RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lowdown

Roebyna Bak- Dogzone

Interested in peoples thoughts on our Racing Manager Roebyna Bak, particularly her interview on Dogzone last night.

Personally didn't think she spoke well at all, maybe she was nervous but surely coming across well in that kind of setting would be something we can expect from someone in her position.? She was interviewed by Liz on Trackside on NZ cup night and that was equally as awkward, giving short and sharp answers and seemingly avoiding any questions that require her to show some knowledge about greyhound racing and on both occasions went back to talking about her harness racing experience and how 'there are similarities'. Gives the impression that she waltzed into the job on the back of harness racing experience and thought 'here's easy pickings, GRNZ will give me a job', without actually having any passion or want to learn about and improve the new industry she's in! Harsh? Maybe, but like I said that's the impression I get.  Other than that she also mentioned 'gear changes' being publicized, what's that about? Strappings, blinkers, what other gear will be mentioned.? Vital part of horse form information sure, but interesting concept for dog form analysts.

History says she's experienced at saying not much or nothing at all.

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/246622/sfo-internal-affairs-investigating-pokie-grant-trusts

http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-express/news/7043306/Racing-identity-proclaims-innocence

It also documented that she played somewhat of a co-starring role in the Bluegrass Holdings fiasco.

http://www.gamblinglaw.co.nz/download/Decisions/Decision GC1014.pdf

However, that was then & this is now.

Caps & beanies which were previously $12 each from GRNZ are now being offered for free to LP's, so maybe she's making a some positive changes for the code.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/news/stakeholders.aspx

21 hours ago, GONSTA said:

Just caught the replay, wow how embarrassing. Clearly lacking any passion or knowledge about the industry. 

I agree with the lack of passion. Knowledge might be a different story.

There are some very close similarities between the two industries (horse & greyhound).

Both racing animals have four legs.

Both racing animals can seem to have some sort of drug problems on occasion.

You can have a punt on both of them with the TAB.

Both pee & $hit on bluegrass.

The biggest difference between the two industries, that I can think of, is horse people end up getting to police the dogs, but dog people don't end up getting to police the horses.

I thought I'd share my recent interaction with this lady, sent her a message saying that I don't like the new format on the mobile version of thedogs new form guides, the format is average, you can't click on a dogs name when you bring up the whole card of fields in 'print/view all races' and now need to go thru them individually to click on a dogs profile. A couple of the replies I recieved were so ignorant it isn't funny. 

"The print/view races are avail be on mobile. I have tested them myself ant they appear in a better format than previously - one race per page. We had one other complaint and I went back to the website people and they advise they are availbe for phone viewing. I have checked on my phone and the fields appear ok."

"You have never been able to bring up the form from the print/view tab. The print view is merely a list of fields. That has never changed. By going into the fields themselves you can utiluse that function."

"Good afternoon Rxxxxx. Hope your punting is better than your computer skills. Cheers"

I agree with regards to the 'new' field layout, it is terrible.

But it's typical of our association, mucking about with things that don't need changing like the fields on the website and umpteen amount of dress code changes ( I see yet another update on the website) yet ignoring things that do need fixing.

Wonder if we will ever get a Facebook page like the rest of the world, I thought we might be in the modern age by now but seems not.

3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Phoned "Ribena" last Tuesday re Accounting problem but she couldn't help Was going to consult Accountant and call back.Still waiting.

Hope your punting skills are better than your accounting skills would be the reply I'd expect if my interaction was anything to go by! 

I have only ever asked 3 questions to Roebyna...  In each case I was told she would get  back to me which  she did.  All questions were what I would expect a person in this position to know and answer off the cuff.    I think in all fairness,   the new C.E.O has some position changes to handle.