RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Klitschko v Fury

7 hours ago, aquaman said:

Hey Canelo, interesting fights tonight 7pm sky sport 2. David Nyika and his brother. David Nyika is very classy, has a Floyd Mayweather stile. In my opinion a real gold medal contender for Rio. When he turns pro, look out.

Yes David fought a friend of mine I used to train with, Tristan Allison and David knocked him out cold inside 2 rounds he also outclassed and knocked out David Light a few months back who won a silver at the Comm Games. He is pretty good and does do the Mayweather shoulder roll but like they say there is only one Floyd and one day someone may expose that technique. I think he is a chance of a medal given the right luck at Rio. I don't know much about his brother only that he is a different build to David and has been successful at amateur level the past year or 2.

16 hours ago, Canelo said:

That's interesting Aquaman, can you bring up that list?

No i can't, not smart enough on the computer. I gleaned this information via TV 1 sports news about 2 weeks ago. Kevin Barry was waxing lyrical about the fact they are now No 1 contender, pretty sure WBO. Maybe Google will provide answer.

1 hour ago, Canelo said:

$50.00 to watch the next Parker fight. Why is it even pay per view? As much as I like Parker, he's a humble guy but seriously Lonergan is a dickhead and a sponge

If its 50 bucks, i will not take it. Should be able to watch it on the news Sunday night.

1 hour ago, Swoopa said:

Canelo, are they looking  for a  fight with Joshua?If  so  when?

Cheers 

Good question, and no idea. It will happen but I think Eddie Hearn, Joshuas manager is the guy who calls the shots not Lonergan. With Joshua they want opponents who are big enough names to fill 02 stadium, whether or not they see Parker as a big enough name is the big question.

I think  Joshua is the real deal,he brings to the ring an all round fighter who can only get better the more he fights.

For me Parker needs a lot more time and still may not get to that level.But as you say Canelo the "sponge "may push him into the deep end too soon and then it's all over.

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 10:01 PM, Canelo said:

Good question, and no idea. It will happen but I think Eddie Hearn, Joshuas manager is the guy who calls the shots not Lonergan. With Joshua they want opponents who are big enough names to fill 02 stadium, whether or not they see Parker as a big enough name is the big question.

Canelo, saw the fight of the year so far last night between  Selby  and Norman for the vacant British  flyweight title if you get a chance to watch a replay you won't  be disappointed.These wee men were at it for 12 rounds.

2 minutes ago, Swoopa said:

Canelo, saw the fight of the year so far last night between  Selby  and Norman for the vacant British  flyweight title if you get a chance to watch a replay you won't  be disappointed.These wee men were at it for 12 rounds.

Cheers Swoopa, will try to find a replay on Sky.

I think Parker will knockout Takam, i cannot see it going any further than 6 rounds. The publicity machine in Lonergan and Barry are doing what they always do, and that is pump up the opposition, but the reality is, Takam is made for Parker. I think this fight will be very one sided. Parker will be far to fast for a lumbering Takam. $1.65 for the knockout looks the way to go here. Parkers real test is yet to come.

Looking at Takams record he has lost twice, once by knockout in the 10th round against Povetkin who is a very good boxer. I think he will be Parkers toughest opponent and while I see Parker winning I think it will go 12 rounds but will solidify Parkers reputation if he knocks him out. Takam might have a couple of rounds if he gets close in to Parker and fights him on the inside but he has to get through Parkers jab which is a gamble.

Interesting situation you have here now. Parker is first in line to challenge Joshua for his belt but Hearn is talking of allowing Parker to fight on the undercard of a Joshua fight. So either they know something we don't or Hearn doesn't understand he doesn't have a say on whether Parker will be his fighters next opponent. I guess we will find out more in the following week. My guess is that both Lonergan and Hearn have pre-ordained plans for their fighters. Interesting they watched this fight in the UK for free but we pay $50.00.

33 minutes ago, Canelo said:

Interesting situation you have here now. Parker is first in line to challenge Joshua for his belt but Hearn is talking of allowing Parker to fight on the undercard of a Joshua fight. So either they know something we don't or Hearn doesn't understand he doesn't have a say on whether Parker will be his fighters next opponent. I guess we will find out more in the following week. My guess is that both Lonergan and Hearn have pre-ordained plans for their fighters. Interesting they watched this fight in the UK for free but we pay $50.00.

An interesting call for the "sponge".But I would say that money talks and if they can get a double dip with a undercard fight and then a title fight,that seems to be the win win solution for the camp.

Just now, Swoopa said:

An interesting call for the "sponge".But I would say that money talks and if they can get a double dip with a undercard fight and then a title fight,that seems to be the win win solution for the camp.

I think you are right

Personally I think at the moment Joshua would destroy Parker. He needs a lot more ring time againsted top opponents before he is in a position to challenge.

He was not fit enough for 12 rounds ,dropped his hands to much and kept his chin up at times. He has the potential to be the best we have produced,but I question the clowns looking after him. His next opponent will be ,wait for it,40 yr old Soloman Haumono!!!!!!!!.. He will not learn diddly squat from fighting these mugs.

And Dean Lonnergan, for heavens sake get out of the spotlight as frontman for DUCO. You are a complete dimwit,it took Martin Sneddan to gloss over your unprofessional behaviour. And thanks for ripping us off for so long, hopefully everyone will now boycott your fights and all Live Stream them for NOTHING Dean.

There is about 50 different sites one can download free content, sport ,movies etc. It is only a matter of time before SKY is dead in the water,and charging its customers 50 bucks for "the biggest sporting event in NZ this year" when it can be watched in SKY UK for nothing is deplorable .Is it illegal to live stream the fight off a channel where it is free to watch ????.

I shall be embracing livestreaming for the remainder of my life if technology allows and I know it will, so a big STIFF finger to the greedy conglomerates at SKY and DUCO.

Agree with you Globe. Joshua looks a beast. Admired Joe's heart in coming back every time Takam clocked him, but it was a pedestrian fight for the most part until the final rounds.  But fighting a younger, faster, stronger man will be much different.

Great interview with Bob Jones on radio today. He was scathing about the whole set up and has already told them this next fight will do absolutely nothing for his credibility...UK boxing people weren't that impressed either apparently.

I doubt Joshua is losing too much sleep over it either....

image.jpeg

Joshua v Breazeale tonight ,interesting fight but Joshua wins for me.As I have said earlier in this thread,Joshua is the best all round up and coming heavyweight i have seen in a while,and with age on his side he will be around for a while.Fight with Parker is penciled for early next year (still too soon for Parker and he may never get to the level required imo.Only chance is if he ditches his team for UK or USA)and then a fight with Fury who sprained his "fanny "(sorry ankle)in training and has postponed  his rematch with  Klitschko.