumping me in with Kennett and his imaginary friends is a bit below the belt!

On 1/7/2017 at 9:06 PM, JackSprat said:

Call me whatever you like, but lumping me in with Kennett and his imaginary friends is a bit below the belt!

lol, good luck with valmagne tonight! we know he loves that cambridge track, could be a nice value divvy comin up