RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Dog

Too many Shaggin around...!!!!!..

All over the country Incompetent or Cunning handlers . The run up time from the  start of the lure  to boxes opening is, I believe uniform for  all tracks? The dogs get used to this and can be severely hampered if handlers cannot get their dogs in the boxes straight away through lack of experience, or strength ...or out right cunningness.. The starters need revving up and the stipes need to follow up.. Manawatu Monday and today at Wanganui at least two handlers should have been put on notice......Having   to have the right coloured hat is one  thing but from a punters point of view a fair go for all dogs is  another.... 

I know what you mean BD. I have already had to speak to a couple of the stipes about a couple of handlers that have taken to much time loading their dogs or stopping half way through loading & looking round.

The other thing I find annoying about it is that there are some handlers that are in the second line that don't wait for the call to load & as load their dogs as soon as there is room for them to get to their box.

I try to enforce the rules as much as I can when it comes to loading the dogs in quickly to get the race under way.

Yes, its been turned into an art form. The Stipes are a joke along with the starters. Ch CH seems to be the worst having several serial offenders. They stroke their dogs asse's whilst looking left or right to make sure they are last. Its so obvious that these cheats are trying to gain an unfair advantage over their fellow competitors.  Because the Stipes are unable to read races, and quite clearly do not realise when the wool is pulled over their blind heads, this cheating has now become infectious. Old story, if you cannot beat them, join them, and this is whats happened.  Maybe it time to name them.

Gary, Thank you for your time to reply to my post,  especially from a starters point of view... With the present coverage of activity prior to boxing it is easy to spot what is going on, and in  some cases more than you, can be expected to monitor. Can I suggest a simple small clipboard with a diagram of the box numbers and one for each race.  A tick in the square (in duplicate)  for any handler that draws your attention of which Television coverage can be used to confirm,  This could enable you as a starter to   compile for your area  constant trouble handlers. For example,  you might  find after a few meetings the same handler unable to box a specific dog or dogs in general and this can then be confirmed with the Stipes for some form of action. It has me stumped actually, we have the R.I.U. watching the monitor prior to the start and another peering over the fence and how often doe's anyone get reprimanded or spoken to, or it even making it as far as the daily report ??...It is so obvious at times and yet they can not see, or don't warrant it important enough. 

Quite simple...When the starter says  box up ..That is what is required!!.   

No problem BD.

We had 1 early yesterday at Cambridge which held back for a bit before loading their dog & when the race was finished & places give the stipe contacted me & got me to keep an eye on it & try & get them all going in together so it looks better for everyone.

It wasn't an issue once the trots started as for all of the races we were a little bit behind time & had to go straight in so the mucking around didn't happen. There were a couple of times when it took a bit longer getting a dog in but that was because the dog was playing up. 1 Handler had problems closing the door cause he got his tie stuck in it which we all including them had a bit of a laugh about.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎10‎:‎54‎, Gary Sharp said:

No problem BD.

We had 1 early yesterday at Cambridge which held back for a bit before loading their dog & when the race was finished & places give the stipe contacted me & got me to keep an eye on it & try & get them all going in together so it looks better for everyone.

It wasn't an issue once the trots started as for all of the races we were a little bit behind time & had to go straight in so the mucking around didn't happen. There were a couple of times when it took a bit longer getting a dog in but that was because the dog was playing up. 1 Handler had problems closing the door cause he got his tie stuck in it which we all including them had a bit of a laugh about.

You are doing a good job Gary , keep it up.!!!....I can  see an improvement since this post was initiated....and I sense passion with your intentions....God,,,,,,,,, if Greyhound Racing needs anything it needs          " Passion "  :)         

After yesterday at Auckland maybe things need a little fine tuning?.. Gary your exhibition of gardening while raking the  jump area in full view( prior to the start ) is not the best of looks   and when it gets mention on  air by two officials about  the slowness of boxing up perhaps time to take note.  . Why can't you do that off air and spend the Allotted time in Control of the handlers. Race 10 boxing up was a shocker If you and the stipe didn't realise it, a hell a lot of viewers maybe did... 

Hi BD,

Sorry for the late reply getting back to you in regards to this but have been on holiday for the last 2 weeks.

In regards to the boxing of the dogs yes you are right I do need to get back on top of that again to get them in faster hence the reason for taking the time off to recharge after working 3 months straight with on 2 days off in that time & only having 3hrs of sleep a night.

In regards to the cleaning up of the runway (gardening as you put it) it is the only time I can do it at the 318m boxes with the short gaps we now have since I'm not only the starter but also the parade steward for Auckland. We used to have a parade steward at Auckland which would allow me time to do the tidy up after the race but the did away with it a few years back. This maybe something that you could address with the club, stipes or GRNZ.

Now that I've had my break & am fully recharged I will be able to get back on top of things & do the job the best way I can like I used to.

Thanks for your comments & bringing to my attention what I need to work on. Every little thing  helps with trying to make our industry better on what I need to do to improve on the job I do.

I'm not letting it get to me MM. To be honest I welcome all comments about what I'm doing wrong so that way I can work on it to fix the issue & do my job better. With out people pointing out my faults so that I can fix them I can't change what is wrong so that we don't have any more problems with brainless twats like the person we all wanna speak to face to face so that we can all give him a piece of our minds.

Well done today Gary, that was  super.     The Gardner remarks were made on air not by me.   . and in my opinion the grooming of the track  that impedes your control of the position as starter is not fair on you,   Being used as the shit boy is  distracting  enough :).