RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Dog

Is it a SHAME ????

The dress code criteria that is in place as of the beginning of the month appears on Screen to be working and it does look good !!.   Give an inch  and we get what we did tonight.!!! It appears  in the distance race at Cambridge...we have some difference of opinions and at least 3  boxing handlers I spotted, have hats that are not within the criteria ... So what is going on ..?

Oh please, this new dress code is beyond me, next thing you know they will telling us how long our hair should be. The caps make no difference what so ever and their reasoning for this is awful because you are still alowed to wear your own hat in aus (so we are hardly trying to keep up with them)

as ive said before the dress code is a joke and has gone way past the relms of sensible.it appears that there are sox checks taking place randomly.maybe the stipes need to take the sniff test as well........also a handler was spoken to today because his BLACK cap had a tiny bit of writing on it.........collars on womens shirts that aren't up to standard,I thought a collar was a collarand there are different SIZE COLLARS........soon we will be standing to attention in the kennel block before the meeting for an inspection.....and here was me thinking this industry was about the greyhounds and punting........and theres the stupid tie thing at chch.......maybe aron X could start up a cause for under privileged and downtrodden greyhound folk

AC

Not disagreeing with your point of view ...Where I am coming from is that we need rules!!, and  every one associated with these rules should to be honest and accountable for them... There are proceedures in place to make change ?.    A.C... If there were rules to suit you ....you could very well be a large Tea Plantation owner by now :) and our Association could be having financial problems  because the large amount of money outstanding for fees you owed them is accumulating....Was the  good arrangement we all had to travel our dogs by air not another issue??? Imagine an airport with out rules lol...

36 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Not disagreeing with your point of view ...Where I am coming from is that we need rules!!, and  every one associated with these rules should to be honest and accountable for them... There are proceedures in place to make change ?.    A.C... If there were rules to suit you ....you could very well be a large Tea Plantation owner by now :) and our Association could be having financial problems  because the large amount of money outstanding for fees you owed them is accumulating....Was the  good arrangement we all had to travel our dogs by air not another issue??? Imagine an airport with out rules lol...

Imagine a greyhound industry without any greyhound trainers? The fees are ridiculious, especially when everything gets more expensive but stakes stay the same, greyhound trainers arent millionares and the association is going to end up sending most trainers broke.

Thats half the issue, the rule makers spend too much time dealing with stupid thing like a riduculous dress codes and less time trying to actually solve the real issues in the sport

14 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Imagine a greyhound industry without any greyhound trainers? The fees are ridiculious, especially when everything gets more expensive but stakes stay the same, greyhound trainers arent millionares and the association is going to end up sending most trainers broke.

Thats half the issue, the rule makers spend too much time dealing with stupid thing like a riduculous dress codes and less time trying to actually solve the real issues in the sport

There's obviously some decent money in it as McInerney certainly hasn't cut down his breeding numbers. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me where his slow ones / retired dogs end up? It's the elephant in the room when it comes to NZ greyhound racing and I've never received an answer worth any merit. At least in Victoria they are being pro active and dealing with these issues head on. McInerney isn't the only one either but he's the biggest breeder by far and has won well over a million dollars in stakes the previous 4 seasons... Plus the fact the majority of bitches he breeds with are sprinters.. :unsure::wacko::blink::ph34r:

Eg) https://fasttrack.blob.core.windows.net/webcontent/documents/policies/AnimalWelfareInitiative_Breeding.pdf

+ there new pink card system. 

I know there are smaller trainers thinking exactly the same thing as me, as I've received PM's from more than one in the past. There's far to much conflict of interest for NZGRA to actually take this seriously tho, and for that reason there's only one way this will end is by hitting rock bottom. Take a step outside the industry and see what your average 'Joe Blogz' thinks of our industry, and with social media the way it is now things ain't gonna change anytime soon unless someone has the balls to rattle some feathers.

57 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

...Where I am coming from is that we need rules!!, 

We have plenty of rules.

Sometimes they are breached. That happens.

Sometimes when they're breached charges are filed, sometimes they're not. To me that's an issue.

Sometimes when charges are filed, they are overturned for no good reason. To me that's a problem.

Here's a classic example.

Eckles as we all know was charged with failing to pursue while winning a galaxy heat. (Justified IMO)

The charge was "reviewed" by the JCA at request of the the trainer. JCA Decision (Well within the rules)

At the review, the main defence of the charge was~

"He suggested that it was momentarily distracted by one or more of a number of factors – trackside marquees in place for Cup Day, shadows of the winning post, the large infield television screen and/or, possibly, the photographer. The video replays did show a number of shadows across the track."

