RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JOHNRYAN

Hughie Green and whale and mick

You're right there good horse but he's done that before but then flopped in the big time plus he had to do that tonight. His only opposition was 30m behind him. But to go on about Hughie and the Auckland Cup though. A 3200m FFA stand? He'd need a very soft run to have any chance. But you watch the northern bias from the usual people leading into it.

In your unbiased opinion how many 4 year olds do you know that in their first start for about 7 months can make a mid race move to lead in a 2700 metre race then run run a 55.9 half and 26.8 quarter without any effort and win by that margin? I can only think of Have Faith In Me .

32 minutes ago, Nslram said:

In your unbiased opinion how many 4 year olds do you know that in their first start for about 7 months can make a mid race move to lead in a 2700 metre race then run run a 55.9 half and 26.8 quarter without any effort and win by that margin? I can only think of Have Faith In Me .

JOHNRYAN / johnevans is well off the mark.

You rightly should be extremely proud of your boy. He's a live chance in the Auckland Cup without a shadow of a doubt. clear second fav to my eye. I was on track to see his resumption last night and I can tell you that was as impressive a racetrack resumption as I've seen at the park in many a long year. Hughie and your other beauty T.O.A have been the two age group / sex horses that have given the All Stars the biggest concerns.

I've nailed just about every Auckland Cup winner since Bolton Byrd in 76 barring Flight South in 2000. Impossible not to be mightily impressed by Have Faith In Me but if you give this boy have a sniff H.F.I.M will know he's there for 100% certain.

I was genuinely delighted to see him win the way he did last night. You're in for a very exciting season. I look forward with baited breath to some epic battles.

Sincere congrats. 

What a silly thing to say. To ask how many 4 year olds this year could do that? Most horses who ran in the NZ cup would do that or better but they're not 4 year olds. Unfortunately for Hughie's fans the Auckland cup is an open free for all 3200m. Good chance he'll faint yet again at the big hurdle. I said he was good but do we really have to put up with the usual north island presenters patting one another on the backs regarding Hughie in the lead up to the cup. He'll need a very soft run to have a chance.

Funny how at times some people say things that later come back and bite them on the arse and highlight what a complete bell end they are.

Harness Racing needs really good horses and Hughie Green is certainly one of them. Yes he failed in the big Group One on Cup day in 2014 but he'd come a long way in a short time and was quickly forgiven by all those with a brain bigger than a sultana. He may not be as good as Have Faith In Me but very few are. He does not need a soft run to show his best. He's only going to get better. I will enjoy his every start regardless of what know it all knobs say.

Usual South Island rubbish from sheep shagger country were the only thing bigger than the chip on their shoulders is the size of Canterbury rugbys cheque book  to buy players.

Hughie would have cleared out in that sires race in Chch 13 months ago but he was green and made a mistake. That's racing. If he's back to his best H F I M won't see which way he went.

11 hours ago, JOHNRYAN said:

what's a bell end? Must be a good thing. I'm saying the usual suspects are getting carried away again. I guess it's because northerners have so little to cheer about these days.

802e724ab7788acb25de29008481938b.500x497

11 hours ago, JOHNRYAN said:

what's a bell end? Must be a good thing. I'm saying the usual suspects are getting carried away again. I guess it's because northerners have so little to cheer about these days.

1. The head of the penis, being vaguely bell shaped. Like a mushroom head. 
2. A complete idiot.

Does that answer your question?

4 hours ago, frankie said:

Usual South Island rubbish from sheep shagger country were the only thing bigger than the chip on their shoulders is the size of Canterbury rugbys cheque book  to buy players.

Hughie would have cleared out in that sires race in Chch 13 months ago but he was green and made a mistake. That's racing. If he's back to his best H F I M won't see which way he went.

I backed Hughie in that Sires Stakes but yet again someone and usually a north Islander rating a sires stakes which is only one crop of aged horses against all n sundry. Your analogy is the same as saying last year's under 21 all blacks first 5 should have played the recent world cup in Dan Carter's place. Understand?

Wow what a great race it should be tonight.Hughie drawn 1 and potentially the best horse in NZ on his back.Driving tactics may play a part.Will Hughie Green give up the lead to NO DR Needed and put Have Faith in Me 3 back or will Tiger Tara come round and take the lead..

Do not forget the Iceman and Ohoka Punter, Never out of the money in 11 starts over the distance and has run 2:39 on his ear. Tricky draw but I thought his run was better than Hughie Green in that trial. Will be a good chance at longer odds

I just not 100% convinced that Punter in the same class as the other 3.And not sure if Hughie in same class as Tiger and HFIM.As we seen at the cup meeting Nth Islanders tend to overate their horses ,or maybe i just underate them.We will see.HFIM could end up 3/4 back as i am sure No Dr Needed or Tiger Tara,if not both,will be out attacking Hughie at some stage.If HFIM can get off fence then i think it will be far too good but a big IF.