~ yet I can not understand how any of the "excuses" were even remotely entertained by the JCA as the rules clearly state the ONLY defence for failing to purse is serious injury. There's nothing in the rules that allow for "discretionary" factors as a reason for a distraction. The only other grounds I could foresee as a defence would be an incorrect opinion by a Steward.

I suggest that if the JCA don't know enough about Greyhound racing to make an "informed" decision in their court about a case, then they revert to what they should know enough about to make an "informed" decision and act on the letter of the law. In this case, they didn't even get that right (as shown by the appeal). Because of it, a dog on the ballot missed out on a group one start, while the poor decision makers in the review got to go home and collected their pay packet.

We don't need more rules. What we do need our current rules properly policed & when challenged, a court where justice can be served, one way or the other, the first time.

37 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

There's obviously some decent money in it as McInerney certainly hasn't cut down his breeding numbers. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me where his slow ones / retired dogs end up? It's the elephant in the room when it comes to NZ greyhound racing and I've never received an answer worth any merit. At least in Victoria they are being pro active and dealing with these issues head on. McInerney isn't the only one either but he's the biggest breeder by far and has won well over a million dollars in stakes the previous 4 seasons... Plus the fact the majority of bitches he breeds with are sprinters.. :unsure::wacko::blink::ph34r:

Eg) https://fasttrack.blob.core.windows.net/webcontent/documents/policies/AnimalWelfareInitiative_Breeding.pdf

+ there new pink card system. 

I know there are smaller trainers thinking exactly the same thing as me, as I've received PM's from more than one in the past. There's far to much conflict of interest for NZGRA to actually take this seriously tho, and for that reason there's only one way this will end is by hitting rock bottom. Take a step outside the industry and see what your average 'Joe Blogz' thinks of our industry, and with social media the way it is now things ain't gonna change anytime soon unless someone has the balls to rattle some feathers.

I cant tell you what they are doing with their dogs although Im sure most people have similar suspicions, but mcinerneys would have to make around $900,000 a year just to fead their dogs.

That is what I have been saying, the industry is rattling the wrong feathers, no one cares whether or not You have the right hat on, that is not hgoing to affect punting like some of the other issues we are facing and the association just do not seem fit to deal with these issuea. 

you are spot on schoey,the dress code doesn't improve turnover all it does is make a lot of us resentful to the powers that be.yes it is fine to have a basic standard but our policy has gone way too far.we still have way too many track issues and other problems that DO affect turnover and the board should be spending time on this, after all its about the greyhounds and encouraging wagering on them,not wether or not a bloody handler has a monogram on their damn cap or wears a red,yellow or black one!!!

13 hours ago, GONSTA said:

Imagine if this was implemented in NZ... I'd imagine a few people would be looking for a new profession rather quickly...

http://www.thedogs.com.au/DPage.aspx?id=408

It is a Greyhounds Australasia Rule (GAR) so probably not long, more like only a matter of time, before it is implemented and enforced in NZ considering that GRNZ is a member of GA. It is actually a requirement that such notification be lodged but most authorities have been lax in enforcing it, until now.

On 12 December 2015 at 6:17:55 PM, alltheway!!! said:

I cant tell you what they are doing with their dogs although Im sure most people have similar suspicions, but mcinerneys would have to make around $900,000 a year just to fead their dogs.

That is what I have been saying, the industry is rattling the wrong feathers, no one cares whether or not You have the right hat on, that is not hgoing to affect punting like some of the other issues we are facing and the association just do not seem fit to deal with these issuea. 

Need to make 900k a year to feed their dogs ? LMFAO. one of the stupidest things I've ever read on here. 

Well if it costs that much just to feed them then they can't be making much money, they have earned between 1 and 1.3 million for the last few seasons.

although they have earned a lot in petrol vouchers which would pay for gas, vehicles etc....

23 hours ago, GONSTA said:

Need to make 900k a year to feed their dogs ? LMFAO. one of the stupidest things I've ever read on here. 

23 hours ago, GONSTA said:

Gonsta, feeding a racing greyhound is not cheap, it could cost anywhere between $30-$60 a week, you times that by 250-350 (mcinerneys would have about that much dogs at a time), at minimum, its costing them $6000 a week just to feed them all, on top of that, You also have other things auch as important vitamins which arent cheap. That'll set them back around 250-350k, which means they have to make double that as most of their dogs are owned by others and would presumably be on 50-50 deals, so you tell me how far fetched that sounds